2.2 Slope Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we just get info on the level design.

Okay, sure, It looks pretty awesome.

But what additions have been added for modding?

Edit: Looking at some of the screenshots, there are other graphical changes to note: for example, the new rings, the smoother spin trail, the trail behind robo-hoods arrows, tails new sprites, and the invincibility sparkles. I would like to see a gif of that DSZ waterfall, because it looks /gorgeous/.

Last edited:
So we just get info on the level design.

Okay, sure, It looks pretty awesome.

But what additions have been added for modding?

We are building a game, not an engine. So we will be showing off a game in newsposts, not an engine update.

Looking at some of the screenshots, there are other graphical changes to note (...)invincibility sparkles. (...)

We didn't change those.

Last edited:
The invincibility sparkles and spin trail are the same sprites as in 2.1, although the trail has a new vertical offset to be more centered on the player (ala Sonic Heroes >:3c ).

Also, patience. We can't do a newspost on papersprites alone.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

That spintrail needs an update, but I'm pretty excited over every last other detail. Keep up the good work.

Are we getting new sprites for the more outdated enemies as well? (I'm looking at you Jetty-syns, you balls with eyes)

...Actually, on the modding front, could we get a screenshot of sonic's sprite names in SLADE or something? After all, we could stand to know what the new frame names are going be called, right?

I'm so excited! The update looks like it's gonna bring SRB2 into a much greater tier!

New visuals for GFZ, THZ, DSZ and CEZ... New level design... HORIZONTAL SPRINGS?! I am completely sold. Even more than I was before. I thought THZ2 was perfect before, but screw that! You guys took that and made it even better than ever. I can only dread to think what would happen if you were to modify the match stages. Anyways, please do keep up the work! I would play the crap outta this, when it releases!

also, have you guys edited the boss arenas?

Last edited:
One thing that didn't make it into the newspost: To those of you fretting about Meadow Match, don't worry. All of the old Greenflower textures, flats and flowers will continue to be in srb2.srb so it can look as old as the day it was born.

So, that's confirmation that Meadow Match hasn't been touched and won't be affected by any of the new updates?

Good to hear! I almost want Meadow Match to be a tribute to shitty old SRB2. It should use UglyKnux and everything.

Will it finally be possible to also make that annoying drowning music shut up?

Will it finally be possible to also make that annoying drowning music shut up?
Why not an open to turn the drowning music off and on?

Jesus Christ! I am in love of what you guys did so far, but a quick (and probably hilariously stupid and obvious) question, as we be already have a normal blue spring and getting horizontal versions of the springs, are we also expecting to get diagonal blue springs? Someone asked this before, but I don't think we got an answer. That, or I didn't see it.

Last edited:
Wow!! GZ2 and that THZ1 underground looks gorgeous, in fact every single zone showed in this update is beautiful. Slopes are really game changing both in gameplay and scenery. Really looking forward to their implentation in the rest of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back