A Big Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would the loops be implemented into the single player levels? One of the best places to put it in is the waterslide in DSZ2.

The loop is real, but a bit hacky - relying on gravflip to function. We just put it in the post for fun. The more important information conveyed in that link is that we've got wall transfers working, so that purple temple SUGOI level's quarter pipes are no longer suffering to play (if ported forward).

Also what are you talking about, of course Big is real. He's real and he's my friend.

The loop is real, but a bit hacky - relying on gravflip to function. We just put it in the post for fun. The more important information conveyed in that link is that we've got wall transfers working, so that purple temple SUGOI level's quarter pipes are no longer suffering to play (if ported forward).

So i guess loops are a new thing and a bug fix...

Also what are you talking about, of course Big is real. He's real and he's my friend.

Well in that case...

be8.png

救世主 Messiah;791117 said:
Will this new version have any new zones?
Since ACZ and RVZ will be complete.

Likely not. As well as finishing ACZ (no not RVZ, that's being saved for after 2.2), we've been improving or even remaking most of the existing levels in SRB2.

I've always hoped Amy was added as a 4th playable character, but Big's inclusion is not only an amazing choice, but also will add a new and much deeper layer into the story, with the dissapearence of froggy, this new story mode will surely make people tear up with such a revolutionary story.

But honestly I still hope that Amy is added as a 4th playable in the future, even if some might see it as a pipe dream. Also, loops. Loops. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. I just can't. People said it was impossible, but here we are. But, I'm guessing you can only really go through the loops like how was shown when rolling, as it would be very hard to make new frames for every single loop angle.

Considering that April Fools has ended, are we going to get a version of the post that contains all the true information? Then again, there is only one thing, other than Big, that really needs an answer on if its in 2.2 or not.

Are we getting Saph's Sonic 3 shields?

救世主 Messiah;791124 said:
allright! Hey Monster Will the meadow match change anything? Or have they decided to leave it the way it is?

The textures will get a visual update i assume, idk about level design

The top half of the loop has reverse gravity. The gif is real, but if you stopped moving half-way through, you'd be able to stand on the ceiling.

the sonic 06 style of gravity, nice to see stjr taking cues from the real sonic games

Are we getting Saph's Sonic 3 shields?

I'll note that if we were getting all three (which there's no evidence for as of current, but c'mon) they wouldn't be Saph's work. Their existence as unused constants in the code (partially completed and then dummied out during 2.1 development) was the whole reason he made them happen as an addon, so. At the very least, it makes mods using them easier to port forward.

The textures will get a visual update i assume, idk about level design

This is incorrect! I think I've said a few times that we are deliberately including the retro Greenflower textures, flats, and sky in order to ensure that map stays as dated as the day it was born, because I am evil and nobody can stop me. Muahahahaha, etc.

The top half of the loop has reverse gravity. The gif is real, but if you stopped moving half-way through, you'd be able to stand on the ceiling.

I thought about that too, I thought it's some kind of new effect you guys added which auto-flips player gravity again when they're not fast enough.

The loop that causes you to gravity flip halfway through is more like a couple of halfpipes glued together than anything. It's not going in the main game.

Last edited:
At this point, I'm satisfied knowing that quarter and half pipes will work correctly rather than trying to hack one together.

To be honest, the idea of slopes just seems like a gimmick to me. I see somewhat limited potential in slanted floors. What am I missing that everyone else is getting so hyped about?

it may just be slanted floors, but they add so much more to level design, and help greatly in letting players know there's a safe way down.

Plus they were a feature that were missing for about 20 years

Not to mention they where a big part (not so big but still) of Classic games and really helped speeding up the gameplay, which is what Sonic 4 failed at.

To be honest, the idea of slopes just seems like a gimmick to me. I see somewhat limited potential in slanted floors. What am I missing that everyone else is getting so hyped about?

Overall design wise and aesthetic wise, it brings so much more to the table than compared to flat surfaces. If you want some good examples on what I'm talking about, play through SUGOI or even mess around in Thokker for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back