how do i host on lan

greennick78sh

Mod dev of 7 years with no released mods
i would like to host on lan, preferable without port fowarding and without using Hamachi (ew) as i want to have a lan party without having to join a public server, (preferably) portfowarding, using hamachi, or playing splitscreen. is there anyway to do this? is it like source games where you just host a server than type a command into the console (saying that cause source engine is based on quake engine which is based on doom engine meaning some commands carry over) or is hosting a lan server really hard to do or impossible to do cause the play (LAN) option is no longer a thing?

you need to know your own ipv4 and share it with your friends, press ctrl+alt+del and click task manager, go to the performance tab and click wi-fi or ethernet and look for your ipv4 below, then host a srb2 server, and your friends input your ipv4 into their games
your ipv4 should look like this 192.168.X.XXX

Attachments

• Captura de tela 2021-01-09 143543.png
    Captura de tela 2021-01-09 143543.png
    60.9 KB · Views: 213
thank you very much for taking the time out of your day answer this question.

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

sadly the method mentioned above does not work, do i need to port forward?

if everyone is using the same router then you dont need to do the port forwarding thingy
are you having trouble getting your own ipv4?
your firewall is blocking the game?
does your game is up to date?
does the game allow new players to join?

strange, it works for me
try using "connect any" in console to automatically search and connect to a random SRB2 game, this command never worked for me so I guess it takes some time.
if it still does not work, good luck because I am out of ideas.

You could also do this. C:\Users\(USER)\SRB2 v2.2\srb2win.exe -config config-bot.cfg -connect localhost

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back