Contest Discussion Topic (2.0.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frozen Hillside Zone, act 1 has been entered. While it's not that long, I think it works well for a second zone.

Edit post, Go Advanced. There should be a checkbox somewhere to delete the post. If not, you can always just edit the post to request a delete. I'm sure they don't mind.

Halfway before I released the level in contest submissions, I needed one persion's opinion on the level to give me out pointers on what was wrong or what was missing in a beta test of Sparkling Icecap that's really specific, blunt, and hardcore on his reviews. And Kyasarin fitted the puzzle.

Oh, and between the level of ice and the forest level, it'll be a good fight.

As much as I know, there is another ice themed map Internet, and that's by Blade.

IE was talking about Kyasarin, not Spirit Crusher.

Anywho, Thompson that level looks great, and the FOFlake is a nice addition. KOTE, I can't wait to try out that level, you matched the theme well.

2d0z7ep.png

I guess I might as well show some stuff too, not that it's all to interesting.

Ok, I will announce this oficially.

I've had a single-player level in production (as I hinted at at some point last month) but I will not be able to finish it in time for the contest. I don't intend to throw a rush job together and finish the rest of it in two days. I'll be around to vote on these, and I'll enter the next contest.

These maps are looking pretty good. For once, I actually can't wait for this OLDC! :D

I was originally planning on finishing my CTF map "Electronic Base" for this contest too, but right now it's only about half way done, and the lack of inspiration really slowed down its progress.

I do have a little preview of its unfinished state though. Just keep in mind that only the weapon panels' placements have been put on, and nothing else:

srb20009-1.png

A view of the red team's base. That pile of rings you see at the bottom floor there were just put for testing purposes, and will be removed in the final level.

srb20010-1.png

Another view of red team's base.

srb20011.png

Same here.

srb20012.png

This is part of the middle section of the map, those tiny FOFs that the springs are standing on are obviously intangible.

srb20013.png

The very center of the map, with a tricky monitor bounce required to get the SRM.
Tips and advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:
These maps are looking pretty good. For once, I actually can't wait for this OLDC! :D

I was originally planning on finishing my CTF map "Electronic Base" for this contest too, but right now it's only about half way done, and the lack of inspiration really slowed down its progress.

I do have a little preview of its unfinished state though. Just keep in mind that only the weapon panels' placements have been put on, and nothing else:

srb20009-1.png

A view of the red team's base. That pile of rings you see at the bottom floor there were just put for testing purposes, and will be removed in the final level.

srb20010-1.png

Another view of red team's base.

srb20011.png

Same here.

srb20012.png

This is part of the middle section of the map, those tiny FOFs that the springs are standing on are obviously intangible.

srb20013.png

The very center of the map, with a tricky monitor bounce required to get the SRM.
Tips and advice would be appreciated.

The level is pretty cool, but try to add a ... how can I say ... challenge!
Example: option to change their size, add some lasers or a gimick that gravity shifts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back