Christmas Haul 2012 - the annual "brag about your gifts" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

fickleheart

ms reflec beat stan
tumblr_mflid2PdYO1r4cvcco1_1280.png

That's what I got for Christmas. What'd you guys get for your annual December-or-thereabouts holiday of choice?

I appear to have misplaced my camera, so just have a list instead.

• Copious amounts of DOSH
  • A copy of '1001 comics to read before you die'
  • A copy of 'The book of human insects' by Osamu Tezuka
  • Two self-help books on writing, 'How not to write a novel' and 'How to write your first novel'
  • An urban dictionary day to day calender
  • Squid Girl season 1 DVD, time for moe blobs
  • Chocolate~
  • Clothes, including a rather cosy dressing gown
  • and cologne, now I too will have a classy and fabulous smell for all occasions

Due to the expensive item on this list, not many objects:

Wii U Deluxe
The Last Story
assorted manga

2 blind bag ponies, a hamper, Crystal empire MLP DVD, Season 1 MLP DVD set, pajama pants, and $50 USD in cash

$30, a nice and warm blanket, and some candy. Merry Christmas everyone!

I got:
R.C. helicopter
Five comic books
The force unleashed
Books
2 T-shirts
2 subway gift cards
Ear phones
Mario chess
And a lava lamp.

Last edited:
Nothing special. I just got clothes (meh), Borderlands 2, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, and $120 USD.

Last edited:
Mega Man'd it up with the first 4 Archie comics (although I am still waiting on the arrival of the fourth one since that has not been officially released yet) and the Mega Man Battle Network Official Complete Works. I also got Rhythm Thief for the 3DS and the book Wuthering Heights.

christmas.png

A 23-inch monitor and Guild Wars 2. I have a bunch of other tiny things, but this is the important haul.

First up, i got a 3DS as an early present, and for actual christmas, a watch, silly string gun (Oh no!), 180$, a trophy, an old CD player, atari cartridges, a sleep mask, and a calender. Tomorrow i'm going to get my big grand present, Game Maker Studio.

33eo1lg.jpg

Got a external hard-drive, a cool pair of shoes( courtesy of my bro) and the pair of jeans that my hard-drive is resting on.

I also got some money(which I'm about to use to get Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed)
Edit:
6f79c3.jpg

Limited edition AWWWWW YEEEEEA!

Speaking of which, that money was concealed in:
2wp6kw8.jpg
An allergy tablet box. Funny thing is I actually thought there were tablets in there and that this was somewhat of a joke gift. Definitely got a good laugh out of that!( courtesy of my clown of a Dad =P)

Ohh and those snapshots were taken with my new webcam(featuring a built-in mic).

Last edited:
Let's see...
-Playstation Network Card (so I can actually get something out of PS Store)

-3 Assassin's Creed books, Assassin's Creed 3, some T-shirts with Connor and Ezio's movable sculpture

-Sonic Generations, woohoo

-Some movies and a chessboard for LotR chess set

2qakbd2.jpg

Last edited:
Didn't get much for Christmas as some of it was early, but eh.
20121226_090246.jpg
A Dell 20" Flatscreen monitor.
20121226_090052.jpg
A glass-topped wooden cane because it seems I'm a old man apparently.

A $100 Gift Card for Walmart & $25 Cash for whatever place I wish to spend it at.

*Pre-chirstmas gifts, if it matters.*
Paper Mario Sticker Star
Pikmin 2 Wii

32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz RAM, a Zalman CNPS9900 MAX and a copious amount of teeth rotting sweets.

The RAM and Cooler was to finish my new rig, now running a rather nice i7 3770k on an ASUS Sabertooth, with 32gb RAM, a 128gb SSD all inside a Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition.

It loads Photoshop... in 5 seconds. o.o

All I got were three things, Super Smash Bros. Brawl and the Wii U (not sure if I want the Deluxe set or not) with Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed.

I got:
A tie.
A nice, blue plaid jacket.
Chocolate Truffles.
Wireless headphones.
A can of Monster
$150
And with the $150 I bought myself a year of Playstation plus, a cheap third-party ps3 controller, and a pack of triple AAA batteries. I know, that last one is real exciting.

*A nanoblock synthesizer (keyboard) model building set (already finished building this)
*Recycled card press-out japanese castle model (already finished building this as well)
*3 Puzzle books, 2 of which I've already wasted a day or two completing puzzles in
*Some stationaries, which'll definitely come in useful at least
*"Moustache Straws" set - Drinking straws with fake moustaches to use them with, lol
*Some other minor stuff you lot probably won't be interested to hear about
*...and the usual £200 I get from parents, plus some extra money from relatives I don't know that well

Let's see.. I've gotten a few things this Christmas, but I didn't ask for anything.
I don't have a camera but a horrible iPod camera, so it's better I just list it.

- Some girly clothing..
- Perfume of a brand I don't know
- Bunch of jewelry from relatives
- Loads of chocolate and cookies.. And cake
- A box with nothing in it
- Art books
- Sonic SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed (Bonus Edition) for the 360
- Shadow the Hedgehog on a motorcycle action figure
- Pignite Pokemon plushie
- Nibs for my pen tablet
- Boots stolen from Alice Margatroid
- $60 Canadian money
- Probably the biggest gift I got this year: Figma Touhou Project Marisa Kirisame action figure http://www.goodsmile.info/product/en/2796/figma+Marisa+Kirisame.html

Still waiting for it to come in the mail. I'm surprised anyone would gift me this though. The world can be full of kind people, it's just hard to find them these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back