SRB2 bosses opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What moving moustache? Just look for the one that isn't a Ballman. He also triggers all the shooting, so the Ballmen won't shoot until the real one is actually up.

At least what i do is to look to the one with moving moustache.
Anyway i didn't know that. Good tip.

You don't need to do that. All you need is to watch carefully to the one with moving mustache. Just concentrate and you can do it.

Well, I use that method and defeat him with Sonic in.... 1:30 mins?

puffmen.png

No reason to continue this discussion. Back to the actual topic.

Kinda hard but when you feel ready it takes less time (i guess)
But MD2 can also be a good idea, tough that is cheating.

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

puffmen.png

No reason to continue this discussion. Back to the actual topic.

Ok but LOL we posted at the same time.

EDIT: Ok posting this up ahead was A BIT stupid.

I think I see the problem that some people are having; the biggest and most distinct part of both sprites doesn't change, which is his mustache. Making the mustache look more like it's painted on the round balloon instead of popping off like a real mustache would probably help people see the difference during the fight.

Yes, when you sit down and look at them they're quite different. But, the game is very fast, so a player, especially a new one, won't really see the difference while jumping around focusing on landing on the platforms and dodging the onslaught of missiles.

I didn't have a problem distinguishing between the two in gameplay, but I can see how someone else would. The much more pressing issue right now is fixing the god damn water to not be a death sentence for newer players.

Egg Mobile: The new laser attack completely disoriented me at first when compared to 2.0 and earlier versions. Not much else to say, really.

Egg Slimer: The glass is a nice touch. Nothing else changed, so that's all I have to say.

Sea Egg: The electricity timer is a little annoying, but what is REALLY annoying is the clones. I could never tell the difference between the three. I think the color of the fake vehicles should be slightly different, so as to make the difference more obvious.

Eggscalibur: The first stage is nice, but it took me a long time to figure out the second phase. I didn't realize that you had to be in the bleachers to even hit it.

Metal Sonic: Really nice. My main complaints are the reverse gravity room and how long it takes to defeat Metal Sonic in the actual fight.

Brak Eggman: 2.0 was too hard. 2.1 is too easy, not to mention that it makes Eggman look like an idiot. It's hard to get a good difficulty balance, isn't it? Hopefully Brak Eggman will be perfected in 2.2

And...that's my two cents.

Brak Eggman: 2.0 was too hard. 2.1 is too easy, not to mention that it makes Eggman look like an idiot. It's hard to get a good difficulty balance, isn't it? Hopefully Brak Eggman will be perfected in 2.2

I know 2.0 was really hard, based on Sonic OVA. But 2.1 is easy for you? I guess i'm a noob. I had to breath, concentrate, and my first try was with Tails, and steel not easy. It took me about 10 tries to do it.

I know 2.0 was really hard, based on Sonic OVA. But 2.1 is easy for you? I guess i'm a noob. I had to breath, concentrate, and my first try was with Tails, and steel not easy. It took me about 10 tries to do it.

2.1 brak is actually easy. I beat it with my old chao.wad that is extremely downgraded, in terms of speed, movement, jump height, and for it's ability it has a slow glide. And I beat brak without getting hit by him once :|. It's quite simply, the only time if I were to die, would be at the end if he shoots me with that cannon thing that has a knock back of over 9000 when there were no walls.

2.1 brak is actually easy. I beat it with my old chao.wad that is extremely downgraded, in terms of speed, movement, jump height, and for it's ability it has a slow glide. And I beat brak without getting hit by him once :|. It's quite simply, the only time if I were to die, would be at the end if he shoots me with that cannon thing that has a knock back of over 9000 when there were no walls.

I would like video evidence of this lol.

I really don't like the third boss. I couldn't tell that there's a difference between the real and fake ones, but more annoyingly, the clones knock you wildly rather than sending you back to the same place, so you're punished for something that you can't tell is anything but random. Falling in the water is all but guaranteed to hurt you, and that felt unfair.

I didn't get to play through the fourth boss since it freezes the game on my system, but I found it to be confusing. Either the wait for the opening is longer than it ought to be, or the opening isn't particularly visually obvious.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back