Clear screen can still trigger after map reload

Status
Not open for further replies.

fickleheart

ms reflec beat stan
Steps to reproduce: (one method)

• Bind the following: bind q "pause 0;wait 1;pause 1"; bind e "pause 0;wait 99;retry" (or something like that)
  • Enter the exit sector of any map (in a scenario where you can retry, obviously), while using the Q bind to advance frames to the exact frame when you hear the signspot spin
  • Use the E bind to unpause the game and trigger a retry exactly 99 frames later
  • If your game is running at full framerate (console waits seem finicky at lower framerates), you'll reload at the last starpost you touched/the beginning of the map, and then the clear screen will play out immediately after
The bug isn't specific to retries; loading a different/the same map works too, as long as it's triggered on the exact frame (or 1-2 frames before? it's definitely a one-frame window) that the clear screen would normally play out.

http://gfycat.com/IckyGiantLadybird

This isn't a huge issue since the worst you can do with it is get a few 0:00.00 record attack replays with a keyboard macro or something (or just amazing timing), but it should also be fairly simple to fix.

Last edited:
The binds are just a way to easily replicate the bug. It's still doable if you use the menu to retry or something, but unless you use a timed macro of some sort it probably isn't something you could do feasibly

Keep in mind that Record Attack retry also works differently, being more like completely ending the game and starting a new one rather than acting like you died, due to the need to save/reload ghost data and whatnot.

I also recall this bug happening when I was testing stuff alone using the Multiplayer level select, finishing a level and switching map manually at some point when the level finishes pops out the clear screen instantly when you start the next map, ending it instantly.

I couldn't tell when exactly it needs to be done as it requires a precise timing, but I was able to reproduce it multiple times (unwillingly) since 2.1 came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back