• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Crisis City: Work In Progress...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lat'

Absolute territory where
Kart Krew™️
--SRB2 MB EDITION--

Hai everyone!

That weekend, I have started a Crisis City level because I'm bored.
I have finished the act 1 (it' s not RIPED from Sonic 2006!).
So I'm sorry for the screenshots, the only screenshot I have took is broken now...

Here is a download link for the current act 1: http://www.sendspace.com/file/jsspm4

P.S- Don't again critize my English I hae just 11 years and I'm FRENCH. It's normal to write unreadable words. -_-#

Last edited:
The level was ok but you did make some mistakes on the 2d area I would suggest that you read this but translated of course. Your 2d area is a bit challenging for a player who is not used to the level, you can not see what is ahead of you properly.

Unlike sonic 06, I actually somewhat enjoyed this level. but there are some things that I didn't like about this level,
There was a slime trail at the beginning.
The level was really short, if it was longer and harder it would be much better.
Tn the 2d part the red buzzes don't fallow you.
The building next to the speed shoes in the beginning kills you if you jump on it.
The part at the end was a little confusing on where I was supposed to go, I was running forward until I couldn't see any more platforms, and then luckily I see in the corner of my eye, a tiny platform hidden behind a building with a red spring. You should probably make that more visible.
This has a long way until this level is actually good.

Last edited:
For awnser your "questions" about CCZ1

Posted by wizeman:
There was a slime trail at the beginning.
>>What you mean by "A slime trail"??

The level was really short, if it was longer and harder it would be much better.
>>Everybody sez that about the level, I'll made it better.

Tn the 2d part the red buzzes don't fallow you.
>>I don't know why this is happen.

The building next to the speed shoes in the beginning kills you if you jump on it.
>>(LOL) I forgot that, sorry.

The part at the end was a little confusing on where I was supposed to go, I was running forward until I couldn't see any more platforms, and then luckily I see in the corner of my eye, a tiny platform hidden behind a building with a red spring. You should probably make that more visible.
>>Yes I'll do it now.

Posted by Lunar:

decorate the level a little bit and use some textures that aren't butt-ugly DCZ bricks, but that's minor stuff - you need to focus on making the level actually interesting first.
>>Yes, maybe I can use SRB2ASSETPACK.

And yes, I know TSDude, the 2D area is hard with sonic if you move too fast. I'll fix it now.

Overall it's adequate, but it's unbalanced and inconsistent with the current content in SRB2. The 2D sections were slightly desirable as its not typical to have protagonists of SRB2 involuntarily ricochet between various impediments. This effect could conceivably benefit from more gimmicks and an increase in speed between waypoints as it's quite bland in its current state. The 3D sections lack direction, so I recommend your next revision of this map (if one), to be more enclosed with fewer cheap (lava based) deaths. Instead of trying to recreate an existing level belonging to a different game, I suggest trying to improve upon it by making a counterpart that is instead only loosely based on the concepts of the selected level. Also, the textures aren't of much concern as the layout is currently broken and should take priority over this.

Update!

Hi guys!
I have read the commentaries and updated the first act. The level is again short, I'll made another section later.

Fixed:
The killer building
Added new path at the start (turn left after the first red spring)
more than 250 rings for perfect bonus! (impossible as sonic)
2D section fixed, turret section fixed.

Here's a download link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/rs52gv

The act 2 should be started by Rocky.
Sorry for the texture, they don't work :/ (texture replacement isn't alowed and I get an error when I use them in a level :/)

Last edited:
My comments after playing and looking at it with SLADE:
Is the music ported from Sonic '06? It's not bad.
This level isn't particularly interesting, but the turret section was pretty good IMO.
Needs more enemies/hazards/other things that can kill you.
The automated sections should be faster and shorter if possible.
I liked both routes.
I like how you used a special stage sky. That was pretty cool.
9 MB is kind of big for one level -- maybe you could use an online audio converter to convert the zone music to OGG format? It'll work and sound the same, and it will take up less space.
Also, you should fix any missing textures. People don't like seeing the top of the screen be filled with "Defaulted to REDWALL."

Last edited:
Yes I see what redwall it is.

Yes I know the zoom tube section is too long :/

If you have any idea to make it shorter tell me because, honnestly, I don't want to broke my level.

If you have any suggestions, tell me because the next release of Crisis City 1 will be the last.

If you have any idea to make it shorter tell me because, honnestly, I don't want to broke my level.
You could use speed pads instead. If you use them right, I think you can get essentially the same effect as a zoom tube, but faster.
I noticed you're having trouble adding textures. PM me and I'll help you with that.

Erm... Yes it can be cool if you help me with my textures.
I'll PM you when the textures are all done because I not really want to do it now...

*yawns*

Sorry for the wait guys, I have finally completed the act 1!

>>>>> http://www.sendspace.com/file/0ex0df <<<<

(THIS LINK IS YOUR FRIEND :O )

I have added a lot of Hazards, it make the level more difficult.
I fixed all glitches and other things.

I get a short beta of the act 2 from Rocky. I actually made it... but slowy, very slowy.

That link was friendly, anyway the level has some good improvements in difficulty especially the use of the torch things. And I love the colormap effect, the level reminds me more of a 3d classic crisis city (I'm not saying it's bad).

I see you like it =P

I put all that torches to make it very hard. I think I'll post the act 1 into submission.

I haven't even finished downloading the WAD yet and I can tell the music data still takes up a lot of space. Please fix this. 10 megabytes is way too much for one level.
Actually, I'll do it for you. Usually I wouldn't bother, but you seem to have a bit of merit here. I'll PM you a fixed version later.
EDIT: Your music is way too long. After converting it to OGG format, it's still six freaking megabytes. You might want to truncate it.
EDIT2: You say you've finished this? You seem to have just set everything on fire. I thought you were going to make it longer.
Also, there are still too many death pits in places where there shouldn't be. Try going through the level acting like someone clumsy who just learned SRB2 controls yesterday.

Last edited:
Sorry for the wait guys, I have finally completed the act 1!

>>>>> http://www.sendspace.com/file/0ex0df <<<<

(THIS LINK IS YOUR FRIEND :O )

I have added a lot of Hazards, it make the level more difficult.
I fixed all glitches and other things.

I get a short beta of the act 2 from Rocky. I actually made it... but slowy, very slowy.

Fixed all the glitches? Well I just wanted to mention this glitch I found in a sector error.

srb20205.png

It's near this place after the checkpoint under this FOF. I know this is just an edit but just wanted to point that out.
srb20206.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back