Team Fortress 2 help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSonicStar*

イㄖㄛㄋㄙㄊ&#
I hope this topic is in the right forum. Anyway, I can't seem to run Team Fortress 2. I can, but when joining the server, I get timeouts. I have 512 mb's of RAM as well. If anyone can help me, please do. Also, if you need more details, kindly ask.

Post your specs.

Also: If you're on wireless you might have a fluctuating signal. Try to get a wired connection to your router or modem.

Last edited:
Post your specs.

Also: If you're on wireless you might have a fluctuating signal. Try to get a wired connection to your router or modem.

What are specs, errors? Also, I should be fine with my wireless connection. It's very good for wireless.

Also, I should be fine with my wireless connection. It's very good for wireless.
Obviously not very good with latency sensitive games. Get wired or don't bother to play at all. Also, your router can be blocking ports the game uses.

The RAM, video card or processor is not the problem here. Specs = System specifications. Popping open Dxdiag will get you some basic specs readouts, also Speccy can read specs in an easy to digest format too.

Obviously not very good with latency sensitive games. Get wired or don't bother to play at all. Also, your router can be blocking ports the game uses.

The RAM, video card or processor is not the problem here. Specs = System specifications. Popping open Dxdiag will get you some basic specs readouts, also Speccy can read specs in an easy to digest format too.

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.090804-1412)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Dimension 4700
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A09
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 510MB RAM
Page File: 800MB used, 2706MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINNT
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

It does say 510 MB RAM, but I do have 512 MB of RAM. Also, I used "canirunit.com" to figure out was TF2 compatible with my computer. So far, I've passed the test. But basically, I just get disconnected, that's the only main problem. If I can stop that, then I'm fine. And as Superflippy said, he has a wireless connection which works fine, so mine should work fine as well.

Bellsouth Modem.

It's "canirunit", not "canirunitfast" or "canirunitandnotbedisconnected".

Try checking your ports and seeing if they are open, if not maybe the servers you try are disconnecting you. If all else fails, try to get hold of your ISP without calling them(Calling brings you sometimes a guy who's accent is too bad to understand).

Hey.. >_>
Wireless can play it perfectly. :p

A lack of knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Wired does not suffer from connection loss much (it's a very rare thing), whereas it is very easy to lose a connection with wireless. Routers are not the same, I can reach my access point from the other side of the house with my laptop, but that same laptop cannot access a cheaper router from the other side of a smaller house. The former goes through breeze block.

Devices are also variable, I can get a perfect signal on some devices but not others.

tl;dr: Wireless is not good for playing games, and probably never will be, it's not reliable enough, while some may be fine others will not.

tl;dr: Wireless is not good for playing games, and probably never will be, it's not reliable enough, while some may be fine others will not.

AKA depending on how much money you put into your wireless thing. It can affect your gaming. I can play SRB2 and get NO lag.

And remember, PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii all use online. Unless the server is crappy. It can play almost flawlessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back