SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Levels

Soniku11's Maps Details »»
Soniku11's Maps
Developer Last Online: Jan 2021

Version: SRB2 Rating: (3 votes - 2.40 average)
Released: 01-07-2021 Last Update: 01-12-2021 Favourites: 1
Single Player Levels Multiplayer Levels Re-Useable Content

***[Just one important thing before you read everything else. All my maps are separated each 3 screenshots, as i only do 3 per map, so you can recognice which is which by just looking at them as a pack of 3 pictures per map]***

Heyo! Here you have a whole thread for all of my maps im gonna make through the time, as i keep learning, now with Industrial hills having slopes! and some minor fixes, as well as other some things i did! I may remade my other maps in a future! here you have one of them at least.

A Match map has been added into the thread! i had this one for quite a while now, and i modified just 1 or 2 small things like missplaced textures, and replacing some other things,i didnt edited much as the map itself was fine. So im gonna bring you here a cool but small match map i had saved here!

Download Now

File Type: rar S_IndustrialHillsV4.rar (193.3 KB, 106 views)
File Type: rar M_MazeMatchCavesV1.rar (88.0 KB, 59 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20000.png
Views:	137
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	45276   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20001.png
Views:	87
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	45277   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20002.png
Views:	83
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	45278   Click image for larger version

Name:	matchmaze.png
Views:	53
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	45286   Click image for larger version

Name:	matchmaze2.png
Views:	43
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	45287  

Click image for larger version

Name:	matchmaze3.png
Views:	39
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	45288  

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 1 Week Ago   #2
D00D64
Probably Responsible

Alright, I'll put this into releases. Just don't go deleting it this time, okay? You can just update this pack with additional levels as you make them.
D00D64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #3
yfyfyfyfyfy
The dumbest man

Okay, let's get started!

A common mistake is the spawnpoint is too close to the wall.

Why is there no colormap in the water? You have already been told about this issue, I remember.

Why do fish jump so high?

Well, I can't really say anything about this level. It contains a lot of errors, which is very frustrating.

Example. Too many monitors (Right) and too many rings around (Left). Also the curves of the texture of pipes (Center).

In fact, this error with textures can be seen throughout the level and it's sad.
There are also errors with non-closed sectors.

Amy and Knuckle's path is very strange. Initially, I confused and went the other way around from the end. I was puzzled.

I want to tell separately about this part of the level. This is awful. It's too close, too many enemies and bees. This is bad.

I want to hope that your skills improve.
My discord: yfyfyfyfyfy#8483

English is not my native language. Sorry if there is a mistake in the text. Even in this.
yfyfyfyfyfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #4
Soniku11
UwU Hi, im a furry, OwO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yfyfyfyfyfy View Post
Okay, let's get started!

Why is there no colormap in the water? You have already been told about this issue, I remember.

Well, I can't really say anything about this level. It contains a lot of errors, which is very frustrating.

Example. Too many monitors (Right) and too many rings around (Left). Also the curves of the texture of pipes (Center).

In fact, this error with textures can be seen throughout the level and it's sad.

Amy and Knuckle's path is very strange. Initially, I confused and went the other way around from the end. I was puzzled.

I want to tell separately about this part of the level. This is awful. It's too close, too many enemies and bees. This is bad.

A lot of texture errors were left on purpose, which i dont know why do they still appear sometimes even tho i did deleted the unused textures, which probably i think that Slopes are the reason why. You know they're weird with that. I was still sick and really lowered on work speed, so i may have just left the sidedef without any texture to backup it, as the program requires to, so you wont have missing textures where the slope is.

The fish, i still dont understand how do you set their jump height, sl they're by default, and doing an invisible wall just they collide with, will.be stupid, cuz will be kinda annoying for the player.

The life and Nuke monitors on the left side were placed on purpose, because i knew fair enough how stressing that parkour part is, specially because those gunners, Only 2 were enough to stress the player. And mainly because the bees were something intentional. They were 3 More before, but i said "heck, i may have gone too far with them". So i only left those who you see.

Also, that "maze" part where the bees, was made on purpose. Maybe i should have done the room bigger so the corridor wont be too narrow, but it was already done, and more important things like fixing as many textures errors i could and fixing gameplay in some others

Last edited by Soniku11; 1 Week Ago at 03:59 PM.
Soniku11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #5
yfyfyfyfyfy
The dumbest man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soniku11 View Post
The fish, i still dont understand how do you set their jump height, sl they're by default, and doing an invisible wall just they collide with, will.be stupid, cuz will be kinda annoying for the player.
Wiki is your friend. If you do not know how what works, refer to him. The jump strength of the Stupid Dumb Unnamed RoboFish depends on the angle value.

I opened your level and I see that the fish has an angle of 270. This is very high.

Oh, what have you done with the level? I opened a level in Zone Builder and for some reason I cannot view it in 3D mode.

English is not my native language. Sorry if there is a mistake in the text. Even in this.
Old 1 Week Ago   #6
Soniku11
UwU Hi, im a furry, OwO

Quote:
Wiki is your friend. If you do not know how what works, refer to him. The jump strength of the Stupid Dumb Unnamed RoboFish depends on the angle value.

I opened your level and I see that the fish has an angle of 270. This is very high.

Oh, what have you done with the level? I opened a level in Zone Builder and for some reason I cannot view it in 3D mode.
Dont ask me. I just do the maps normally as i should. Obviously with some limitations in terms of what do i know and what i dont.

But yes, about these missing textures, probably its the Slope's fault. They require 2 textures, one that is seen, and another to backup it, which i dont know why. But that's why when you work with slopes and both has the same or similar height, the Slope will delete the texture of that frament of wall at its side
Old 6 Days Ago   #7
Kwiin
[A person in a place]
Contest Winner

Ohh yeah that's always really frustrating. I think it's because Zone Builder optimizes texture usage to remove redundant textures- except it doesn't account for slopes, which makes that texture visible.
Kwiin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #8
Soniku11
UwU Hi, im a furry, OwO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwiin View Post
Ohh yeah that's always really frustrating. I think it's because Zone Builder optimizes texture usage to remove redundant textures- except it doesn't account for slopes, which makes that texture visible.
That's why i kinda hate doing slopes, because that "hidden wall" as the program detects it as. And its really stressing to constantly add texture to the visible part of that wall, and sometimes i dont know which sidedef will backup it when the map gets updated, and the visible texture dissapears
Old 6 Days Ago   #9
Kwiin
[A person in a place]
Contest Winner

Anywho, I'm really glad to see that you're willing to play with slopes. This allows me to teach you a few tips and tricks.

I recognized this area of the map as a highlight gameplay wise:

But this slope here isn't connected!

Here's a method you can use to connect the sectors.

First, start by moving the sector height so that the two corners line up.

Then draw a triangle in the unsloped sector with one vertex connected to the corners you just aligned.

Now slope it

Now, adjust the height of the newly sloped sector so that it lines up. Scroll wheel moves up in too large increments to correctly align it most of the time! To fix this issue, hold shift while using the scroll wheel to move up in single pixel increments.

Now do the same thing to all of the misaligned slopes. I also added the "[5] Slope Skew (E1)" flag so that the textures connect seemlessly.

And voila! Your slope is now fully connected!

Old 6 Days Ago   #10
Soniku11
UwU Hi, im a furry, OwO

Quote:
Anywho, I'm really glad to see that you're willing to play with slopes. This allows me to teach you a few tips and tricks.

I recognized this area of the map as a highlight gameplay wise:

But this slope here isn't connected!

Here's a method you can use to connect the sectors.

First, start by moving the sector height so that the two corners line up.

Then draw a triangle in the unsloped sector with one vertex connected to the corners you just aligned.

Now slope it

Now, adjust the height of the newly sloped sector so that it lines up. Scroll wheel moves up in too large increments to correctly align it most of the time! To fix this issue, hold shift while using the scroll wheel to move up in single pixel increments.

Now do the same thing to all of the misaligned slopes. I also added the "[5] Slope Skew (E1)" flag so that the textures connect seemlessly.

And voila! Your slope is now fully connected!

i see, thats an actual usefull info. That's how i can do smoother slopes, thanks!

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

The original idea was on creating a long ascending ramp that only allows you to keep going up, if you dont stop, as i tried to make the slopes as higher as possible, but not too much if not the player was gonna never be able to sort them

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

So, as i understood, basically to make it smoother, i only have to create another slope on the other side, as a triangle shape, right? just so i have it in mind for the next thing i probably do
Old 6 Days Ago   #11
Kwiin
[A person in a place]
Contest Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soniku11 View Post
So, as i understood, basically to make it smoother, i only have to create another slope on the other side, as a triangle shape, right? just so i have it in mind for the next thing i probably do
That is correct, you can use triangles to connect virtually any shape, no matter how haphazardly drawn it is.

Here's the map in the gif if you feel like looking into it. (The name really is not a lie. This was just to prove a point that it could connect any shape. Preferably you want to make your sector shapes neat and tidy, however.)
Attached Files
File Type: zip sloppy bullshit.zip (6.9 KB, 16 views)
Old 6 Days Ago   #12
Soniku11
UwU Hi, im a furry, OwO

Quote:
That is correct, you can use triangles to connect virtually any shape, no matter how haphazardly drawn it is.

Here's the map in the gif if you feel like looking into it. (The name really is not a lie. This was just to prove a point that it could connect any shape. Preferably you want to make your sector shapes neat and tidy, however.)
I see, Thanks you so much! ill have it mind whenever i wanna edit my future or actual maps using slopes, to connect them into the surface
Old 6 Days Ago   #13
Soniku11
UwU Hi, im a furry, OwO

Quote:
Okay, let's get started!

one thing i remembered, its about color map, im still trying to learn how to make the water FoF have a colormap, as i can only change the whole sector but the water FoF
Old 5 Days Ago   #14
Soniku11
UwU Hi, im a furry, OwO

Map got reuploaded with some minor bug fixes and some other stuff

---------- Post added at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 AM ----------

Quote:

i did the suggestion you gave to me, and after a few tries finding how to do it on all the corridor, it end up looking really smooth, mostly. Couldnt make it perfect but i did my best, only a few pixels of textureless wall is shown, but it aint even notable. You have to stand by and carefully look at it.

Thanks!.

---------- Post added at 02:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 AM ----------

Quote:

About all the stuff you reported to me, i fixed them all, mostly. Gave all the liquids or only the sinkable ones a colormap, i properly set up the fishes strenght, so they will barely jump outta water, i extended the start so the player's camera wont be getting pushed against the wall, as also a secret at the very start, i removed a lot of things in general, as i had a lot of enemies and ring in bulk all around the map, and now it should be better.

Also, some texture errors got fixed, adding some textures on both sides where some slopes, so now it shouldnt annoy with a Hom anywhere

Last edited by Soniku11; 5 Days Ago at 06:18 AM.
Old 5 Days Ago   #15
Yume Dragoon
The Treens

Its back and better than ever
Old 5 Days Ago   #16
Soniku11
UwU Hi, im a furry, OwO

Match maze has been added into the pack! go and enjoy it!
Old 4 Days Ago   #17
yfyfyfyfyfy
The dumbest man

I don't understand what's going on with the lighting. Your level is dark, but for some reason there are light sectors.

There are also a lot of texture errors at the level.

I don't really understand why there are so many weapons on your map. Yes, you can do whatever you want, but it's not pleasant to play. Play vanilla multiplayer levels and see how it's done there!

Old 4 Days Ago   #18
Soniku11
UwU Hi, im a furry, OwO

Quote:
I don't understand what's going on with the lighting. Your level is dark, but for some reason there are light sectors.

There are also a lot of texture errors at the level.

I don't really understand why there are so many weapons on your map. Yes, you can do whatever you want, but it's not pleasant to play. Play vanilla multiplayer levels and see how it's done there!

if the map is too dark, my bad, im used to do value 160 as i use software ingame. But some areas have full bright on purpose, as they're supposed to say "hey, you can go thought there"

since the whole upper area its only FoF, i thought the player would get confused if it sees all the floor at same bright, or that's what i had the feeling of

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

And one extra thing, i still dont understand how does these textures offboundaries appears and why, since they cant be seen on the Builder, and i always make sure to delete extra textures so they wont do any visual glitch similar like a Hom. Like it used to happen in the small "maze" of Industrial Hills

Last edited by Soniku11; 4 Days Ago at 03:17 PM.
Old 3 Days Ago   #19
Daviroll_Limit
known as MM2Wood in-game

this maps are very solid and i like them for the effort put
my discord name: 「デビッド~」|PC-98|#4594 (i know, very original)
My epic Twitter Account
Daviroll_Limit is offline   Reply With Quote