Jeck Jims' MD2s 2.0's Final Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is what Chrome means.
sonic_running_avatar_picture_66299.gif

I'm gonna be kinda nitpicky here...

Is Classic Shadow going to have his skating animations, or is he going to be like Shadow unleashed which honestly, looked really ugly.

Also, is there no way to allow the Young Sonic model run with the figure 8 motion that he does in SRB2 and the classic games? You made Young Tails pretty much perfect in his running and flying animations, I was hoping you would try to do the same for Sonic.

Ok, I'll be nit picky with your post as well, hopefully I can help you understand why I haven't already done what your requesting.

First off, Shadow Unleashed was HORRIBLE, I know that. It was one of my first models, made pre-2.0 and I would NEVER recommend using it. Brawl Shadow is an improvement, but a rushed job, and I am fixing him up as well.

As for skating, SRB2's uses four quickly changeing frames for it's running animation. This works great for Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles because they do not move much. But to use only FOUR frames to correctly show shadow skating is almost impossible. To make it even less obtainable, SRB2 renders MD2 animations with what I call Auto-filling. This is what causes the "Paper" effect. Basicly, what it does is has the moving parts of the model move to their next position as quickly as possible, with the most direct route. This effects skating because the auto-fill+four frames= Un-natural Movement. Trust me, it just looks horrible. But, all hope is not lost, I noticed somehow in SRB2 Riders, Shadow uses his super/ability frames for running, allowing for more frames. If I could mimic this, I could create a blank WAD and animate Shadow correctly with skating. Although, you would HAVE to use the WAD.

On to Sonic's running frames. Hopefully after reading the above paragraph you understand what I'm up against. I have been toying around with the idea you guys want, but not for awhile. I plan to study that video of classic sonic in modern stage for inspiration.(Sonic Generations) I already have a couple of ideas, We'll just have to see how they turn out. Quick question- Same for Knuckles?

I appreciate the advice, and I will try my best to comply.

Well is it possible for you to stretch out the foot as a blur? The Sonic 3 running frames are only 4 frames long, so it could be possible. But since I don't model like this, I have no idea if this'll work.

I know it's not a figure eight, but it's pretty hard to describe without showing you.

...Unless you want me to say "Make Sonic's legs run in a circle" Which sounds pretty stupid.

You could say make Sonic's legs whirl when you run. Saying make Sonic's legs run in a circle is pretty accurate and doesn't sound stupid to me. :/

Well is it possible for you to stretch out the foot as a blur? The Sonic 3 running frames are only 4 frames long, so it could be possible. But since I don't model like this, I have no idea if this'll work.
Well, with low-poly models like my Classic Sonic, it's pretty easy to make a whole new part of the mesh for a blur.

Jeck, I've got a kinda difficulty in finding some models. You should tell which models are in the zips so I don't have to download all those packs and keep searching.

I tell what pack a model(s) in after it's description... The "pack 3" after silver generations tells that is in pack three. I do have to add the to a couple, I'll get on it soon.

I tell what pack a model(s) in after it's description... The "pack 3" after silver generations tells that is in pack three. I do have to add the to a couple, I'll get on it soon.

Make it easier on yourself and just list the packs and what models are in them so you can just add to the list when needed. It will also give us an idea of what else will be in it even if you don't list it by accident.

CREAM (and other updates) ADDED AUGUST 27th
Sorry for the long wait for an update, haven't gotten much work done, but I figured I should release some of what I have gotten to work on.
First off, completely random, Cream. I figured it was about time to show our rabbit friend some more love. I took the sonic riders cream model and, made it into this. I had many options for animation, If your able to open her up, try swapping out some, I left them in there. Cheese Included! (pack3)
attachment.php

Now for a, you guessed it, ANOTHER Young Sonic Update.
Taking your advice, I did my best to give his running animations a circle feel, hope you like what I came up with. I also added facial expressions, I know the surprise ones look, strange, I'll fix that eventually.(pack3)

My next update started after Classic Tails' first picture in generations was shown.
I added different, more rounded shoes as well as an optional texture to make Tails appear as he does in Generation. Facial Expresses are also on this version.(pack3)
attachment.php

Last edited:
Not add to the list of things to do, but did you know that Unleashed sonic has no tailspickup frames? At least that's what I'm seeing.

Honestly, I have no plans to fix fix an old, crappy model that has an identical, newer, better version. (mixsonic) Pretty soon I'm going to reorganize everything with the old crap I refuse to work on in one download. Extra stuff in another. (shields, monitors etc.) Good stuff in one, and last betas in another.

I was just saying is all. Figured if you were, then you should know, if not, then you wouldn't do anything about it.

Speaking of good stuff, did you fix the cream issue? I am quite looking forward to using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back