Porting an entire final demo mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

CentyLox

I stayed a bit , and i thinked about a little to porting the eggmanway 5 to the 2.1. The thing is i don't know how i can do this an i know even if i try to do that , will take me a lot of time and reediting the color pallets of all chars and everything. But i don't know from where to begin with. Soo i ask you , what i need to do and to know about modding to make this real :D . I'm doing this because Eggmanway 5 was one of my favorites mods from final demo.

Sent from my SM-G960F using ********

Ok, you definitely do not want to start modding by porting forward stuff from an older version of the game. Doing that requires a good knowledge of not only how things work now, but a good knowledge of how things worked for the version you're pointing from. I really suggest starting small. Make a few maps, learn the basics of how those work first, and work on improving your skillset there.

Also, mandatory mention that you need an author's permission to port forward an old version of a mod. We will not accept a release without that.

Ok, you definitely do not want to start modding by porting forward stuff from an older version of the game. Doing that requires a good knowledge of not only how things work now, but a good knowledge of how things worked for the version you're pointing from. I really suggest starting small. Make a few maps, learn the basics of how those work first, and work on improving your skillset there.

Also, mandatory mention that you need an author's permission to port forward an old version of a mod. We will not accept a release without that.
Ok , well i really don't know who is the owner of the mod , and i will try to play a little with Zone Builder and his mechanics for a while if this helps a bit , like u said . And i'll check a little another mods to find with what is a Boss created . I'm interested of how this will be :>.

There's no need to. Messiah(Ara?)'s ported Eggmanway5 to 2.1 a while ago alongside some other 1.09.4 mods. It just never got released on the MB since the original author disappeared and can't give permission.

Here.
Moderator Notice:
snip

Last edited by a moderator:
There's no need to. Messiah(Ara?)'s ported Eggmanway5 to 2.1 a while ago alongside some other 1.09.4 mods. It just never got released on the MB since the original author disappeared and can't give permission.

Here.
Moderator Notice:
snip
Woah [emoji173] thx a lot for this . I will take a look later. Again thank you :^

Last edited by a moderator:
So, this mistake is understandable since the only mention of it is in the "don't use editing as a way of avoiding releases" sticky, but giving external links to add ons is generally frowned upon, since that's often a subversion of the releases system. In this case, there's the additional issue that the original author did not give permission for that version or distribution of the file which we implicitly disallow in rule 14, so the link has been removed and should not be reposted.

I know that it's unfortunate when an author is unavailable to give permission, but a person's rights to their work are not waived by their absence. The permission requirement stands.

That said, you'll be let off with a warning for this time, Golden Shine.

CentyLox, rule 3 on the other hand is clear. You need to put more effort into using proper grammar.

The word "I" and its contractions are always capitalized. There is never a space between the last word in a sentence and its punctuation mark (or a word and the comma after, for that matter). Routine use of chat shorthand such as "u" and "thx" is explicitly forbidden. We're not asking you to be perfect, but you have to at least give an effort, and all three of these grammatical rules are incredibly simple to remember and follow. Use the preview and edit buttons as needed.

As an aside, the proper place for this thread was Editing Help, not SRB2 Discussion, so I've moved it here.

https://mb.srb2.org/rules.php
https://mb.srb2.org/announcement.php?f=64&a=30

The purpose of the thread has essentially been served at this point, so I'm going to be closing it. If either of you have any questions for me, feel free to follow up with a private message.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back