Gemma the Tarsier-Cat

Gemma the Tarsier-Cat v3.0.2/BM Support v3

RalphJeremy65

Fame is temporary, but your passions are eternal.

A New Face has joined the Adventure...

yczNliS.png

Gemma is a young tarsier-cat hybrid and an aspiring adventurer born with geokinesis, a kind of power the lets the user control and manipulate earth at their own will.

She was living a rather mundane life... until she witnessed Dr. Eggman's vandalization of Greenflower mountain next to her and Mom's house, and heard news about his plans of conquest of the mysterious Black Rock, which recently returned to the planet's orbit. Noticing the famous Sonic the Hedgehog and his gang hopping into action, She eventually follows them to see for herself what is going on.

attachment.php
Ability
attachment.php

attachment.php

Tera-riser:
Double jump to drop downwards with enough force to break the floor beneath your feet and ride it upwards. You can jump or spindash off this newly created platform at anytime.

attachment.php

Tip: Hitting an enemy or hazard with the rock platform will allow you to perform the move again. Chain multiple together to gain maximum height!

attachment.php

Gemma is also Co-op friendly. You can use this ability to take your friends to a lift.

Otherwise, she pretty much plays like your traditional Sonic character, Classic Spin Jump, Spindash and all.

You can configure how Gemma's ability controls using the "gemmastyle" command. I/O support is included.

Hold (gemmastyle 1): Let go of jump while riding the platform to hop off of it.

Triple Jump (gemmastyle 2): Press jump while riding the platform to hop off it.
Fun Fact: Style 2 (Triple Jump) was the initial intent of how it was supposed to work.

attachment.php
Other Features
attachment.php

A partially-sprited Super form. Go get those Chaos Emeralds first, though.
Full Dirk compatibility (Both Frozen and Surf).
"Trick fail" sprites for Frostiikin's CrossMomentum mod.
Hug. (Custom 2)

attachment.php
Future Plans
attachment.php

Support for CobaltBW's Battle Mod

attachment.php
Changelog
attachment.php

v1.2.2b & v1.2.3PR1
- Revamped Rock Platform Sprites. (Special Thanks to Biggy-π#4819)
- Also fixed a typo in the CSS Description lol
- v1.2.3PR1 only: Replaced the "Hole" Graphic again. Use this version for the v2.2.9 pre-releases.

v1.2.2a
- Revamped CSS art

v1.2.2
- Added Hugs support because bored

v1.2.1
- Added a new "Hole" graphic when you perform the Tera-riser.

v1.2
- Removed "Mixed" (gemmastyle 0) playstyle.
- Gemma no longer performs the Tera-Riser if you land with the drill without holding jump. The small shockwave of rocks that you emit after landing with the drill now destroys enemies.
- You can now Spin-Dash while riding the rock platform.

v1.1.2
- Fixed a lua conflict with characters like Skip and Yoshi losing stomp damage.

v1.1.1
- added "Trick fail" sprites for Frostiikin's CrossMomentum mod.

v1.1
- Most Sprites had been touched up.

v1.0.1
- minor offset tweaks with RIDE sprites

v1
- initial release

As my first vanilla SRB2 character mod, it was certainly a far cry from making a HUD mod and a Kart character mod. But of course, i couldn't have done this on my own.

If not for these awesome (and funni) people in the SRB2 Community, this would've not been possible.

attachment.php
Credits
attachment.php

- Main Spriter and Character Owner -
RalphJeremy65 (me lol)

- Spriting Assistance -
Biggy-π#4819 (Rock Platform Sprite Revamp)

- Programming -
SMS Alfredo

- Reusable Content -
Dirk's Custom Super Colors by DirkTheHusky
Hugs by Tatsuru

- Suggestions/Ideas & Feedback (v1.2) -
Inazuma

- Beta Testers -
Logan8r
Frostiikin
Kwiin
LonelyFoxz

I hope you enjoy playing as Gemma!

Supporters / CoAuthors

Attachments

• srb20281.gif
    3.6 MB · Views: 29,589
  • srb20275.gif
    6.6 MB · Views: 29,556
  • srb20280.gif
    srb20280.gif
    2.5 MB · Views: 29,311
  • XTRAC0.png
    XTRAC0.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 20,048
Last edited:
It's the baby!
Her ability is so much fun, and I love chucking the platform at things. ;P

I admire you Ralph!

I've been waiting for this character for a month, and yes, I look at Ralph's tweets friends, and I've also watched the character's previews, honestly my favorite :D

Damn!
I was really waiting to play with her a long time ago, and now she is here...

I will say good job man, i really love the idea of a Earth Character, something that wasn't maded, until now, Wonderful character Raph!

This looks really fun to play as. She fits right in with the other ocs like milne and skip. Good job making this, might try it later.

Saw the progress on the SRB2 discord, and now playing as this character, I absolutely love her and her moveset.

She is a very cool character, I had so much fun "flying" around through the levels!
It's just sad that she can't hurt others players in Match or Tag, but I hope that you can add that.

So... yeah, i was playing with her and, i found this error, that... happens when you Stomp a Box

Attachments

• srb20041.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 539
YES!
We have another Elemental-Based Character, and, like the others, is so much fun to play with!
We have:
Inazuma - Electrokinesis
Dirk - Cryokinesis
Whirl - Aerokinesis
Flare - Pyrokinesis
And now... Gemma - Geokinesis

The movesets are incredibly fun, you can skip some path in some of the levels, the sprites also looks cute, so...yeah, thats all. I love it

This character is so good. So fucking good. The ability, while seeming simple at first, becomes absurdly powerful and fun once you learn how to properly utilize it, and the character herself is adorable. For a first project, this is legendary. Nice job, Ralph!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back