This is the best kart game I've ever played, hands down. Whenever my friends come home again to play Mario Kart 8, WE WON'T, ALL HAIL SRB2 KART!

The karma mechanic for battle, the wide range of maps to race (I'm talking about quantity, style and source material), the insanely good drifting system... I could spent hours playing this game without realizing. IT'S SO GOOD!

Staff attack is a very good way to learn the track, without having to look for shortcuts by trial-and-error or looking online (both of which I tried on other kart games).

Here's hoping for more custom tracks, characters and whatever else this community can create!

PS: there are more features you guys want to release? The only thing I feel it's missing is an online leader board, but that isn't a big deal, since the game focus on multiplayer... But I'm almost 100% sure there was something you guys were like "it's taking too much time to do this thing, let's publish without it and add later"

PS: there are more features you guys want to release? The only thing I feel it's missing is an online leader board, but that isn't a big deal, since the game focus on multiplayer... But I'm almost 100% sure there was something you guys were like "it's taking too much time to do this thing, let's publish without it and add later"
https://kart.tinted.red/

Is there anyway to bypass the 17 wad limit when you're loading custom characters and tracks for local play? Would love to have a huge library of kart racers and courses to choose from.

Is there anyway to bypass the 17 wad limit when you're loading custom characters and tracks for local play? Would love to have a huge library of kart racers and courses to choose from.

probably not, as that would probably accede the available memory and possibly crash the game

i noticed when joining a server the ping just goes straight up even if its on your region, why is that problem happening??

To anyone having latency issues in netgames in spite of having good internet, redownload the 32 bits (x86) version of the game (which is the only avaiable version of the game on the thread right now), something went horribly wrong with 64 bits builds.

I'm having a little error downloading the patch, I've attempted 3 times and it just says Error: Prohibited.

Hi all, for anyone on Linux, the PPA has been moved to a new location, and should hopefully work if you had some issues before with the data files, check the release post for updated details!
There's an issue currently where if you're using Ubuntu 19.04 or Debian Buster or equivalent there's no package currently due to a build issue. If you have the know-how you should still be able to compile it yourself if you're okay with disabling PNG support for screenshots, we'll try and get this sorted.

EDIT: If you added the old PPA, you should be able to remove it with the following command:
sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:wolfy852/kart-public

Last edited:
personal comment: for some reasons kodachrome doesnt feel right with the pallette change, before it was a wild wacky map, now it's kinda bland.
can i start a petition to have old kodachrome back? ;-;

most likely a GBJ (not counting if you use the console command "respawn"): happens if you go "straight" on top of a treasure chest, from an explosion or whatever, you get sucked inside the box and you get stuck, and after you are stuck, if you jump again for any reason, explosions or such, you do not leave the chest, the chest jumps with you, and holds you in place.
the images are from map45 "ck regal raceway" which is full of these chests - and to use "devmode" i used "map map45 -force" console command in the main menu (since main menu is always single player
pic in order:
in the first i got stuck like that, nothing to do to leave it;
in the second i tried using a turbo, no knockback to push you out;
in the third and fourth devmode was used to show the Z axiss, and the fact that it doesnt let you exit the box, and the box stays on the character.

(since item boxes dont give explosive in single player, "Shoutout to the creator of "KL_jump_v1.wad" Rapidgame7 for making that amazing wad that lets you jump anywhere, also no, this happened way before this wad was released, in version1.0.1 of kart, while i was playing with 2 friends local, got hit by a bomb and then bonked on another player into the top of a chest and got sucked in).

yes, i do realize that is like 99.999% impossible on a normal game, but wacky things happens on a wacky game like srb2 kart, and that's why everyone here likes it. :3

Attachments

• Image1.png
    Image1.png
    527.5 KB · Views: 518
  • Image2.png
    Image2.png
    528.7 KB · Views: 442
  • Image3.png
    Image3.png
    525.8 KB · Views: 395
  • Image4.png
    Image4.png
    564.2 KB · Views: 435
Released a quick hot-fix, mainly for dedicated servers. Please re-download if you got the patch already.

I can't download the patch cuz my phone can't acces GitHub (and my PC doesn't have Internet since early 2018)
Can you upload the patch in another site?

Jeez, I haven't been on here since Independence Day 2017, and among other things, this happens?! Well... considering how much nostalgia Mario Kart 64 gives me, that's what I get for that level of negligence XD

Well, outside of that, I'm enjoying this quite a bit. While I've not played a whole lot of this (mostly cuz I haven't played SRB2 in some time lol), from what I have played, it's definitely something fun.

Not much else to say, but there's a slight problem when running this on Linux, or at least on Ubuntu 18.04. I can't access bonuschars.kart under normal circumstances. I have to move the file to ~/.srb2kart and enable it from the addons menu just to access it.

- Puzzled

P.S. I feel like I need to update my signature lol

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back