• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

my new mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naga

True liar.
im making a mod for srb2, called Srb2 the 4th dimension, the mod will have 22 levels, and it will have different special stage levels, and have new enemys.

ive made the first level and i am getting quite far with the second act.

ive even got the level rotation ready,it might be changed.
flying cyber base/mecha base changed to steel harbor/pier
cyber match changed to steel match.

1 sunset hills 1
2 sunset greens zone 2
3 sunset greens battle
4 steel harbour zone 1
5 steel pier zone
6 steel match zone
4 molten caves zone 1
5 molten mountain zone 2
6 molten conflict
7 freezing crevasse zone 1
8 freezing ravine zone 2
9 freezing storm
10 aqua town
11 aqua city
12 aqua tsunami
13 rock hills
14 rock mountain
15 rock summit war
16 acid factory
17 acid factory core
18 dimension rift factory duel
19 egg shuttle zone
20 egg space zone
21 space rift
22 4th dimension

EDIT: update, added act 2 and 3, fixed a few problems, prime 2.0 has aligned textures in act 1

get it here

if anyone wants to help just PM me, and i'll reply.

the finish is at the top of the mountain, and the next level is seeming to shape even better!

has anyone found the emerald token?

This level is nice!
But sometimes is a bit glitchy... (I don't know if also in OpenGL, because I play SRB2 in software mode)
When I fall in water it , on the screen appears some warning messages...

Here seems to be a problem....

ree-c said:
has anyone found the emerald token?

Yeah, i found it.

Anyway, keep up the good work! :)

hmm,i never noticed that, this is what happens when you always play srb2 in opengl :)

i'll fix that, and that problem with the error message, i'll try and fix that, i think it has something to do with the sector "borders", i think i overused the grass a little bit.

and this is not my best level, you should see my contest entry in january! :wink:

and i forgot the colourmap in the water at the cave with the emerald token XD

Very expansive! And the wide open space is fun to explore. However, I can see that you have used a select all for the linedefs in order to give them their stuff, so I did a little optimizing. You know, take some unnecessary textures out here, merge a sector there, you get the idea. Anyways, here is the "slightly" modded version. http://s53.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3J09DT9S1M9340G3GO8UNSTLC4
And no, I'm not done with it yet.

i forgot to mention that, woops, use .zip or .rar, it justs renames the .zip/.rar, but not the files inside it.

My 200th post! yayz!

Not bad at all. There is significant framerate drop from the detailed staircases, though. I would suggest either adding 1-sided linedefs or redesigning that section. Other than that, it's quite nice.

is that with this version or with all the versions?

i think i might get rid of the gfzgrass texture on the staircases, just to make the level more computer friendly, and act 2 of the level is getting very far in completion :) .

and i probably will redesign that section, i found it a bit boring with all that jumping in a spiral 10+ times.

I found the entire level excellent. My pc doesn't have any framerate problems, so I can't help you there, but the stairs were boring, if totally awesome.

Ha. Like I could enjoy a level like that.
There are way too many bottomless pits. Remove all of them. Your level was almost as bad as one of Sega's levels.

The point of a sonic game is to be able to go through the whole level fast and smoothly. It's just plain cheap to put bottomless pits right on the top of hills so you run off of them. You can't even see them until you've fallen off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back