• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Jasper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I see how that works now. Thanks again!

6jwjVEa.gif

The sound would play repeatedly every time Jasper got a star, so...

*Blrrring!*
*Blrrring!*
*Blrrring!*

Even if it was just applied to the first star, it would always play when Jasper lands with no stars. By the first time you heard the sound you would've already understood that you get an extra one if you touch ground, but eh.

I actually like the idea, except it should be a quieter sound, that way it is not ear raping (like a certain TF2 mod I made replacing the hit sound with the sound heard when hitting Eggman while using HMSvoice.wad...).

It doesn't matter if it's rare. Having the ability to stay in the air for more then 30 seconds and having full control of where you are going is overpowered as fuck. Not to mention "rare" is such a shitty gimmick for character abilities. There's a reason why that shitty "super sonic" suggestion in that metal anyone topic was ignored.
Yea, I guess that's TOO overpowered, I had no other ideas to think of...

That's not a very good excuse. PLUS you even went out of your way to say that PUPPYFAIC'S idea was cheap and yours wasn't.
I'm a really "honest"-like person, besides, I decided to think that my choice of ideas are really bad, all I think of dumb, stupid and bad ideas. and I finally guess that Puppyfaic's idea is WAY better than mine, mine are just too overpowered.

Jasper is turning out into a very interesting character to play as. Now I have a question: Does the Spark Bust (Or something like that) hurt enemies with the explosion?
Also:
3TnjCdh.gif
HOW THE HELL DID YOU DO THIS?! It looks AWESOME! But seriously. How did you make him flash his own colors? You truly have done the unholy...

Jasper is turning out into a very interesting character to play as. Now I have a question: Does the Spark Bust (Or something like that) hurt enemies with the explosion?

I was actually curious myself so I went to test it. All I can say is yes it does but it doesn't cover much ground. Still useful however.

9iYSq.gif

3TnjCdh.gif
HOW THE HELL DID YOU DO THIS?! It looks AWESOME! But seriously. How did you make him flash his own colors? You truly have done the unholy...

It's actually super easy, all you have to do is check for supercolor, and then change it to something else

It's actually super easy, all you have to do is check for supercolor, and then change it to something else

That's not what I did for my character, I just changed player.mo.color to different colors, and made it flash whatever colors blended into eachother well, and made it flash like that. When you leave superform, you regain the color you originally had.

I was actually curious myself so I went to test it.

Uh... I feel like some people have the wad other than Jasper himself. Maybe you have the wad because you are helping Jasper out? I seriously don't know.

Anyways, it does look useful. But you have to be careful though: what if you air brake ONE INCH away from the platform you are trying to reach?

And I gotta admit, Jasper was my favourite character to play as in 2.0. How long is it gonna take so that he appears in the Releases forum? :P

We have our own little bubble where we share stuff and work together on things.

true facts

Jasper rarely gets distributed anymore though, since other things have been keeping others preoccupied. Besides, I should actually be working on the wad itself and not just playing it! ^^'

Besides, I should actually be working on the wad itself and not just playing it! ^^'

Maybe it's because Jasper is 10x better and more fun to play as... right?

Jasper is turning out to be really cool. I hope to see him soon in the Releases Forum again!
Also: Is he going to have different abilities while Super?

Jasper's abilities do change a bit when he is super, but I'm not sure if they will be permanent or not. Currently, he gains over 9000 infinite stars with an extra boost to how much vertical height he gains like Larz said, as well as the Spark Burst acting more like a stomp. This stomp-ish Spark Burst has a larger explosion radius and is hilariously useful for bouncing on monitors.

If you want more ways to regenerate stars, you could make the stars harmful objects to enemies, and if they kill an enemy, refund the star you used. Likewise, if you kill an enemy with Spark Burst, refund the star you used to use the Spark Burst.

pinksper_by_jaspertehfox-d7nu3pf.png

dont kill me

If I ever decide to do all of the sprites in a similar style to this it won't be right away, and I'll still be releasing Jasper using the older sprites. Don't mind the shoes and hands too much; I sorta kinda stole them from an older updated sprite just to make sure Jasper had his limbs. They'll get cleaned up later.

About actual progress, I've been super busy doing constant real life stuff (noo!) but since school is finally out I can try to get back into the swing of things. Still working on sprites for the most part and super flying frames are awkward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back