• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Glide ride beta (all characters)

Status
Not open for further replies.

verifiaman

The master of verification.
This is a test for a level where you spend the entirety of it on the glider. if you don't know where to go, follow the rings. Its like those bird levels in Mario galaxy 2. http://www.sendspace.com/file/sldua3 there is no forcecharacter

srb20007-3.png

srb20006-3.png

Aw come on! I was just starting work on a gliding level, thinking I was the only one to do it so far. But now, after playing this, I see I have no competition at present. My first inclination was to run into one of the gliders. That got me killed because they can hurt you if you run into them. After wasting a couple of lives on this figuring out what was going on, I jumped onto one and took off. I couldn't get past the first hallway, it is so cramped, and the space between the goop and the ceiling is so small it makes getting through it impossible. You're gonna need make a lot wider spaces if you want people to use the clumsy glider.

A gliding level? Intresting!
I'll test this right away, and give my review later.
Does it use the flight music from Super Mario Galaxy 2? =P
Edit: Make the first hallway turn bigger... You expect beginners to finish this level without ever trying a beginner level of gliding? I didn't get too far as well.
Edit 2: And are checkpoints that much of a chore to add? Just make sure you add a glider near them, if any...
Edit 3: No need actually, managed to finish this in 20 seconds... It's pretty short. Oh well, it is a beta. Perhaps in the next beta you can make the glider slower (I noticed its real fast comparing to the original SOC) and make it have more than 1 health, kind of like how the Rayman 2 flying bomb is?

Last edited:
Curses, once again I thought it was riding on a gliding Knux, and once again I'm horribly, horribly wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back