This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

kurobutt

Here's my attempt at making the famous AE86 for SRB2 Kart!

Q4y3O2T.png

The AE86 is a heavy-weight/high-speed racer, obviously based on the real Toyota car of the same name (also featured in Initial D). The car's body changes color based on your selection. I couldn't find many consistent references (for example, I wasn't entirely sure how the rear lights are exactly supposed to look), so it might not be quite as accurate as I'd like it to in some aspects; but I'm still happy with how it turned out.

..Why did I do this, you may ask? Well, I think the AE86 is a neat car and I thought it'd be funny to see it in SRB2 Kart (especially with the drifting mechanic). Have fun; don't forget to step on the gas

Attachments

• kart0058.png
    kart0058.png
    200.5 KB · Views: 1,326
  • kart0058.png
    kart0058.png
    200.5 KB · Views: 1,004
  • kart0060.png
    kart0060.png
    285.1 KB · Views: 945
  • kart0060.png
    kart0060.png
    285.1 KB · Views: 851
  • kart0061.png
    kart0061.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 1,443
  • kart0061.png
    kart0061.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 1,134
  • KC_Trueno_v2.1.zip
    316.7 KB · Views: 1,663
  • KC_Trueno_v2.1.zip
    316.7 KB · Views: 1,489
  • kart0042.gif
    kart0042.gif
    3.5 MB · Views: 1,530
  • kart0042.gif
    kart0042.gif
    3.5 MB · Views: 1,454
Last edited:
I was really excited when I saw this pop up. "Finally, it sure took long enough!" But while it can go into releases, I still find myself disappointed. The lack of any notable sounds on the AE86 just *begs* for soundbytes taken straight from the eurobeat tunes we associate with it, there's no difference in the turning sprites like the front wheels changing angle, and the sideview sprites lack animation on the rims. The AE86 just ends up feeling unfinished as a result.

This one seems to be one of those that might be a little hard to play as without modifying the camera, however it doesn't seem anywhere near as bad as the Hornet Manual released awhile ago.

I was really excited when I saw this pop up. "Finally, it sure took long enough!" But while it can go into releases, I still find myself disappointed. The lack of any notable sounds on the AE86 just *begs* for soundbytes taken straight from the eurobeat tunes we associate with it, there's no difference in the turning sprites like the front wheels changing angle, and the sideview sprites lack animation on the rims. The AE86 just ends up feeling unfinished as a result.

Admittedly, I decided to avoid putting in turning sprites, as I couldn't quite figure out how to get it to look right. However, I'll try again and possibly add them if I can make decent-looking ones. As for the rims though.. I've only now realised there was something I glazed over.

On the topic of sounds, I initially felt that it didn't really need any, but as you've mentioned it, I understand what you're saying, and I'll also consider adding some (I've got at least 2 in mind so far).

With these things taken into consideration, expect an update sometime!

The addon's been updated to v2.1! This update fixes the missing wheel animations, adds turning frames, and also a few sound effects.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back