Oh damn...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice

Pretty chill guy
I think I just accidentally deleted the folder which had all my maps inside it. All the hours I have spend working on this damn computer may have just been lost, and they're nowhere to be found in the recycle bin. I'm literally on the verge of tears right now. I have some old outdated versions of the levels I have been working on that I need to save somewhere badly. Does anyone a nice stable computer that I can put these maps on right now? I don't have any other backup systems at the moment, and my computer as it is right now has a tendency to crash at unexpected times. ;_;

How the hell did you delete your maps folder?

"right click, delete, yes/no?, down to recycle bin, delete, yes/no?"

Well done. And if you disabled the "send to recycle bin", shame on you.

Naga said:
How the hell did you delete your maps folder?

Maybe Shift+Del = Instant Deletion. x.x

Even if deleting files, they are there until a day your PC overwrites them (then stop now what you are doing). There are some programs that restore files even if deleted from Recycle Bin.

http://lifehacker.com/393084/how-to-recover-deleted-files-with-free-software

When your operating system deletes a file, all it really does is mark the space on your hard drive that your file occupies as free space. It's still there, but your computer is now perfectly happy to write new data on top of it.

If not working:

Ice, you can post here names of your maps you lost. Who knows, we have some of them in our PCs (obviously those we've downloaded from netgame or from some way else).

I downloaded some "undelete" software yesterday and looked for it. It gave me some versions even older than the ones I have now.
Ah well, life moves on.

Well, I hate to say this, but...

Make a new map! Take all you've learned about mapping from the maps that were deleted and make a new, better one!

Well I was really hoping to make a level pack. Hidden Sanctuary as a whole was almost done.

System restore only affects the state of the OS (installed programs, registry), not the files.

I have scr_HiddenSanctuary.wad (02/Dec/2008). At least. I don't know if I have more wads of you.

I have the completed one of that. The one that was almost completely cut in half was Hidden Sanctuary 2.

If you think that is bad, try getting adware on your computer that won't go away, unless you restart your computer from scratch, losing everything that you downloaded or saved without no backup in order to save it all.

As they say from that popular website, "F...M...L..."!

Max+sonic, try using Malwarebytes and superantisapyware. (link and link) Don't bother with the links beckoning you for the full versions of both, it's not worth it and the free one should be able to get rid of your adware.

Spybot Search and Destroy, free yet the best anti spyware/adware tool around.

super said:
Was there a virus in your PC that done this?
That could happen.
I had an AWESOME picture that only saw the light of the My Pictures folder.
I had a virus that DELETED that picture.
What date, you ask?
It was none other than...
FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH!

Orangelink said:
Max+sonic, try using Malwarebytes and superantisapyware. (link and link) Don't bother with the links beckoning you for the full versions of both, it's not worth it and the free one should be able to get rid of your adware.

Err... my computer is already fixed, why do I need to fix it again, this was like two months ago. Besides the guy who fixed it put in some great antivirus and antiadware software that works all on it's on without having me to worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back