SRB2 Riders v1.46.4X (srb2riders.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonic Riders

• Riders mode is only available in Adventure mode.
  • You don't stop Uber Running when you fall off a ledge or going a little bit slow. No, you have to be going at a speed of 5. No brakes yet, since it doesn't seem to respond when you press the C button.
  • S_Skin's RUNONWATER was 'renamed' and used for ABILITY2. For Riders compatability, you need to give this 0, 1, or 2 for Speed, Fly, or Power.

Mario Kart
  • You begin and stay with Kart vehicles.
  • Splitscreen players have the same controls as Player 1. No HUD yet.
  • Green Shell is fixed. After testing the flags, I had to remove MF_SPECIAL and MF_SHOOTABLE and replaced them with MF_NOBLOCKMAP for the shell to work. So if you want to try the green shell in your Riders version, simply add an SOC with THING 149 and FLAGS = 262160.

Sonic R
This is mainly SRB2 mode back in.
  • The Standing, Walking, and a few other frames from SRB2 are added in.
  • Monitors have been fixed so that they appear as TVs in Sonic R mode, and Capsules in Riders.
  • Sonic has Double Jump, and Tails has Adventure mode Flying.

Menu
  • Skill menu (Easy, Normal, Hard) is removed. Actually, you just skip it. Single Player->Start Game->Choose Player.
  • Click me for details. The wheel spins just like the original. You can actually find a darker version in your srb2riders.ridr file.

This may not seem like much, but believe me, it took days to code SRB2 mode back in. There was a lot of stressful times, but the biggest one was when the exe crashed before showing the intro cutscene, or warping to a level. I kept Undo-ing some of my work, reinstalled Dev-C++, and even tried to install it on Vista. It was later on that I tried srb2win.exe, and I was told that srb2.srb was modified. Freakin' XWE...

There's a few bugs not worth mentioning, but one of them was recently found that was a total bummer. I was able to add Mystic Realm and play through the whole thing, but now, whenever I warp to a level with a Gold Buzz, the game crashes. I checked, and MR doesn't modify the buzz with any SOC, and the Buzz code is untouched. One thing that I can do is replace MT_GOLDBUZZ's frames to go straight to MT_REDBUZZ's frames.

And I'm also not planning on releasing this until Wave and Storm are both finished. Knux too, but meh.

So all I need to finish is Amy, Cream and some things to help in the mod making, but I just can do the sprites in saturdays and sundays, because my school and Monster Iestyn need to finish Cream's board

Chaos Zero 64 said:
Tails has Adventure mode Flying.

So lemme get this straight this is a four in one racing mod? (KEWL!) what did you mean about adventure mode flying?

Oh and monster ieystn is there any updates on your classic amy wad? I would like to see some new sprites or maybe even a beta!

Chaos Zero said:
Click me for details. The wheel spins just like the original. You can actually find a darker version in your srb2riders.ridr file.
It....it's.....beautiful....
EDIT: Also, considering some of the new features, why not call this "SRB2 Racers" since it has more modes than just riders.

Shadic_the_Human said:
Chaos Zero 64 said:
Tails has Adventure mode Flying.

So lemme get this straight this is a four in one racing mod? (KEWL!) what did you mean about adventure mode flying?

Oh and monster ieystn is there any updates on your classic amy wad? I would like to see some new sprites or maybe even a beta!

What he means by Advanture Mode flying is that you just have to hold down the jump button when you press it the second time to fly...

As for updates on the Classic Amy... The only sprites I've done so far are all the standing sprites, and the front and back of the walking frames. I've also made a life icon and name pic (which I had done ages ago...), but I'm stuck on what her character selection pic should look like...

Shadic_the_Human said:
Since when did the menu have any racing in it? It's just a menu. It's not like you race around 47 (Sarcasm) tracks on the menu with some new machine or whatever.

Srb2 has Mario mode and Nights mode to unlock.
Is the name changed?
*Point agreeing with MI
Can't wait for the next version! ^_^

Hey, Iestyn, are you going to do Cream's board after you finish storm? And I found this some months ago inside the srb2riders.ridr:

menu.gif

Username Not Found said:
It sure is weird if you add a non-rider wad and it explodes with glitch sprites, thok/glide/fly/whatever is disabled, and it SIGSEVs you.
Oh gee! I couldn't POSSIBLY figure out why that is! Woah!

I'll Begin said:
Username Not Found said:
It sure is weird if you add a non-rider wad and it explodes with glitch sprites, thok/glide/fly/whatever is disabled, and it SIGSEVs you.
What? If someone wats a screen, I can't help. I don't know how to get one out of my belly. EDIT: I know how to take a screenshot, On Edge. ¬_¬ I took some of SADX-sonic.wad and it looked like he was a hedgehog version of Mother Brain. (In SRB2 Riders)

Username Not Found said:
I'll Begin said:
Username Not Found said:
What? If someone wants a screen, I can't help. I don't know how to get one out of my belly.
Open the ingame console and type BIND X SCREENSHOT, close the console, and press X.

And I was obviously being sarcastic. It's obvious why non-rider characters don't work in SRB2 Riders, so why are you even posting?

Sorry it took such a long time, but here's Storm's side standing sprite:
STORMA3A7.png

And this'll be useful to CZ64 for when he does Storm's walking sprites:
STORM3.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back