• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Ember Ashes Alpha Wad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also as I found out, being high res actually causes the "shrink" game mechanic to break. I found this out when trying Ember out in Egg Rock Zone. The sprites bigger than 70 pixels will not actually shrink, and when you go back to "grow" again the game will crash. Uh. Is there any way at all to fix this/get around this other than to not go with high res?

I don't think there IS any way to stop this from happening. I don't know what you can do now...

I don't think there IS any way to stop this from happening. I don't know what you can do now...

This is really disheartening because I was really looking forward to doing the High-Res sprites for the character wad. It's a really big shame that it ends up not working due to a small game mechanic in Egg Rock Zone :/

This is really disheartening because I was really looking forward to doing the High-Res sprites for the character wad. It's a really big shame that it ends up not working due to a small game mechanic in Egg Rock Zone :/

Maybe it might be fixed in 2.1, or maybe there's a way to use lua to work around it...
EDIT: Either that, or maybe you can resize the HD sprites yourself and not use hi-res...I don't know if that would work though...It might look bad.

Scale with high-resolution sprites has been fixed in 2.1. I personally like the sprites you're making, and hope you don't give up on it just because it behaves wonky with a gimmick in a single stage in the current version.

Scale with high-resolution sprites has been fixed in 2.1. I personally like the sprites you're making, and hope you don't give up on it just because it behaves wonky with a gimmick in a single stage in the current version.

Oh that's fixed? Well that's good! I'm hoping to spend a good chunk of time on these sprites and make it really well. I planned on making one a day if I could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back