Super Smash Bros [Wii U | 3DS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's true, what an idiot. It's not like they get money by giving out these leaks, so why would anyone risk their job?

That being said, the leaker would HAVE to be someone who works at Nintendo. There's no other way to get a hold of those pictures. If not, they'd likely just be someone with great photo editing skills. (Which I think is not the case since Shulk ended up happening)

FWIW, the rest of us at SmashGAF (which is where the claim was made) haven't entirely verified the guy's legit.

It seems a likely scenario, however.

Ice Climbers getting cut isn't surprising, as they've always been a bit of a design problem in how the secondary character was implemented. I think Rosalina was intended to be an improvement on their original design with greater emphasis on the secondary character + no chain grabbing.

I am surprised that Doctor Mario got in and Lucas didn't however; last I checked Sakurai was trying to eliminate clones to diversify gameplay, and given the custom movesets, I don't see how the minor gameplay adjustments in gameplay Doctor Mario provided would be relevant in this cast. Knowing Namco Bandai, there are probably specific gameplay reasons for his addition; perhaps the Doc will play closer to how Mario did in Melee and 64, with adjustments in his moveset to cater to more technical Mario mains. Considering Mario has always been my go-to before Brawl shat on him, I'm interested to see what they do with this character, assuming they do anything at all.

After seeing Bowser Jr. play out in the video, I have to take back my statement about him. Sure, I really don't like more Mario characters but his vehicle was an interesting twist and anybody who plays uniquely is welcome in my book. For those who didn't see the video I have some Webms scrounged up from 4chan which may be useful as the videos have been removed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zbpq9l4hubi0pc2/1409623638325.webm?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pnypbyck2my4al6/1409623813705.webm?dl=0

Dr. Mario is still a disappointing prospect but if he's as Blue Warrior describes I welcome him, I guess. Ganon being the same as Captain Falcon just stings at this point- I'm not even a Zelda fan but it hurts they can't give him something he deserves. It reeks of laziness. It feels like a giant middle finger after two games of being a clone and now three.

Last edited:
There's no guarantee that the characters cut will stay cut permanently, as proven with the leak that claimed several cut characters would be DLC.

However I am curious as to how the Duck hunt Dog will play if the leak is in fact real. Chances are the ducks from Duck Hunt will be involved in his gameplay, which has me wondering if he'll play like Rosalina and Luma are advertised in the duck can be controlled in some way, or if it's similar to Olimar.

Dr. Mario is still a disappointing prospect but if he's as Blue Warrior describes I welcome him, I guess. Ganon being the same as Captain Falcon just stings at this point- I'm not even a Zelda fan but it hurts they can't give him something he deserves. It reeks of laziness. It feels like a giant middle finger after two games of being a clone and now three.

I think Dr. Mario is an effort to curb complaints from fans who hated the Brawl iteration (aka me). Ganon steered away from being a clone as far as Brawl is concerned, he just ended up being really really bad.

I don't get Lucina though... What's the difference between her and Marth besides speed and power?

I don't get Lucina though... What's the difference between her and Marth besides speed and power?

...her final smash, maybe? We didn't see her final smash (at least not me) so it's another possible difference from Marth.

Also, if Dr. Mario/Bowser Jr./Ganondorf were to be included, they would appear on the official page showing them, as always. Dunno what expect from Dr. Mario, though.

if Dr. Mario/Bowser Jr./Ganondorf were to be included, they would appear on the official page showing them, as always.
Do you only believe what Big Brother tells you?
I don't know about Lucina, I always thought Marth was already fairly speedy. I actually never gathered that she was a clone until others said it. If clones aren't as bad as they were in melee it should be fine. I'll probably prefer playing her over Marth because
she's beautiful

Pretty sure that's the actual reason she was included, to be honest. There appears to be a clear effort to get more females into the cast in this iteration.

Sakurai said:
Pic of the day. Along with Robin, Lucina joins the battle!! Her physical ablilites are identical to Marth's--it must be in her D.N.A. However, where Marth's power is concentrated in the tip of the sword, Lucina's attack strength is balanced throughout the weapon, which might make her easier to control. She's also a little bit shorter than Marth.

Pic of the day july 14, 2014. Actually their attack power is the only difference their speed is the same.

Last edited:
Also, if Dr. Mario/Bowser Jr./Ganondorf were to be included, they would appear on the official page showing them, as always. Dunno what expect from Dr. Mario, though.

They only appear when they're revealed as a Pic of the Day. "Dunno what to expect from Dr. Mario" is silly, because even if special rules applied to him because he was a reskin, they would also apply to Ganondorf.

Also, today's Pic of the Day confirmed that every character will have 8 different colours to choose from. While I doubt characters like Mario will get new colours aside from the 2 extra slots they now have, I'm curious to see what colours characters like Sonic and King Dedede will get.

Also, today's Pic of the Day confirmed that every character will have 8 different colours to choose from. While I doubt characters like Mario will get new colours aside from the 2 extra slots they now have, I'm curious to see what colours characters like Sonic and King Dedede will get.
Ashura the hedgebug anyone?

I would buy a Wii U for that.

Would love Sonic's golden armor and scouter from Sonic Adventure 2 for the yellow variation rather than the golden boots and rings he wore in brawl.

Wow, I had to make that screenshot myself, it seems this outfit is even forgotten on the internet...sad.

Last edited:
There's a reason: we'd rather forget such things. That outfit was hideous then and it's way more hideous now.

There's a reason: we'd rather forget such things. That outfit was hideous then and it's way more hideous now.

I think it looks pretty cool, and is a cool outfit possibility for the new smash bros. The only thing I don't like about the outfit is how the arms and legs look.

Also,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back