Opinions on Sonic Team's level design in each game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jazz said:
The controls felt awkward because this game for whatever reason changed around the fundamental way Sonic spindashes. Not sure why they changed something that never needed to be fixed. Play Sonic 2 then play Sonic CD, you should notice the difference.

The only real difference is that the thing revs up for you (although you can't release half-way - but there isn't that much point to it).

I beat the entire game without ever using this "Time Travel" mechanic intentionally.

Good job, you missed about half the game.

It did nothing perceivable to me other than change the graphics around somewhat.

Actually, there are a few noticeable differences. While I typically just go to the Past to destroy the robot transport, the Future also offers a few surprises, such as extra lives. Between different timezones, you can find that different paths will open and close up. While I do agree that there isn't a whole lot of point, it's great for the exploration aspect of the game. And really, more games need to have this kind of exploration.

As far as the level design went, it was awkward to ever find enough room to run far enough at the correct speed to ever intentionally engage in time travel.

If you look around you can find good locations to time travel in. Sometimes you have the double-sided spring contraptions (and when you time travel, one end might open up in the Past, sending you upward). Even in Metallic Madness, there are some runways that you can use (provided that you are skilled enough).

The changed spindash mechanic made awkward jumps more awkward

Why would you use the spindash for intricate platforming anyway?

and the billions of springs and small platforms made me feel like I was bouncing through the levels more than I was running.

It's nice to have some unpredictability here and there.

Boss fights were generally simple and uninteresting.

On the contrary, Sonic CD had some of the most creative boss fights I've ever seen in a video game. Period. Most games try to satisfy the cliche that all bosses must be rinse-and-repeat or "shoot it until it's dead". That's boring and predictable. Just look at all the bosses in Sonic 2. Almost every single one of them has the exact same "hit it eight times until it's dead" tactic, and the only difference is an alteration in the movement pattern and attack method. They simply fail to stand out as providing a unique experience. What Sonic CD does is it challenges conventional boss progression by actually deviating with the boss designs. A boss where you must breathe in different bubbles to land the final hit on the doctor, or a boss where you must keep the conveyor running in order to damage the machine. And don't even dare trying to deny the gnarliness of the Metal Sonic race. That thing was simply too cool for words. No other game that I know of even attempts to use these creative methods. And don't bother with "look for the enemy's weakpoint" - that's overused and blatantly obvious.

FoxBlitzz said:
The only real difference is that the thing revs up for you (although you can't release half-way - but there isn't that much point to it).

The physics system may have been pretty different. Sonic 2 and Sonic CD both went different directions from Sonic 1, one being more speed oriented and the other being a little bit more strategic (with the exception of Stardust Speedway).

I will admit that the Time Travel gimmick bothered me a bit because I had an awful lot of trouble maintaining the necessary momentum long enough. I think more of the challenge should have gone into properly exploring each era of the zone rather than successfully travelling. Also I noticed the obstacles to be harder to cross in the future and in the past all of the badniks are faster. By destroying the robot machine you can change the future era's object layout entirely making it more rewarding (though admittedly the badniks were pretty useless in future because they had been crippled by ages of deterioration.

and the billions of springs and small platforms made me feel like I was bouncing through the levels more than I was running.

As far as I can tell, this would only be a concern in Collision Chaos and Wacky Workbench. Wacky Workbench however is more of a twist on the usual platform-over-hazard where the hazard instead launches you much higher. I didn't care for Collision Chaos much, but bouncing around was pretty much the central gimmick. Other levels were quite different, Metallic Madness and Tidal Tempest both requiring far more deliberate platforming while Stardust Speedway took the speedster aspect of Star Light Zone to the next level.

Regarding the boss fights, my main complaint was that they were too easy. More often than not I thought they were pretty cool. Metallic Madness's boss was pathetic though, considering that it required nothing but temp-invinc abuse to defeat and had no second form or anything. It would have been awesome if it used the foreground/background gimmick to help take out a larger robot.

JEV3 said:
Metallic Madness's boss was pathetic though, considering that it required nothing but temp-invinc abuse to defeat and had no second form or anything.

Yeah, I'll admit that the spinning fan boss was pretty stupid, though the rest of the bosses have some neat concepts.

Ok, stop denying everyones quote that they are wrong and stuff. Its their opinion so deal with it. So here is mine.

Sonic 1: Classic but, slow compared to the following games. The level design had platforming but not a lot. 8/10

Sonic 2: They fixed every problem in Sonic 1 plus they added the so useful spindash to make you go faster than usual. The platforming and cosmetic elements were really cool it made the game funner and challenging. 9/10

Sonic 3 & K: New Graphics. New Special Stages. New Stages. It was an adventure of the lifetime. The platforming and cosmetic elements were superior to Sonic 1 and 2. And the fact that you can play as Knuckles made a whole new variety to the game. 10/10

Sonic CD: Weird name but it fits the spindash took a while to get used to if you played Sonic 2. The level design was EPIC. The fact that it switches to the overhead mode in the first level in that slope thing was really new. The time warp made the game longer and better. Sonic was faster and the bosses were cool. 10/10

Sonic Adventure: Super good controls. It redefined Sonic The Hedgehog. The level design was cool all the details and things. You could play as differant characters with added a whole new variety to it. The game had some glitches and the Adventure stages were too small. (I really liked exploring those things!) The game was kinda short in my opinion but it was a fun game.The chao system was really fun to raise you own chao and made use to the rings you have and the animals. 9/10

Sonic Adventure 2: They did the exact same thing with Sonic 2. They fixed every problem that the past games had. Cool controls, more characters. Awesome story. The multilplayer was OK but the levels were short. Playing as different characters were cool too. I thought the Kart Racing was completely terrible and unnecessary. The controls were hard to control and turning was a pain. Just use the Crazy Taxi engine SEGA! The chao system was improved. It had more transformations and unlockables. 10/10

Sonic Heroes: I really like this game. Level design was cool actually! My favorite level is the future level. The team gimmick was ok but it was kinda stupid. The game had 2 storys actually. It continued where SA2 left off and what happened after Metal Sonic after Sonic CD. It was really cool to see Metal Sonic again. Though the game was short and the multiplayer. Again the kart racing was stupid and unnessesary. Too clunky and hard to control but it was better than SA2. 8/10

Shadow The Hedgehog: I hate this game. The level design was boring no platforming. Shadow was too fast in the game and the characters were annoying if you know what I mean. The guns were useful but weren't really necessary. The vehicles were completely unnecessary why would you ride a car if you are already too fast? The unlockables were cool and the story left off after SA2 or Heroes? 5/10

Sonic The Hedgehog: Bad Story. Bad Voice. Bad Controls. OK level design. The graphics were cool but, that's what SEGA mostly paid attention on. The store was not finished you were able to unlock Songs and characters. Everything was not finished you can tell because in that one mission with the cars with Shadow tells you that there were cars in the New City. 4/10

Go ahead quote everything I say and not respect my optinion/

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
Sonic 1: Challenging, but too slow.
Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Sonic Team's best. The levels are nice and large. Of course, Carnival Night Zone Act 2 isn't exactly...straightforward.
Sonic Heroes: Quite fun. The whole play-as-three-characters is quite cool, and it makes gimmicks like frequent mini-bosses not that annoying. It IS overused, though.
Sonic Advance: The best of the Advance series. Egg Rocket Zone is too long, and has frequent cheap hits/deaths, though. I would have REALLY liked X-Zone to actually be a zone.
Sonic Advance 2: WAY too much emphasis on running. Hot Crater Zone Act 2 is REALLY abusive on running. The method of getting to the special stage was so annoying, and the seventh special stage is really hard.
Sonic Advance 3: Quite fun, but the tag action thing makes certain things too easy. The zone maps give actual challenges; that's really neat.
S1:Right...I never got trough Labytynth Zone 3...When i got to da boss...I died.
1/10:Epic Fail
S2:Seriously...Sonic Team makes the thing harder each time...I didn't got trough Chemical Plant Zone(Forgot act).
S3AK:I haven't played Sonic 3 and Knuckles...But i like the idea of Super Emeralds...I just completed Sonic 3...The barrels at Carnival Night Zone were freaking fail. I didn't liked the idea of each act a boss fight. I liked the levels...The only thing i didn't liked is the Big Ring Placement and the Special Stages. Why?To get to the big rings it was a maze...And the special Stages were so hard...Meanwhile the music speeds up...You speed up...Making it harder to get the blue balls.
5/10:Medium
Sonic Heroes:Yeah...Same...Well...There aren't many bosses at the game...Metal Overlord was Pwnsome!And hard to beat...
9/10:Great
Sonic Advance 1:Yeah...Egg Rocket Zone was annoying for that countdown...The Special Stages were a little hard and the Big Springs(Wow...I discovered a Sonic 3 ripoff...Big ring = Big Spring)were a little hard to find.
8/10:Good.
Sonic Advance 2:This one sucked to me...The things to go to the Special Stages were freaking hard to find...This overused the bosses...But you can play with a new character...Cream!
7/10:Regular
Sonic Advance 3:I haven't fighted the Extra boss on this game because i need a chao in Act 2 of the Final Zone...It is a bit hard to get Emeralds...
8:10/Good.

Wow. I forgot about Sonic CD. I never could get past Stardust Speedway Zone Act 3, so, this is all of what I can say:

- Music's great. I haven't heard the entire Japanese soundtrack, but it's pretty good, too.
- Time traveling was indeed way hard to pull off, and sometimes, I ended up traveling in time when I DIDN'T want to.
- The UFOs were awkward to hit in Special Stages because it faked 3D the same way Lotus Turbo Challenge did.
- The first boss felt like some sort of joke. The Tidal Tempest boss allowed you to get in like six or seven hits before you actually get to the arena, allowing for defeat after a few seconds of fighting him correctly. What a shame, because that was a pretty cool boss. Spawning air bubbles FTW!
- Getting a good future was just insanely difficult.
- I wish there was a good reason to actually use Super Peel-Out, it was pretty neat.
- I love how some stages had multiple exits.

Superusuario, you say Sonic 2 fails because it's hard? Having beaten Sonic 2, I can safely say that Magma Core Zone is harder than almost every single Sonic 2 level, and you gave that level a 10/10.

Superusuario said:
S1:Right...I never got trough Labytynth Zone 3...When i got to da boss...I died.
S2:Seriously...Sonic Team makes the thing harder each time...I didn't got trough Chemical Plant Zone(Forgot act).

Rating a game as an instant 1 just because you're not skilled enough to beat the game proves to me that you still don't know how to rate or review things. Besides, if you can't get through Chemical Plant Zone, then something's wrong. You should at least be able to get to Hill Top Zone; otherwise, all I can guess is just that you're really bad at the game.

As a side note, "fail" was witty years ago.

- The UFOs were awkward to hit in Special Stages because it faked 3D the same way Lotus Turbo Challenge did.
You'd think that the SegaCD would be capable enough to have a nicer scaling effect for the UFOs, but this doesn't seem to be the case for this game.

- The first boss felt like some sort of joke.
Believe it or not, that boss actually made me cry back when I was six. I hated the darn thing.

The Tidal Tempest boss allowed you to get in like six or seven hits before you actually get to the arena, allowing for defeat after a few seconds of fighting him correctly.
The "eight hits" rule does not apply to Sonic CD. I have already stated this. Eggman's movement through the endless corridor is not really part of the boss. It's just how the level is structured. The boss is when he goes underwater and uses the bubble shield. The bubbles are his health, as your chances of landing a hit on Eggman increase after each one you grab. The number of times you hit him in the corridor does not have any effect on how the boss actually plays out. Just watch the TAS video and you'll see what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aNyRuFpZsI (Fast-forward to 5:50)
- Getting a good future was just insanely difficult.
Not exactly, it's just a matter of finding the robot transport (although this becomes more difficult later in the game, so get those Time Stones).

- I wish there was a good reason to actually use Super Peel-Out, it was pretty neat.
Well, it's used in the TAS video to glitch through walls. Not terribly useful but it's there.

Superusuario, you say Sonic 2 fails because it's hard? Having beaten Sonic 2, I can safely say that Magma Core Zone is harder than almost every single Sonic 2 level, and you gave that level a 10/10.
Meh...I can beat almost every SRB2 level other persons make. I cheated to get the Emeralds in Sonic 3...I saved and if i lost... i got back from that point. I didn't knew that when i played Sonic 2.
Blue Warrior said:
Superusuario said:
Rating a game as an instant 1 just because you're not skilled enough to beat the game proves to me that you still don't know how to rate or review things. Besides, if you can't get through Chemical Plant Zone, then something's wrong. You should at least be able to get to Hill Top Zone; otherwise, all I can guess is just that you're really bad at the game.
Guess what?You're right...I'll just play again on my Xbox Emulator.(Umm...Is there a problem if i do that?)

Sonic 1:Awful Bland, slow, short.
Sonic 2:Read above
Sonic 3: Mediocore for the first few zones, a bit too short too.
S&K: Much better, gameplay and difficulty wise.
SCD: So slow.
S3D: Alright, but a bit bland and cramped.
SA:Solid, besiders a few levels.
SA2: Besides City Escape, Crazy Gadget, every shooting level besides, Weapons bed, the sand levels, and Lost Colony, and the whole hunting levels sucked.
Tails' Adventure: YES, YES, YES
360: Impressed, actually, despite it's slowness. Blaze was insane.
Heroes: Solid
Shadow: Above average.

I'm some fan.
And US, learn to critisize right. ONE FLAW doesn't severly drop the score.

Time Travel and the NSZ2 main gimmick seem to be quite related. However, yeah, Time Travel should actually make the game harder/funner/something, too; you're right, Jazz.

Sonic 1 ok but you need to be able to spindash
6.5/10
Sonic 2 better I actulay had the paticnce to beat this one unlike 1 and 3
8/10
Sonic 3 took to long Like the Idea of save system
7.5/10
Sonic And Knuckles pretty good like some desighnes
8.5/10
Sonic CD awsome love to time travel and who dosen't Love that hippe song Sonic Boom. 9/10
Knuckles Chatiox love the 2 charcters my favorits are Mighty and Heavy
9.9/10
Sonic R good to short but first game you get o play as Eggman
25/10
Sonic Adventure Love this Though I lost my copy For GC loking for anthor
30/10
Sonic Adventure 2 good game play but why not give Shadow,Rouge,EGGMAN some diffrent game play then Sonic,Knuckles,and Tails
9/10(also love chaos Shold bring them back)
more later

This is why we can't have nice things

STHE123O said:
I think that the best games are:
-Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 (next gen)
-Sonic Heroes
-Sonic Adventure 2
-Sonic Adventure

Obvious Troll is...

He's not a troll, he's just a pre-teen that doesn't know what he's talking about.

Blue Warrior said:
Superusuario said:

As a side note, "fail" was witty years ago.

While I agree his scoring is absurd. He does raise a valid point with Chemical Zone. The whole rising liquid thing with no water bubbles and a lot of potential to end up in a bottomless pit is way to hard for Zone 2 Act 2.

My scoring by general rating followed by order of preference:

Excellent level design (A):
S&K: Every single level just as good as or better than sonic 3.
S3: Beautiful, varied, fast; lots of secrets that don't scream obvious but still manage to fall in your lap.

Great(B):
S2: Some good some worse than S1, by the time I got to the end I felt that I could have done without some, but nothing I'd fail the game for, and many of the levels shine.
S1: mario doesn't need spin dash and neither do I in a sonic game. The controls are tight, its full of loops and springs, and nearly every level in this game features paths that feel entirely different even though their right on top of each other.

The only reason I score these lower rank these lower than the S3&K combo is that 2 always sticks me up at a lot of portions that strike me as a little unfair, and 1 has the horribly bland star light zone (nothing is less fun than waiting for a platform to slowly slide close enough to jump onto, while a ballerina music box slowly grates away in the background. Except, of course, falling into a bottomless pit and having to do it again.)

Good level design(C):
Scd: Some are awesome, others are sub Sonic 1, but playable. Three color palletes doesn't win any points with me. Removing all the enemies in the level is idiotic too, drop this to D if you bother to do that.

Win Some Lose Most (D)
Sonic Adventure 2: A couple fun levels, a lot of slow plodding crap.

(F)ail (it may not be witty but it still applies):
Sonic Adventure DX
Sonic 3d blast.

Sonic Adventure almost passed just for having the whale, then I remember the pinball "action stage" and the entire rest of the game, and to think Sega gave up Sonic X-treme and developed those levels.

As for the troll bit: give him the benefit of the doubt.

And for the record: I feel like the only one who notice that this thread is about rating the level design not how you feel about the entire game.

As this topic has been revived, I will state my opinions of the games.

Sonic 1: Colourful and can sometimes be addictive. When I was younger, I used to play this for ages. The gameplay is solid, the music is nice, and the colourful graphics gives you a good retro experience (well for me it did) the only annoying thing is it was a bit short, and Marble Zone's level design was a bit annoying. Sonic is about speed, not platforming to the point where hardly any speed comes into play. Also Scrap Brain Zone act 3 was annoying to complete.

Rating: 7/10

Sonic 2: Not bad, but I've played better. Sonic 2 just tends to be based on speed most of the time, but not to the extent to Sonic Advance 2's it had nice levels, ok music, the gameplay was alright. The things which wern't good was the fact Tails was useless unless you are playing 1P with a friend, or in multiplayer, and the boss fights wern't much of a challenge until Wing Fortress Zone. At least 1/2 of the game wasn't that challenging at all. Although the scenery is nice.

Sonic CD: Amazing, I loved this game when I got it on Sonic Gems Collection, an just couldnn't stop playing it. The music was awesome, the gameplay was nic withthe time travel, and the colourful backgrounds were just classic. It also actually given players different challenges for a change, particularly the instead of hit the boss 8 times till it's scrap heap, as FoxBlitzz saiid, there are different boss challenges that the player has to think of a different trategy to beat them, except the final boss was stupid. Other from that, it was a nice game worth playing.

Rating: 8/10

Sonic 3 & Knuckles: The best classic around, hands down. This game was when Sonic showed his best. The levels were very nice, the colourful backgrounds & graphics were nice, and the gameplay was solid. There's over 20 levels, 3 characters, and 14 emeralds, there is a lot to do in the single player mode. My only dislikes were Super Tails was overpowered, infact I'd say he's a bit more overpowered than Hyper Sonic in some ways even though he was immensely powerful. Also the bosses were a bit of a letdown until the later bosses from Death Egg Act 1 onwards as it goes back to the 8 hit until dead with the exception of Lava Reef's main boss.

Rating: 8.5/10

Sonic 3D Flickies Island: This one was ok, but I didn't enjoy this one in places. The level design was firly cramped in certain parts of the game, bland, and just didn't look like it had life due t it's blandness. The special stages & bosses were also cheap particularly Panic Puppet's boss, and Special stage 6 and last ones. Overall, it was fairly average.

Rating: 6/10

Sonic Spinball: An unique way of playing pinball, the pinball stages were nice, the gimmicks were pretty cool, and it was just another averge fun pinball game with a few different things. Thing that was a bit suckage was Sonic's control in the air, and on the ground as he is slow as a snail. Only his spindash made him fast.

Rating: 6.5/10

Sonic Adventure DX: A very good 3D Sonic game, the gameplay & the graphics were very good. Would be nice if it had more speed though, as it had a bit more platforming in the game. Another annoying thing was the repetitiveness in the charatcer's storie's although certain stories had a purpose to either the characters goal, or a purpose to the game itself.

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle: This one was another good game, the gameplay was fun, the graphics I'd say wern't as good as SADX's but they wern't too bad. Multiplayer was cheap & boring, and the game was a bit repetitive. They need Tails out that mech like in SADX, Eggman would of been awesome out of a mech.

Sonic Advance: Based off the classics, this was actually the most fun. It kind of based off Sonic 2, with the exception of more platforming which made it a bit more fun than S2 itself. Egg rocket was a bit cheap with the death pits, and the annoying level design.

Sonic Advance 2: Oh dear, what's happening here, this game is just an advertisement of Sonic Rush all the way. It badly lacked in platforming, and it was a speed fest. Hot Crater & Egg Utopia are 2 good examples. Also the special stage system was cheap ring collecting wise, and the difficulty in the special stages were ridiculous. Although in some aspects, a few bits of gameplay were ok.

Rating: 4/10

Sonci Advance 3: Not bad, but again, I've played better. Whilst it has Sonic Advance 2's speed, it has Sonic Advance 1's platforming which is not a bad combo. The level designs were actually a decent challenge from Advance 2, and the team feature was nice, although it could be better. Another averge Sonic game.

Sonic Next Gen: This would of been good, but it's the engine is what mostly has screwed this game up completely. The level design was bad, the camera is fail in some parts, partcularly trying to turn around at a certain part of a level, and Silver was stupidly cheap in multiplayer mode. The only 2 good bits were Music & Grahpics. I could go on for ages, but I'll do that another time.

Rating: 4/10

Sonic Unleashed: Actaully pretty good comeback considoring the recent crappy titles. The day time stages were incredibly fun to play in. Also, the graphics were nice, the music wasn't too bad, but the werehog ruined the majority of the game. It should only be daytime stages, and not beat the crap out of weird things, and the game would be perfect. Also, it suffers a bit of Sonic Rush with the speed boosts. The power should ton down just a small bit. The 2D to 3D & back was a very nice feature however.

Sonic Chronicles: Not bad for a first Sonic RPG, the battles were neat, the story was actually pretty decent for a change, and the the character talking in the speech bubbles were nice, because it felt like I can direct the whole scene here, and find different reactions with different characters, some stupid, and some quite humerous. The only drawbacks were the sound was very high, it killed my ears, and the music was horrible except diamond dust remix. If the sequel does go ahead, they better have better music next time round.

Rating: 7.5/10

More to come

Hyperknux said:
Sonic 1: Marble Zone's level design was a bit annoying. Sonic is about speed, not platforming to the point where hardly any speed comes into play. Also Scrap Brain Zone act 3 was annoying to complete.

Dude, Sonic 1 defined Sonic, so saying its Sonic is not about something that is all of Zone 2 in Sonic 1 is just silly.

That said, it does give you the feeling that your trapped in waiting. Still, I like the colors and the music, and I think the platforming is at least somewhat interesting. Not to mention, its not horribly unforgiving like Starry Night (I hate starry night). If anything I'd say Mable Zone is good, but the acts could use to have some of the fat trimmed down.

Scrap Brain 3 is rough, I'll admit, but it's the last actual level the game throws at you before the boss, so shouldn't it be that hard?

JiMinitaur said:
Hyperknux said:
Sonic 1: Marble Zone's level design was a bit annoying. Sonic is about speed, not platforming to the point where hardly any speed comes into play. Also Scrap Brain Zone act 3 was annoying to complete.

Dude, Sonic 1 defined Sonic, so saying its Sonic is not about something that is all of Zone 2 in Sonic 1 is just silly.

That said, it does give you the feeling that your trapped in waiting. Still, I like the colors and the music, and I think the platforming is at least somewhat interesting. Not to mention, its not horribly unforgiving like Starry Night (I hate starry night). If anything I'd say Mable Zone is good, but the acts could use to have some of the fat trimmed down.

Scrap Brain 3 is rough, I'll admit, but it's the last actual level the game throws at you before the boss, so shouldn't it be that hard?

Dude, my opinion is my opinion. Back to about SCD & Jazz, I thought he did not play enough of it, I respect the fact he has opinions, just like I & you do. You go play Marble Zone, and see it for yourself. It is horribly cramped in parts, and lack of speed flow. And Zone 5 is Star Light, not starry night. And I was talking about the zone, not Sonic himself. Scrap Brain act 3 is annoying, and that's what I think about it, infact I'd say it has the same difficulty as Labyrinth Zone has, one of the most annoying Zones in the game.

Everyone here almost speaks about Mega Drive/Genesis, Dreamcast and so on, but what about Game Gear?

-Sonic 1 (GG): 8/10: This game was very nice: The graphics were great, the platforming was neat. The bosses also were fun to play. The only problem is that the controls were so slippy... The chaos emeralds aren't that hard to get, considering they aren't in a special stage

-Sonic 2 (GG): 6/10: THE ONLY Sonic game that has a VERY HARD difficulty, I tell you; even the 1st boss is as hard as hell. Thank god that the other bosses are less hard... The platforming stays the same as Sonic 1 though, as well as the way of getting the chaos emeralds, with the exception of the last one...

-Sonic Chaos: 7/10: Guess what? Now in Boss's acts, you can get rings to battle the boss, unfortunately the bosses are hard, hard, hard. This time those chaos emeralds are in specials stages that only Sonic can go if he gets 100 rings. Something good is that Tails is playable and Sonic has a new move, surprise, surprise... the Peel Out move!

-Sonic Triple Trouble: 8,5/10: The best Sonic Game Gear game you'll ever find: While it's pretty much like Sonic Chaos, some things have changed: This time, you must get 50 rings and brake the boxes with a chaos emerald in it, jump in the stars, reach the end of the special stage and surprise, surprise: Fang the Weasel is waiting for you, with a chaos emerald behind him, and both Sonic and Tails can get the chaos emeralds. In this game, there's a total of 14 bosses, so get ready to RAAAAAWK! Also Knuckles is in the game...as a boss. The controls are, like Sonic Chaos, good, and you'll see more platforming than speed, like in Sonic Chaos too.

And that's enough, for now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back