mt_LunarSpike (Made using the SRB2 Asset Package)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warpshade

Usually lurks somewhere.
Last edited:
You don't have to play it with the MS to review it, MHS.

It's decent, but it's hard to get from the ground floor to the first without dying a few times. I mean the bit with the low gravity and the spring. You can't make it to the platforms even if you're high enough to, because once you're not in the blue light with the low gravity you fall down too quickly. Instead you have to go to the lower platform around the blue light and jump in the blue light, and when you're high enough you thok to the higher platforms.

I'd prefer to be able to get to those higher platforms with the spring, without dying from dropping into the death pit every time I try.

Looks impressive, but looks a bit flat in some bits from the screenshots. I'll give you my review later on.

Hooray, someone remembered that the Asset Package exists.

Hi, Warpshade ^^

First off, I tested your map firstly in SRB2JTE to see how it'd work playing with bots (once MS is down)... hehe, I got an error upon loading the wad (doh!). Then I played alone. It's a quite playable, well designed, you have a good view everywhere, has a good concept of level design. But...

Monster Iestyn said:
but it's hard to get from the ground floor to the first without dying a few times. I mean the bit with the low gravity and the spring (and so on...)

I detected the same thing. I fell off every time I tried. So I had to use Tails to get upper platforms. I think you should build a platform near at blue light column so you can jump off safely. You could think of a platform with a hole and blue light in, like that holes in footbridge.

The idea of using a low gravity column is interesting: think you floating and shooting everyone, it's nice no? but you become an easy target too. So, use it with care.

I saw there's a monitor on footbridge, near at central column. But it's asymmetric. I think it'd be better if you build a small platform on top of central column, put some springs around and that monitor there.

Read http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Level_Design_101#Match , I hope it'll help you to improve your map.

Bye

Hello level in progress how are you today? *shot*
Not to sound like a noob (although I am) but what is the Asset Package and what does it do? Oh and the level looks nice so I will revew it shortly.

spriter12 said:
not bad but it looks like you need to aline the textures a little bit. im working on an under ground ancient temple level it awesome :D but any way lets get back to subject (sorry)

Actualy, that was a old picture. I've alligned the textures and resized everything.

Edit: While this did display some neat concepts and textures, there was a few faults.

For one, I didn't think that the grey temple floor fit with the level. For two, the low gravity FOFs were a neat concept, but I had a very hard time telling how close I was to falling out of it. And, for three, you picked a music that I thought only slightly fir the theme.

Also, this is based on Airborne Temple Zone in a way, right?

7/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back