• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Tails and his plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slasher

Serial Slackoff
Or was it Sonic's Tornado?....

Anyway, i've found a very veeeeery old spritework of mine, trying to emulate the plane, starting from Sonic Advance's one, and trying to make it fit with the Srb2 design.

ezimba19332052958002.bmp

FACT

The size is wrong, and Tails is not green.

-

This is free to use, if anybody was thinking of making a plane object thing.

If used, credit is not needed, but it'd be appreciated.

(And what if.... it was just the plane, and you could put characters in it?...)

Albeit that this needs some shading touchups in areas, I'd think this would actually make a great Tornado wad for releases, assuming you'd make more of the appropriate sprites, size adjustments, and whatnot, and make your own wad from this. Of course, that's obviously not stopping anyone from making their own Tornado, basing from this; at least your spriting is decent, I'd say.

If you're going to do rotated frames, (I'm assuming this is for Nights Mode?) get RotSprite. It will make cleaning up your rotations far easier.

I've used it for many things, it's an amazing app. As for SRB2-related stuff, I used RotSprite to make Rouge's Nights Mode sprites all clean and ready for SRB2Riders in less than a day. (I animated all the sprites for Blaze and Rouge, and partly Amy. It was fun helping out with that mod.)

Albeit that this needs some shading touchups in areas, I'd think this would actually make a great Tornado wad for releases, assuming you'd make more of the appropriate sprites, size adjustments, and whatnot, and make your own wad from this. Of course, that's obviously not stopping anyone from making their own Tornado, basing from this; at least your spriting is decent, I'd say.

Thanks for the compliment, considering the fact we're talking of a sprite work of /at least/ 2 years ago.
Now I'm working on some other stuff, probably if I find the time I'll fix whatever is wrong with this. I need some SOC and LUA knowledge, everytime I try to code anything IT FAILS MISERABLY.

It'd be a honour if somebody based off this his own Tornado.

If you're going to do rotated frames, (I'm assuming this is for Nights Mode?) get RotSprite. It will make cleaning up your rotations far easier.

I've used it for many things, it's an amazing app. As for SRB2-related stuff, I used RotSprite to make Rouge's Nights Mode sprites all clean and ready for SRB2Riders in less than a day. (I animated all the sprites for Blaze and Rouge, and partly Amy. It was fun helping out with that mod.)

Hahahaha, no, the original intention was to make it as an item you could grab onto and then fly around, much like the original Brak Egg missiles.

The rotated frame was there for testing because I was too lazy to make the frames -4-6.

I might reconsider making it for NiGHTS, so I'll check out RotSprite. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back