Hyper Sonic in SRB2 Oddness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eblo

Many of you may know that drx discovered many prototypes of SEGA games. Well I played one of the Sonic 3 prototypes and discovered something odd about Hyper Sonic. You know that Hyper Sonic has sparkles going around him in SRB2? And SRB2 was released before the discovery of the prototype ROMs. Here's the SRB2 Hyper Sonic:

30i89ee.jpg

And now compare it to the Sonic 3 prototype Hyper Sonic:
2mq0wg1.jpg

t6pmrk.jpg

fvacfl.jpg

Coincidence?

Your overlooking the fact that SRB2 has been updated several times since the release of Sonic 3. A Hyper Sonic with glowing sparks was probably included in an update that occured after Sonic 3, modeled after Sonic 3.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Goober said:
Your overlooking the fact that SRB2 has been updated several times since the release of Sonic 3. A Hyper Sonic with glowing sparks was probably included in an update that occured after Sonic 3, modeled after Sonic 3.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
But I'm talking of the recently discovered Sonic 3 Prototype. Sonic 3C 0517.

Eblo the Hedgehog said:
But I'm talking of the Sonic 3 Prototype. Sonic 3C 0517.

Wikipedia said:
With the power of the Super Emeralds, Sonic becomes Hyper Sonic. Sonic glows with the colors of the Chaos Emeralds, becomes surrounded by flashing sparks, and leaves afterimages

Hyper Sonic had sparks in the official version- the one that was released on Genises, so SRB2's is probably just based off of that. Your thinking too deep into this one, meethinks.

Reiteration time!:
*The Hyper Sonic Concept was introduced in Sonic 3.
*The Hyper Sonic in the original, released, OLD, Sonic 3 had sparks.
*SRB2's Hyper Sonic has sparks probably because the official Sonic 3 Hyper Sonic had sparks around him, not becuase the prototype did.

Do you understand that both the prototype AND the official version gave Hyper Sonic sparks? That's the point I'm trying to make.

Goober said:
Eblo the Hedgehog said:
But I'm talking of the Sonic 3 Prototype. Sonic 3C 0517.

Wikipedia said:
With the power of the Super Emeralds, Sonic becomes Hyper Sonic. Sonic glows with the colors of the Chaos Emeralds, becomes surrounded by flashing sparks, and leaves afterimages

Hyper Sonic had sparks in the official version- the one that was released on Genises, so SRB2's is probably just based off of that. Your thinking too deep into this one, meethinks.

Reiteration time!:
*The Hyper Sonic Concept was introduced in Sonic 3.
*The Hyper Sonic in the original, released, OLD, Sonic 3 had sparks.
*SRB2's Hyper Sonic has sparks probably because the official Sonic 3 Hyper Sonic had sparks around him, not becuase the prototype did.

Do you understand that both the prototype AND the official version game Hyper Sonic sparks? That's the point I'm trying to make.
I know the final version of Hyper Sonic had sparks. But they moved differently around him thanin Sonic 3C 0517. I'm just saying that SRB2's Hyper Sonic is too similar to the prototype Hyper Sonic even though he was recently discovered. (Wow I'm starting to sound like a broken record).

In other words S3&K's Hyper Sonic's sparks move in a upwards-downwards fashion. Sonic 3C 0517's Hyper Sonic's sparks move in a left-to-right fashion.

Actually, I believe it's just a matter of what looks better in what dimension.

It was changed to an up-down-front-back rotation in S3, most likely because that looks better in 2D.
In SRB2, it's a forward-back-left-right fashion, because that looks better in 3D.

Simple reasoning.

Draykon said:
Actually, I believe it's just a matter of what looks better in what dimension.

It was changed to an up-down-front-back rotation in S3, most likely because that looks better in 2D.
In SRB2, it's a forward-back-left-right fashion, because that looks better in 3D.

Simple reasoning.
Good point.

SILENCE!!!

The Draykon has spoken... *bows head in reverence

Oh, and for the record, I was righ-*shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back