Suggestions

MAJOR Spoilers here.
[spoiler:03201fb530]In ERZ3, how about make it so you don't take damage when you run into the boss with the missile. And also, give you around say 5 seconds to get off the platform he's on.[/spoiler:03201fb530]

Suggestions (Discussion)

This is where you can discuss your suggestions for the future versions of SRB2.

For the actual suggestions that you think are good for SRB2, put them here at this link: http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=30800

Remember to be civil when discussing about this stuff.

Last edited:
What happened to tat (F9?) feature where you on a black map and your a white arrow and its like a map? Is it still there?

-Kick/ban reasons (EG; "kick sonic <reason>" would show up as "sonic was kicked (<reason>)", etc.)

-banip - Ban a IP address from joining and insert the IP into a ipban.txt or something.

-More visible crosshairs or rehashes of old ones to make them stand out more. (I can never see "Angle" in maps with grass :< )

-Team Auto assign for CTF joiners, with a configurable delay before the team change.

-Optional curse filter for chat, so we don't have to deal with someone dropping F-bombs every few seconds.

Alright, here's what i believe to change. (I'm only noting all mine because like, the more people who ask for something, the greater chance it happens. With requests. :P)

So, let's begin.

First, i actually want the OLD sprites back, from 1.09.4. The new sprites don't really fit SRB2's style, imo. Especially Eggmans. Even more especially the Final Eggman Sprite.

Second, I think you should attempt to remove CEZ 1 + 2's lag. It's affecting my server and people blame me for it. >.<

Third, i would like the old Tag mode back. :P With the new modes, so there'll be three.

Moving on to No. 4, which i actually want the MOST...
UN-CROWD THE LEVELS. >.< (Except Red Volcano.)
The levels are too crowded now and don't feel like SRB2 at all. I want nice and open-er levels like SRB2 1.09.4 or the Mystic Realm, not these crowded bits. It fits Red Volcano, though. :P

And finally, some console variables.
allowchangeskin - I don't know about you, but i actually want this for some reason. It should allow the person to choose at the start, but not after. It should add some challenge into other servers. (As people just go 'OMG i cant get here as Sonic i'll switch to Tails so i can get through.' >.>)
banip - Wait a moment, already said. Well, I WANT IT TOO! (I also want the kick/ban reasons, curse filter, visible crosshairs.. but not the Team-Auto-assign for CTF. Yes, these were all from the above post. :P)

I also want a more organised 'Help'.

...Aaaaand, that's about it. Those are my suggestions of what i want in SRB2. :P

EDIT: Wut, the above post dissapeared. o.O

EDIT2: Thought of another one.

Skidding - Like in official games, if <character> RUNS in a direction, then immediately presses the other direction, they'll skid to a stop quickly, then walk in the other direction. (Mainly for 2D mode. :P)

Make the lancers have 2 hits, and make them have more knockback, like the weapon ring.

J-town said:
Second, I think you should attempt to remove CEZ 1 + 2's lag. It's affecting my server and people blame me for it. >.<

This is apparently a known issue, but I hope we don't have to wait for another "big release" for it to finally be fixed >_>

Instead of just having playersforexit One and All, you should be able to have a playersforexit for any number, at least 1-10. In servers I like it that only 4/5 people have to finish a level, because usually at least one person is taking a while, or gets stuck, or something. Then I have to use the lives cheat to make their lives 0 to go on...

Okay, in 2D mode. I've relised during a secret that teh jumping acceleration is way too fast. Most of the time, I have to tap the right button and I can get to a block 128 fracunits away from standing. Could you slow it down?

These are my ideas to improve SRB2 version 2.0

1 - Improve Tails sprite's Tails, when he runs and flys like CZ64 did on Srb2Riders, when he flys he has moving tails instead of a spinning ring (Like in Sonic 2/3), and when he runs you can use those sprites from when he flys on an Ex-gear race

2 - Make Deep Sea Zone Act 2 a bit easier, it took me 21 minutes to beat it because of the maze

3 - Make more nights levels, there's only two, Slumber track and spring hill

4 - What happened to the Light dash and homing attack?

5 - Add the side springs from Srb2CB

6 - Add day to night like in Shufflarb2

7 - Make a fullscreen and windowed option for slow computers

8 - Add those 4 Yellow flickies to super tails

PD: Sorry if you can't understand me, i speak spanish

sonicfreak94 said:
J-town said:

This is apparently a known issue, but I hope we don't have to wait for another "big release" for it to finally be fixed >_>

Don't worry, you won't.

Make the explosion (The sparkles, if you will) from the Bomb Ring explode faster.

It looks quite odd seeing a person flying back at a great speed while seeing the explosion hasn't fully expanded yet.

Change last boss colours. It looks bad and dated now, but just because, like the old Knuckles, it´s based on a 3D model and it doesn´t have plain colours. A recolour would make him really better.

Knuckles climbing sprite should be better, the animation seems to be made on Paint right now. Just improve a better the movement, and that´s it.

The thing that really sold Eggman in the Sonic Adventure games was his voice acting during the boss fights. It made it truly feel like you were fighting Eggman and not just another random boss. Additionally, Crazy Gadget's voice acting gave the plot an incredible amount of tangibility. Not having a believable Eggman doesn't really tie together the zones coherently. Even S3&K had a few tidbits at the end of boss fights that tied things together. For instance, Sonic and Tails fall into Hydrocity.

Well, people have been complaining about getting Sigsevs on Egg Rock zone, so here's a possible solution...

Make a temporary save on that act if the game crashes (Make sure people can't exploit that in Task Manager if possible) and when you resume, delete the save. So getting sigseved on Egg Rock 3 prevents needing to play 1 and 2 again, but a Game Over means you do.

Make it so that when scrolling through the console with the PgUp/PgDown keys whenever a new line appears it doesn't reset to the bottom...it's extremely annoying.

Make Arid Canyon Zone's music slightly louder. It's more quiet in comparison to the other soundtracks.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back