• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

New Poisoned Paradise release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tets

one rude dude
The third release of PPZ is now. I wouldn't consider it official, however. More of an "open beta test" in order to locate issues with level design before the official third release.

The layout of acts 1 and 2 have been drastically altered in areas, so to anyone who has played this before it could almost be a completely new experience. The levels flow a lot better and are just slightly less linear. Anyone who hasn't played PPZ as of yet, which I assume is a good number of you folks who joined us after the last public release, here's your chance.

And while you're enjoying it, remember to look for things that went wrong during the design process such as missing textures and just overall glitches that take away from the gaming experience.

http://tets.gunsha.com/srb2wad/sc_poisonedparadise.zip

All hail the broken link!

Looks like an IP address. Do you use your own computer to host? Guess it's off, huh? Email it to me and I'll host it for you.

EDIT: Stupid WinGet!!! Nevermind about that.

Yes, I'm hosting this on my Apache webserver, since I'm too lazy at the moment to get SmartFTP to work. Otherwise it would be on my Gunsha webspace.

I like it.

But, act 2 is now more of a maze than ever, and it would take forever to get out if I didn't already play it before.

It's available up there in my first post. hotdog's response may have deceived you, there was never any broken link. That or you could have just outright missed the link, we appear to be having color issues at the moment and it is almost invisible...

It has come to my attention that my link was pointing to the wad I had on my server before I compressed it into a zip file. You see, it worked fine when the wad was there. I neglected to check after I zipped it and this whole mess happened.

And now that everyone is able to get it with no issues, do play the level and give me reviews. Now. I mean, it's not like you have anything better to do. =/

Umm.. for some reason the Capsule in act 3 won't work O_o.

Not sure if it's supposed to be like that or not, but some of the windows in act 2 don't take up the whole window frame, the bottom floats up about 16 units.

Edit: Forgot to say what I think of it :P

Great, this is MUCH better than the last release, even if this is just an unofficial release. I like exploring the new paths and checking out the extra scenery (such as the pumping acid and the roatating thingies in the acid). You may want to add a spring or something in the room with the broken bridge, though, because if you fall in as Sonic, you can't get out.

So yeah, the gameplay and the scenery is much better than last time, nice work :)!
Now if only I could hit the capsule and beat Act 3 x_X

First level was awesome.

Second level was pretty cool, too. But, Tets, you truly are some kind of sadistic freak... THAT DETON SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN RIGHT THERE!!!!1!!!1! @____@ Other than that it was cool.

Third level was incomplete, so not much to say. My usual "lure Eggman down to your level then get him stuck in a spin-dash" technique was harder to pull off on such a tightrope, though.

Argh, I could swear I had act 3 working. I'll just have to remove the capsule until I can figure out how to make a working one.

That deton IS mean XD. I placed it there after playing a round of Mystic Realm, so I was in an odd state of mind at the time. That spot is changed to be more nice.

I'm not sure how I managed to mess up the windows in act 2, but that's fixed too.

All known issues have been addressed and the wad is uploaded to my webspace, check first post for the link.

Great job, Tets. Nice to see you're still wadding.

Now, someone go beat Digiku with a brick until he comes back too. =/

In reference to Some guy2's post (which is a silly name and seems odd to refer to, but I digress) that first screen is simply a misplaced flat. That's why we do prerelease wads, so other people can locate stupid mistakes like that. As for the second screen, if I'm not mistaken you will find that the same thing happens with the other waterfalls (slimefalls?). I might apply scrolling to those flats but I'm just not determined enough right now. ;D

While I'm at it, thanks to all of you for the bug reports and support in general. I'm not going to re-package the wad for another release as of now since the only real fix I applied was the misplaced flat, anyone with WadAuthor and upwards of ten seconds of free time could remedy that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back