[Open Assets] SRB2 Riders 2.46.5

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using an Xbox 360 controller, and I've always been able to drift. Turning is still set to the X-Axis (left control stick), and Strafe is the Z-Axis (left and right Trigger).

My setup is yours flipped. (z for turning, x for strafe.) And my pad is a Frisbee.

I use a Logitech USB pad, drifting never works on it. On neither Riders or Mario Kart mode.

Another thing I've noticed: The speed pads in Mario Kart act NOTHING like the pads currently in SRB2; in Mario Kart, pads ADD to your speed, while in SRB2, the pads shift you in the direction at a set speed (And usually so briefly as to be useless). Any way you can add an accelerating, top speed extending boost pad like Mario Kart? Or at least a boost pad that acts like a nerf'd mushroom?

Is it sad that I like most of the foot racing characters more than their actual WADs? Seriously, the upward thok for sonic and shadow seems a lot more useful, Rouge can actually fly, and Eggman controls more like his boss self. I also like the knuckles frames, they are reminiscent (sp?) to his S3&K animations. It's just too bad that SEGA never gave silver spinning animations, because he just looks funny jumping up and down.

Also, how exactly do you get rid of cheese when you change characters? That's been bugging me a while.

Silver used spin in Sonic Rivals 1 and 2. So out of his three main story games, he spun in 2/3 of them.

Silver used spin in Sonic Rivals 1 and 2. So out of his three main story games, he spun in 2/3 of them.
If I'm not mistaken, the third one also wipes itself from canon in the end. meaning it doesn't even count.

hey, it's not our fault that sega did a poor job of explaining silver's existence. For all we know he could be the distant offspring of sonic and amy. (it would kind of make sense, since earlier games depicted her as a fortune teller)

hey, it's not our fault that sega did a poor job of explaining silver's existence. For all we know he could be the distant offspring of sonic and amy. (it would kind of make sense, since earlier games depicted her as a fortune teller)

Except it doesn't since it is entirely canon how much Sonic despises Amy, and how poorly made of a character Silver is, and how he was put into Rivals just to promote it in the worst way possible. Thankfully, anything involving Silver can be chalked up to non-canon since Sonic 06 self destructed itself out of the timeline, thus we shouldn't even be worrying about this. Mainly because of the implications with the Rush series...

...Oh, right. The spin frames. I'd frankly just go with nospinjump because Silver is more recognized without the ability to spin than when he CAN spin.

What are you guys talking about? In the end of Sonic Rivals 2 silver says goodbye to Espio and then just goes back to the "new future." His memories and others were not erased like Sonic 06.
Anyway back on topic. I just noticed this latly, but almost every item I pick up is a ring. I almost never get air, I feel that needs balanced out.

Accident posted twice. Internet error... Um yeah ignore this post

Last edited:
What are you guys talking about? In the end of Sonic Rivals 2 silver says goodbye to Espio and then just goes back to the "new future." His memories and others were not erased like Sonic 06.
Anyway back on topic. I just noticed this latly, but almost every item I pick up is a ring. I almost never get air, I feel that needs balanced out.

So this raises the big question: HOW THE FUCK DOES HE REMEMBER ANYTHING? and if he is referring to a new future, I suppose he means one where Eggman Nega isn't ruining the plot of Rush by saying the alternate dimension is suddenly the future now. And, you know, not terrorizing his timeline. I'm just gonna stick with "Silver is non-canon and only allowed in non-canon sidegames".

And yes, as I have noticed when porting Riders maps to Kart mode, the capsule balance is waaaaay off. Sometimes there are no random capsules, sometimes there are only ring capsules or air capsules, its all poorly placed. Your only source of air are the shortcuts and jumps, but if you run out of air, the latter doesent work, and when you autohop and get a C rank, its usually not even enough to try to go for an X rank on the next ramp! Again, this can be chalked up to poor level design, but Inu's idea to get air from rings after 100 would help a lot too.

Last edited:
Found something strange, this has only happened to me me a couple of times, so it may just be a random glitch. Sometimes when your giant certain things wont work. Examples: Once I was big and crossed the finish line on my last lap, and it was as if I missed it. (no I didn't miss it or any checkpoint.) Another time I was big and I drove off one of those ramp things, and instead of following the pre-set path, I just fell to my death. And lastly, I was big and drove through a line of springs. These could just be random, but it was the fact that I was big all three times that makes me think there is an issue with the item.

Im sorry if anyone posted this but:

There's a problem: Mouse users cannot drift (at least riders) and you can only drift if you use the arrows.

So Jeck your problem is that your joystick is using a mouse option. (I Think)

There's a problem: Mouse users cannot drift (at least riders) and you can only drift if you use the arrows.

That's not a problem per-say, that's just how drifting works. Otherwise, you'd be able to drift a 180 in the space of a ring, making it pretty redundant since mouse users can just turn that much. Think of it this way; its either you get speed boosts around corners, or you get perfect control. Pick one.

I personally have it set up where down arrow is Taunt/Drift, Q is weapon/item, space is jump/accelerate, shift is spin/brake, and W&S are Up&Down respectively. Not only does this remain compatible with Riders and Sonic R (Which I still use mouse for), drifting with down arrow makes drifting super easy.

Last edited:
Among the numerous things in this mod that desperately need polish, here's one more for the pile:

[22:35] <MrMystery> how bizzare. in riders mode, the strafe on key seems to have LESS cornering effect when drifting
[22:35] <MrMystery> but if you use strafe left or strafe right, it's very effective no matter which direction you steer
[22:38] <MrMystery> wow, if you use strafe on then it will only let you steer one direction while drifting. point it in the other and it starts drifting in THAT direction
[22:38] <MrMystery> talk about useless
[22:39] <MrMystery> that key ought to be disabled entirely once you're riding the board
[22:41] <MrMystery> and it is just as utterly dysfunctional and unhelpful in kart mode

Not wanting to give up work on Crawla Honcho, I tried to see if the issue wasn't something else. I copypasted Cream.ridr directly, change the MAINCFG a bit (Set ability to 0, exgear to 0 and speed to 32) and load it in. I get the same exact error.

I dont think this has anything to do with the ASCII characters. I think the wad simply cannot load so many sprites from a single wad at once. As a result, not only would I not be able to fill in certain frames, but there are so MANY of them, I cannot even add a character wad at all! As a result, I think its safe to say that character wads for Riders are currently impossible.

EDIT: Directly copypasting and renaming a wad with no modifications does the same thing. Changing the extension from .ridr to .wad also does nothing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back