This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Are you gonna consider fixing Bubble Bounce to not halt all your momentum and actually be useful like go slightly higher when bouncing twice?

Bubble Shield is already revamped in the current version. I likely won't be adjusting it further. Compare Revi-v4 on left with vanilla on right.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• srb20002.gif
    srb20002.gif
    3.4 MB · Views: 1,354
  • srb20003.gif
    srb20003.gif
    6.6 MB · Views: 1,641
Quick question: Will the insta-shield ever be compatible in battle mode at one point? I tried to hit someone with it, but it did nothing.

Any requests related to multiplayer or specific other mods are an automatic "no" for several reasons.

Adding this together with the Battle mod sounds like a bad idea anyways because that's balanced around the vanilla state of characters. Fang and Amy in particular would cause issues since they can attack far more often with my script added.

but i really hate knuckles glide and this would make it maybe pOSSIBLE to punish.
Actually I somewhat understand your reasoning. Fang is GOD with this, but I mean the shield changes and other buffs are nice.
Many agree this is a great mod to use in battle... if it weren't for fang.
No I am not asking you to nerf fang, as this is clearly meant for singleplayer, dunno why he doesn't need a cooldown for gun in singleplayer but whatever, probably has some reasoning behind it.

Last edited:
There's no slowdown with this loaded on my end.
ezgif-2-dea5bc250682.gif
Yeah, you were right. I had a game-lagging mod on. I can finally enjoy this mod again!

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

I like the Bubble Bounce and how you made more like Sonic Mania instead of Sonic 3. One of my biggest pet-peeves.

Version 5 is here, featuring a new Sonic ability. The instashield has been removed from the main script and is now available as an extra addon.

~Changelog~
Sonic has a new ability. I call it the Comet Dash - a short air dash which can be used up to three times. It adapts your current speed with a minimum speed of 25, the same as Knuckles's glide. Striking a wall with the ability will cause Sonic to wall jump, gaining some height. These two facets combine to make an ability that's useful for extending jumps, correcting undershot jumps, and a few nice tricks.
attachment.php

Thok has been moved to Metal Sonic. Its changes from v4 are still intact. Details are in the OP if you don't know what those are.

Dash Mode now only activates when fully charging a spindash. Its bonuses to speed and jump height have been changed from gradual increases to static boosts.

Colliding with horizontal springs will force your character into a spin state. This prevents SRB2's weird friction from immediately devouring all of your speed. Whacking horizontal springs with Amy's hammer actually has a noticeable effect as a result of this.
attachment.php

The character select screen has had its descriptions updated to reflect their behavior in this mod. I also changed the colors because I wanted to.

Restored the momentum cancel on the Elemental Stomp. The landing is still less stiff than vanilla.

Fixed some bugs.

Known issues probably being fixed in v6 when I'm not too lazy to work on this:
A few things don't work properly when the player is scaled up or down
Fang is too braindead and needs a better gun mechanic

Last edited:
The Comet Dash looks very interesting, I may try it asap.

Thanks for updating your mod even after several months after its release

Hm, the new ability is pretty nice on Sonic! You can do some pretty interesting climbs by dashing into the same wall repeatedly, and it's a nice tool to correct jumps with its more consistent speed. It does all the cornering I usually do with Thok nicely as well, and since it doesn't really give speed I'm not wanting to spam for speed any more.

Metal having the normal thok is pretty alright, too, though I rather miss being able to enter Boost Mode spontaneously. Maybe if it were linked to "run for X time without jumping" as well I'd be more keen on using it, because a lot of scenarios - especially later - have me only consider it for a straight line's jump boost and have me ignore it afterwards; It's just more worth to spam thok than it is to stop, charge to boost, and then not be able to control it for a bit because of spinning physics.

I'll admit, seeing Amy and Fang roll is still weird, but the side-spring rolling is pretty great! Amy being able to mallet them gives that small feature of hers a fair bit more use now as well, and there's some routes and goodies that she can now take because of it that she couldn't before.

For bugs, apparently an Apple skin couldn't be found once I loaded the new Revi-5 .pk3 file.

Not sure if this is a bug or intentional, but Super Sonic's hover function has also been taken away - c'mon man, Super's supposed to have OP junk - and Metal has now been barred from the form entirely. Now there's even less reason to grab the emeralds without the "all supers" addon also playing on the side.

Just a suggestion. If possible in the future, maybe add a way to toggle between new movesets and vanilla ones for characters with changed abilities? This would be especially cool during netgames, and I was thinking it could be done through a command with on/off functionality. It may help balance out people who like the mod and those who don't as much, and it could maybe improve the overall experience.

With my "small" suggestion out of the way, I just wanted to say that everything here already is pretty cool.

For bugs, apparently an Apple skin couldn't be found once I loaded the new Revi-5 .pk3 file.
Update your game to version 2.2.2.
Not sure if this is a bug or intentional, but Super Sonic's hover function has also been taken away
Super Sonic's float is gone because that property is hardcoded to go with the thok. I'd have to recode the ability (which would take 5 seconds because it's just momz = 0) but I'll probably come up with something new for him when I get around to adjusting the comet dash.

Metal Sonic's super was accidentally disabled because I added SF_NOSKID to his charflags in a P_SKIN and this apparently removes super if it's not explicitly specified to be enabled. I'll probably just add the SF_NOSKID through Lua instead so I don't have to override his flags.

Last edited:
What part of the LUA script makes Fang's gun-delay so small? I can't seem to find anything related to that in the file. Oh and I also kinda don't know what disables the hammer rebound (when twinspinning the ground). If there's like a way to completely disable it or whatever. Or how to remove the speed change of Fang's gun, or just change the speed.

Last edited:
Updated to Version 5a. This is primarily an overhual for the comet dash but I've also gutted a few old features that didn't work out too well.

srb20003.gif
ezgif-1-72f82002c569.gif

~Changelog~
Comet Dash is now a single use ability* instead of having 3 charges

Wall jump replaced with wall drop dash

Can turn and brake while using comet

*The ability can be reused after a wall drop dash but will uncurl sonic

Amy's crawla bounce enhancement removed

Metal Sonic dash mode removed*

*The jet fume still changes color just for flavor

Overthok removed + Metal Sonic thok restored to 60 speed

Rewrote Sonic's character description again
What part of the LUA script makes Fang's gun-delay so small? I can't seem to find anything related to that in the file. Oh and I also kinda don't know what disables the hammer rebound (when twinspinning the ground). If there's like a way to completely disable it or whatever. Or how to remove the speed change of Fang's gun, or just change the speed.
Look for S_PLAY_FIRE_FINISH where I have the states defined near the top of the lua script. I adjusted the delay in tics until moving to the next state. It's set to 5 tics in my script so if you change the 5 to something else you can adjust the delay.

Amy's rebound checks whether you've landed in goop or killed a spike prior to landing and disables it if so.

Last edited:
Thanks Katmint. Is there a way to just flat out disable the hammer rebound entirely? I've been looking for the core script that makes the hammer rebound even function and... well I am kind of lost. Thank you again for telling me how to adjust Fang's delay, I would have never been able to find it!

EDIT: Found the rebound function.

Last edited:
Did you even read the other changes? Metal Sonic currently has Sonic's moveset because I'm experimenting with a new Sonic ability. The comet dash is also based off an old draft for a Metal Sonic ability I made a month or so ago, but I decided it worked better the other way around. The older version of the comet having three charges was an artifact of it being intended for Metal Sonic.

If you're looking for an actual Metal Sonic revamp which doesn't just dump Sonic's moveset on him, go play that. It's better than my initial attempt.

Oh, okay.
I'd still like to see you give Metal Sonic's moveset another try soon, you can come up with really good ideas.

I know you don't have any business fixing this... but...
...why does Knuckles get damaged when doing this *ONLY IF YOUR ADDON IS ADDED*
Oh and also he can't glide out of this move either.

If this mod is added, Knuckles suddenly now gets hurt when jumping under an enemy or trying to jump onto an enemy when using dig... what did you do to knuckles exactly, i've been trying to delete code with "GLIDE" in it, because that's the only knuckles thing I know, but none of them do anything related to this, also I don't really understand why you changed knuckles glide in the first place, why make the glide slowerrrrrrrrr
Luckily, multiglide masks the slowness of the glide so it's fine
Hey at least you don't have Momentum Mod's Tails Fly, i dont give a damn about if Fly is more balanced, it's too hecking SLOW when rising. There's no need for s3 fly.

Attachments

• srb20474.gif
    4.7 MB · Views: 210
Last edited:
The glide is the same speed as vanilla. The momentum cut after ending glide is preserved in the air until landing in exchange for the crouch no longer stopping you in place. As for the other stuff, I'm not addressing mod conflicts but it's probably something with the crouch landing since there's nothing modifying the glide itself.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back