Executing Commands with a Custom Button (I need help with Lua Scripting)

Extem the Hedgeho

tfw you wake up but you were never really asleep
Hey guys, remember me? The insignificant guy who wanted to play SRB2 with a Wired Fight Pad Pro? Yeah, I'm back with another question because I'm THAT stupid. Right now, I need help with some Lua stuff. I'm bad at programming and I honestly didn't want to read the wiki. How do I make a Lua file that will make it so that when you press custom3, it executes the "toggletwod" command if you have devmode enabled?

Why? That's simple, because I want to try and see if I can beat srb2 with mostly 2d, and only a few seconds in 3d to change positions.

I wish I were smart. :(

Hey guys, remember me? The insignificant guy who wanted to play SRB2 with a Wired Fight Pad Pro? Yeah, I'm back with another question because I'm THAT stupid. Right now, I need help with some Lua stuff. I'm bad at programming and I honestly didn't want to read the wiki. How do I make a Lua file that will make it so that when you press custom3, it executes the "toggletwod" command if you have devmode enabled?

Why? That's simple, because I want to try and see if I can beat srb2 with mostly 2d, and only a few seconds in 3d to change positions.

I wish I were smart. :(

There's a way to map commands to a specific button.
Goes a little something like this https://youtu.be/_Vsvkukg2Ws

Yay!!! (confetti appears)

It works! I could also try using a JoyToKey configuration to be able to use the command on a controller! Thank you so much! :D

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back