Eddie LeBron Makes New Fanfilm

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so. This guy makes a Mega Man fan movie. It's not great, but it's an hour and a half long and things actually happen. Then, two years later, we get this. 20 minutes where pretty much nothing is resolved, aside from Sonic killing some robots. Thanks for wasting two years and twenty minutes of my life, Eddy. I mean, sure, it's good they got Urkel back, but they had him there for what, five minutes? Out of less than 20?

Well considering "Spec Film" was included into the title, it looks like they want to take this fan film further(?) Though on the other hand, the short length (17-20 minutes in two years?. . .uh oh) does provoke those who were anticipating this film for awhile, and only got an episode that may or may not be continued. I can't say I was satisfied with the ending, but I was impressed on how improved the visuals and animations were compared to the Megaman film, that and the acting.

All in all It was okay I suppose. . .

Spoilering for anyone who wants to witness the horror firsthand when they watch it:

1nzssi.jpg

Friendly reminder that someone thought that this was a good final render of a film.

That someone thought that that particular Sonic model, with those spike length "hairs," was worth putting into a final product.

That someone decided that it was perfectly okay to leave Sonic rendered with the lighting from that direction when the environment was showing the light coming for the opposite direction.

Honestly, the general design of the model doesn't even bug me that much, the shape of it is mostly fine and the fuzziness of the forehead area is actually kinda nice and endearing but good GOD those spike hairs.

This movie was ass, and the VA for Sonic has terrible delivery and sounds obscene and forced. Also, quill hairs.

I'll admit, this movie was pretty underwhelming. I'm glad that they got Jaleel White voicing Sonic, and the Sonic model they used at least looks like Sonic, quill hairs and all. However, the movie did get pretty boring and the pacing was slow (though the fact that it's a spec film may indicate that more is coming in the future).

Oh yeah, let's not forget

35bze3o.png

Eggman's almost nonexistent mustache. Sorry, it's a pet peeve of mine.

I admit from watching this, this movie was terrible. They could of done so much more. Plus, the render for Sonic was ugly. It looked like Sonic forgot to brush his hair before he left his humble home.

The Knuckles render however was spot on (for the back anyways) but the only thing they did wrong were his hands. Knuckles is not suppost to have finger hands. He is suppost to have mitten hands. That was the only rememberable from this movie. Also, this.

Eggman should've gotten the handlebar treatment.

Also, calling the planet 'mobius' feels kind of forced. There's people on it... it's earth.

I can't stand Jaleel White's Sonic anymore, honestly. Slowly developed that opinion after watching tons of AoStH on Toon Disney back in the early '00s; I had way too many "gotta speed, keed"s and "I'm waaaaaayeeeeeteeeeeeeeng"s, to the extent that I just have a general distaste for his Sonic overall.

Japanese Sonic OVA was the best voice, IMO. Ditto for Eggman. Sadly, Junpei is dead now. :(

Eh? I thought casting him as Sonic was one of the few good things the movie did, personally.

In my perspective, the voice didn't feel right for the Sonic in this movie. If it were the younger classic Sonic however, it would of felt more appropriate. It's like seeing a big muscular man and once you talk to him he has a voice of a five year old.

OK, so. This guy makes a Mega Man fan movie. It's not great, but it's an hour and a half long and things actually happen. Then, two years later, we get this. 20 minutes where pretty much nothing is resolved, aside from Sonic killing some robots. Thanks for wasting two years and twenty minutes of my life, Eddy. I mean, sure, it's good they got Urkel back, but they had him there for what, five minutes? Out of less than 20?

You know, I agree with this 100%

The megaman movie was ok. Nothing too special, but it at least had heart, and an actual plot. You could tell they tried.

The sonic film? ...20 minutes of nothing much at all. Yeah, the effects were nice for an indie film, but still...

Ugh...Waste of hype. Seriously.

If I recall correctly, than this was suppose to be just a demo of what's to come (a "spec film", as mentioned above in past posts), and depending on the amount of interest, I think that they were (and may still be), planning a full length film similar to the their Megaman movie that they previously completed. Although their films have their downfalls, I still believe that Blue Core Studios has a lot of potential with these. Keep in mind that Sega hasn't exactly been that successful with first attempts in the past either and it's taken them a lot of work to get to where they are now. Through trial and error, hopefully Blue Core Studios will release something that's a bit more entertaining and bit more of Sonic's fast pace; although, I still recommend those who didn't see it to still take a look despite all the negative reviews.

On a slightly different topic, I never noticed until after watching the film that Eggman's full name was (supposedly) "Julien Kintobor". What's ironic about this is that through the series, Eggman constantly refers to himself as Robotnik. For those who still haven't caught on yet, "Robotnik" is just "Kintobor", conveniently spelled backwards.

Last edited:
"Kintibar" backwards is Rabitnik. Dr. Robotnik is not a rabbit, Delta.

Anyway, yeah, this film really isn't much. Why did it take two years to make this? I don't know, probably just planning and stuff got in the way.

I guess I should have proof read what I typed after I posted as well. My spell check changed one of the occurrences of "Kintobor" to "Kintibar". Let me clarify:
"Robotnik" is just "Kintobor" spelled backwards and Kintobor is the correct spelling. I though I fixed this since but it seems my edits didn't save. Hopefully this time it works.

Good eye, thanks for catching that Tyler52.

Also, the reason the film took so long is likely because of it's heavy use of CGI and it being a fan film. It was low priority and had a low budget.

Last edited:
After some searching, I think I see what you mean Shadow Hog (http://stc.wikia.com/wiki/Kintobor_spelled_backwards_is...). I guess once again I've been caught stating the obvious. Anyway, I guess while I'm still on this topic, it seems he's occasionally referred to as Ivo outside of film in various series instead of Julian. "Ivo" spelled backwards is "ovi", which I think roughtly translates to mean egg in Latin. It appears Sega did similar things to this elsewhere too, but it would be redundant for me to list them here too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back