Resource icon

Half-Life Scientist Character Pack!

"Why must we wear these ridiculous ties?"

As a big Half-Life fan, I'm looking forward to trying these guys out.

tried this character before with nothing, but after using XMomentum, the game started LAGGING a lot, and it makes the game unplayable.
yes, I know perfectly well that this pack is not compatible with that mod, but seriously, do something to remove the extreme lag you get after pressing even a half jump/spin to do a stunt

tried this character before with nothing, but after using XMomentum, the game started LAGGING a lot, and it makes the game unplayable.
yes, I know perfectly well that this pack is not compatible with that mod, but seriously, do something to remove the extreme lag you get after pressing even a half jump/spin to do a stunt

It happens with any mod that causes character sprites to rotate. I assume it's because the renders are such high quality, so the game chugs while trying to redraw them each frame. I don't think there's anything that can be done about it aside from just not pairing it with those types of mods.

It happens with any mod that causes character sprites to rotate. I assume it's because the renders are such high quality, so the game chugs while trying to redraw them each frame. I don't think there's anything that can be done about it aside from just not pairing it with those types of mods.

I've noticed that once the game calculates the rotation for one sprite it doesn't have to do it again, this means it gets better over time.

Thank you all very much for your opinions, I'm glad you liked it.

I'm thinking about some improvements for the character's gameplay especially because sometimes it's complicated to overcome certain levels of the main campaign.

"Do you know who ate all the donuts?"

6lXROrH.png

"NO! Do you know if leptons are really compound particles!? Friggin' donuts..."

>104 fracunits tall
These guys are absolutely massive, makes Doomguy seem puny in comparison. Perhaps try scaling them down a little bit? Aside from that I'm having a blast with this character pack.

Excellent wad you got here. I just have one question, though...

....Do you know who ate all the donuts?

Don't fuck with the science team.
In all seriousness though, great mod, kinda wish there was a version where it used HLVRAI voice clips but that would be stretching it for anyone except coomer

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back