Favorite and worst sonic game

Status
Not open for further replies.

flamer 907

Yeah i'm just asking if you guys could tell me you're favorite and worst sonic games.

my favorite= sonic unleashed (360) day stages.

my worst=sonic 06.

yeah i changed my fav, sonic 06 still sucks.

Great post.

Anyway, Sonic 2 and Sonic CD are both on par for best game in the series.

Sonic Blast for the GG/SMS is pretty much the worst in the series, in my opinion.

As for my absolute favorite, I'm having a hard time deciding between Sonic Rush, and Sonic 2.

The least enjoyable Sonic game I've played, is the GameGear version of Sonic 2. Tails was only playable through Debug codes, and the organization of the zone was somewhat screwed up. Green Hill Zone should have come first, not that stupidly frustrating mine cart zone. Those two things alone completely ruined the overall experience for me. :(

Fave(s) = Sonic CD, Sonic 2, Sonic Adventure (DX or not), Sonic Shuffle

Worst = Sonic Unleashed; Reason = LOLWEREHOG
Sonic Blast (GG); Reason = Wtf gameplay and GFX.
Sonic Drift; Reason = Why the hell are they in a car?
"And that's why Sonic Drift sucks. :D"

Favourite would be Sonic CD (J) tied with Sonic 3 & Knuckles. They both have vivid environments and amazing music. Sonic CD took the series in a different direction, with bosses that are more difficult to hit (but with a lower hit count) and time travel. Sonic 3 and Knuckles had about the same amount of ground one could cover, but laid it out in a linear fashion. It used a huge variety of themes, and three characters to play with. And both Sonic CD and S3&K used pseudo-3D special stages, where the objective was not to collect Rings, but to find and transform a number of objects. Blue spheres turned into red spheres (or Rings), and the flying UFOs turned into flaming wrecks.

... And the worst has to be Sonic Jam for the game.com. I think the reason it hasn't been mentioned yet is because people have repressed memories. It was buggy, had a terrible framerate, was hard to see due to the screen, and was an extremely poor rendition of the Genesis games it was based on.

My most favorite would probably have to be Sonic 2, since it has some of the best music and definitely some of the best level design. Right after that is Sonic 3&K, it has a lot of replay value with the save feature, character abilities, debug mode 'n' whatnot.

Least favorite? Eh.... probably a tie with Sonic Labyrinth and Sonic Drift. Sonic Labyrinth moved way too slowly, and Sonic Drift was just the same thing over and over again and I kept getting first every single time.

Thankfully, I've only played a number of modern games and therefore can't legitimately add Sonic '06 and the likes to my list.

*Raises hand*

Favourite= Sonic 1, Sonic Cd, Sonic Advance 2, 3 and Tails Adventure

(Sonic Unleashed too, but the PS2 hurt it, bad. Maybe it could be more fun in the 360/PS3)

Worst= SatBK (that story is pretty lousy, not only by the swords), Sonic Rivals, and SRB2(Heheh, Just Kidding ;)

Sonic 2 to 3 and Knuckles tied with Sonic Spinball for Genesis and Sonic Rush Adventure.

Sonic 2 and 3n'k had awesome co-op that me and my little bro had fun with, plus awesome music. I enjoyed Sonic Spinball because of the music and the bosses. I liked SRA because it was crazy fast and fun although not much platforming in itself, but it allowed me to race online, a thing I've been wanting to do for a long, long, time with Sonic since SA2/B.

But the worst has to be Sonic 06 and Sonic gba. It seems Sonic's 15th birthday was cursed.

Sonic 2 for the best, and Sonic Heroes for the worst (probably because I haven't played more recent games in the series)

I have to admit, Sonic Labyrinth was also pretty god-awful. I remember hating that as a child.

All Sonic Game Gear games just suck.

My favorite Sonic game is the Sonic Advance/Sonic Pinball Party dual pack on the GBA.

Favorites: Sonic 1(and K) Sonic 2(and K) Sonic 3(and K), SRB2, and SA(2).

Least favorites: Anything after Heroes, and gamegear versions of games. Oh, and sonic drift(2 was decent, DECENT, for it's time).

Dr.Pepper said:
The least enjoyable Sonic game I've played, is the GameGear version of Sonic 2. Tails was only playable through Debug codes, and the organization of the zone was somewhat screwed up. Green Hill Zone should have come first, not that stupidly frustrating mine cart zone. Those two things alone completely ruined the overall experience for me. :(
What about the gameplay?

Anyways, my favorite Sonic game is either Shadow The Hedgehog, Sonic 06, or Sonic Heroes. (SA and SA2 come close)
My least favorite Sonic game has to be Sonic CD, Sonic Rush Adventure, or Sonic Blast.

Favorites: Sonic CD, Sonic 3 and Sonic Rush/Adventure (all sidescrollers, apparently)

Least favorite: Sonic 2K6 and Shadow the Hedgehog.

My favorite game is tied between Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Sonic Advance 3. Sonic Advance 3 was probably a surprise choice for most of you, but it was perhaps the Sonic game I played the most before I really got interested in the series.

I was going to choose Sonic Pinball Party for least favorite, but actually it goes to Sonic Advance 2. I thought it focused a little too much on speed, and I hated Ice Paradise Zone. I felt that zone wasn't tested enough. I also remember playing Ultimate Flash Sonic (which I think might have been a remake of Sonic Advance 2), and it was this same zone I lost in that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back