• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Shadow the hedgehog remake, Final Beta released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. Pepper, you never cease to amaze me. Your character designs are top notch.

I'm looking forward to this mod.

MIGHTY MAN said:
Actually he goes a bit faster than sonic like in SA2B.

This has been discussed MANY times, and the conclusion was Sonic and Shadow are the same exact speed. Go play Sa2 B, and press forward on both controllers at the same time. One will go in front of the other because you can't press forward at the EXACT same time, but they are in fact the same speed.

Oh thank goodness, a Shadow WAD that doesn't look like a cheap knockoff of Sonic. The current one looked like total crud in my opinion.

I was going to do this, but... You obviously are going to make better frames than me, Dr.Pepper. Great job, as always. :)

I hope to see great things from this!

Edit:

Blade T. Hedgehog said:
I say, NO running frames. Only use walking frames that look like skating. It would make it look alot better, I think.

Can you say: Next Gen?

Make his run frames skate
v Refrence, not actual sprites of this shadow. v
SHADQ1.png
SHADR1.png
SHADS1.png
SHADT1.png

I actually think this one is better. I don't know if the sprites on the first page are the current ones now (I didn't read the entire topic), but I think that the nose looks too big.

Thanks for posting those images here nitro, he will skate like that when running. You've already had a great impact on this WAD, it wouldn't be this good without your help.
I've been cleaning up the newest select pic some more, what do you guys think?
assist16_080314awk05-1.png

I've been doing other parts of the Shadow WAD before I draw the walking frames, (which will move like he does in Sonic Battle, btw) as Shadow isn't as easy for me to draw as other characters, so progress has been moving slower than dried syrup. No worries, though, I'll get faster at drawing Shadow as I have with other character WADs.
Here's some frames I've been working on...
SHADB1.png
SHADB2B8.png
SHADP4P6.png
SHADP5.png
SHAD1.png
THOKA0-1.png
lifeico.png
PRUPK0.png

So far, I've totaled up that I need to make exactly 85 more frames before Shadow(without his super form) can be playable. With almost 1/4 of the work already done, I'll (hopefully) have this WAD finished before Sonic Chronicles is released for sure!
Off-Topic:
shadpicc.png

*shoop'd and stabbed brutally, then thrown into tank of starving sharks*
Ok, I'm pretty much done with the HMS jokes, no more...

Looks great! Except the select pic. You just added some outline to him. Please redo the coloring so it isn't as cheap.

(THIS ONE)

Urmm... Dr Pepper, the bottom of your Shadow's shoes don't look right. Shadow's shoes are not meant to look like that. They're meant to be gold, with a few circles on them.

If what I'm saying isn't enough to help you, maybe I'll have to resort to making a picture of what the underside of Shadow's shoe looks like.

Dr.Pepper said:

Ok, that pic is 100% win. XD

On topic: Shadow's shoes are not the same as Sonic's, Dr.Pepper. They have jets on them, as in, they have a gold line down the middle of the shoe, and that line has holes in it for Shadow to use his skating.

P.S. I have idea for the boredom frame...

Re: Shadow the hedgehog remake, WIP

Dr.Pepper said:
Since my Blaze WAD topic got flooded...again, I'm directing all further discussion of the Shadow Remake here in this topic.
So far, almost 1/6 of the work is done. (If you exclude the super form) Thanks to zck2020 for the better shoes and nitro for fixing the eyes/spines/shoes.
SHAIA1-3.png
SHADA2A8-1.png
SHAIA3A7-3.png
SHAIA4A6-3.png
SHAIA5-3.png

Let's compare them to Donnyku's old Shadow. Yeah, big difference. :P
SHADA1.png
SHADA2A8.png
SHADA3A7.png
SHADA4A6.png
SHADA5.png

Moar Shadow stuff...
1-3.png

2.png

SHADO5-1.png
SHADP1-1.png
SHADP3P7.png
SHADP2P8.png

shadpic.png

SHADB1.png
SHADB2B8.png
SHADP4P6.png
SHADP5.png
SHAD1.png
THOKA0-1.png
lifeico.png
PRUPK0.png

Now discuss!
Too much shadow........

Because his thok trail is yellow! By the way Dr. Pepper, I am loving your spriting style, I try going for the same thing you do, and everything but the pupils, sonic's nose, and knuckles' shoes never turned out the way I planned for example,
72453511az8.png

Apparantly they are horrible according to many other people here, but you can tell I tried, and to everyone out there, feel free to take and or keep these sprites of mine.

That's not his thok trail, EM. That's his spin ball. o_O And if one has a spin trail of a certan color, I don't see the reason as to why the sprite of the character in a ball is that color.

Woo-Hoo! It's been two whole pages since I last posted! It's a new record!

Now that that moment of randomness is over, I would have to say it's looking really promising.

Also, on the subject of looking promising:

EMPEROR METALLIX said:
Because his thok trail is yellow! By the way Dr. Pepper, I am loving your spriting style, I try going for the same thing you do, and everything but the pupils, sonic's nose, and knuckles' shoes never turned out the way I planned for example,
72453511az8.png

Apparantly they are horrible according to many other people here, but you can tell I tried, and to everyone out there, feel free to take and or keep these sprites of mine.

What are you talking about? They look better than the ones I had before my computer crashed. Yes, fate dealt me a very cruel blow. Now I have to collect all my srb2 stuff all over again. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back