Grammar and spelling problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't need to put my name on the end of my post, for I, the godly ree-c has it... right above his avatar.

Red Vs Blue Alien taught me English. Blargh honk.

But why doesn't he just put Sonict in his sig?

Soni-*killed in various ways*

P.S. Next it will be SRieal giaz wh0 ph33k1n l3arn3d u w0rdz?

Wow, okay. When's the last time we had a decent fad, since lol o hai guys?

~ BlueW

Okay guys, lets get things back on track. If you have nothing to add to the conversation, stop posting. Otherwise I'll have to start handing out bans for useless posting.

how do i make my own mods?

Blue Warrior said:
Sonow Hakura said:
but I would think that most people wouldn't overreact to one missing apostraphe

It ain't just one, let me remind you. In fact, it adds up quickly when a lot of users don't have any sense of punctuation.

EDIT: Though, for once I think DW's exaggerating on a portion of his last post about apostrophes.

appostrophe.gif

Yes, this was slapped together in thirty minutes.

Sonict said:
I wish I knew who was changing it. I have a feeling that it is Shuffle.

Shu said:
Sonict- The biggest freaking grammar Nazi on this board, I hate how he ends every thing with "Sonict", so no way it's him.

I want to clear this up so you will know why I did that. The grammar Nazi thing: I assume you mean my editing of the posts with the red for almost every misspelling? Yes, I didn't realize that I shouldn't be using it that much, so I have stopped doing it. So you don't like how I end my posts with my name? Too bad. Someone on another forum did it when I was a member there a few years ago, so I stole his idea and used it here.

I hope this clears up what you guys may had thought of me. If not, I will know soon enough.

Sonict

I have the potential to be the biggest grammar Nazi here; however, I'd rather not be. I will do it to Sonict's post, though, simply so I can show you all that I have the ability. I have found three minor errors. One really has to search for the bolded text, though. ^_^

Kaysakado said:
I thought putting commas before "so" was optional.

Nope. So is a conjunction just like "and", "or", and "but". Remember, FANBOYS:

For
And
Nor
But
Or
Yet
So

...are all of the conjunctions. You have to love mnemonic devices!

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
I have the potential to be the biggest grammar Nazi here; however, I'd rather not be. I will do it to Sonict's post, though, simply so I can show you all that I have the ability. I have found three minor errors. One really has to search for the bolded text, though. ^_^

Anyway, SRB2WikiSonicMaster, I too have that same potential, if not more; I don't see it to be something worthy of pride. Having accomplished grammar, punctuation, capitalization, usage, and the like is a great feat that you should not take in vain, but nonetheless should not be presented in a pompous manner as it deters from the true person writing the actual words with which are written with said English skills. Do you honestly believe it to be a quality that can really be used to the fullest extent at a place like this? It's highly unlikely; everyone makes an occasional error sometimes. There is no need for all of this self-congratulatory prattle. It only depicts foolishness rather than pristine abilities.

I wonder. Say, SRB2WikiSonicMaster, is there any particular reason you ignored my post? I happen to be noticing many other people ignoring them as well, for no reason whatsoever. It seems to be composed of mostly the #srb2fun crowd...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back