• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SADX Remake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already posted a YouTube comment on one of your videos, so I'm just going to quote that.

This (as well as your Emerald Coast) look, lacking at best. They don't look very detailed and are ports, which are very discouraged in the SRB2 community. You can keep going on like this, but most people think ports are not as good as the original game and don't provide anything new.

What you should do is take only the original themes from the game and make a original level from it. Those please a lot more people.

I already posted a YouTube comment on one of your videos, so I'm just going to quote that.
So what you are saying is that my ports suck and I should be more original?
Edit: Sorry I was really tired when I posted this. I'v been pulling a lot of all nighters.

Last edited:
So what you are saying is that my ports suck and I should be more original?
No your getting the wrong message, he is telling you to try and make the gameplay not resemble too much of SADX. As I told you before:
TSDude from SRB2 Skybase said:
@Nick: Be careful, recreating modern mods with srb2 does not always work as there are many limitations and most mods like this end up failing.
It would be best if you tried to make the srb2 gameplay more relevant and seen instead of making artificial elements from another gameplay that looks bad in srb2 itself.
Yes you should be more original, try creating your own new gimmicks or making some new textures.

Emerald Video Review (Note: I can't view videos but I can highlight the video length to see short bits):
-The game looks bland as there are no enemies.
-I don't see some of the textures from SADX, and if you do bring those textures in the game make sure that they fit the srb2 palette.
-The whole area looks really empty.

Last edited:
No your getting the wrong message, he is telling you to try and make the gameplay not resemble too much of SADX. As I told you before:

It would be best if you tried to make the srb2 gameplay more relevant and seen instead of making artificial elements from another gameplay that looks bad in srb2 itself.
Yes you should be more original, try creating your own new gimmicks or making some new textures.

Emerald Video Review (Note: I can't view videos but I can highlight the video length to see short bits):
-The game looks bland as there are no enemies.
-I don't see some of the textures from SADX, and if you do bring those textures in the game make sure that they fit the srb2 palette.
-The whole area looks really empty.

Ok i'll modify the designs of the sadx levels. For levels such as Red Mountain i'll start from scratch with a custom design that will remind you of the original.

Edit: I know how to make the whale work:D

Last edited:
I'v been pulling a lot of all nighters.
I don't see why you should "pull some all-night-ers" just for a mod, would it not affect the way you think. Therefore affecting the way you map, soc, etc. A healthy sleep helps a healthy mind. (Then again, I end up going to bed past 12:00pm a lot so...)

I don't see why you should "pull some all-night-ers" just for a mod, would it not affect the way you think. Therefore affecting the way you map, soc, etc. A healthy sleep helps a healthy mind. (Then again, I end up going to bed past 12:00pm a lot so...)

Me pulling all-night-ers goes beyond me working on this mod. The all-night-ers are driven by school work, this project(Sometimes other mods that I plan on releasing some day), and flees that insist on gnawing on my ankles.

What you're doing isn't going to work.

SA's levels do not, to any capacity, work in SRB2's engine. All the loops, ramps, curves, etc in the stages absolutely can not be replicated in SRB2. The levels are also massive on such a scale that SRB2 can't render them properly. Even if it could, the stages would look absolutely ugly in SRB2 as it stands.

I really advise you to do something more unique and original than recreating a mediocre game in SRB2's engine. It doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back