This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
This is my first level in MB, and the second level in general.

And yes, this is Green Hill again, sorry about that.

Music:
Sonicesque, Vol. II - 02 Coconut Hill (Karl Brueggemann)
https://youtu.be/W4009hppaYA?list=PL3EB40607B5C4E393

Update 1.1:
- Some places in the level have been slightly expanded.
- Increased ceilings at the beginning of the level.
- Fixed one of the secrets.
- Fixed some visual bugs.
- There is also one moving platform to go to the beginning of the level.

Attachments

• srb20080.jpg
    srb20080.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 1,148
  • srb20079.jpg
    srb20079.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 862
  • VS_HorseradishHolm-v1.1.pk3
    3.3 MB · Views: 1,808
Last edited:
This map could use being at least DOUBLED in size, especially the starting areas which are almost claustrophobic. That being said, HUGE fan of the layout, gives me the feeling of playing the classics in 3D, with the variety of lower/upper paths, slopes and secrets. Great work!

This level feels super cramped. You should open things up in future updates. Gameplay wise you really seem to like the S3&K tactic of simple platforming spaced between 10+ seconds of careening down slopes and bouncing off springs and just holding down spin as the game takes control, and just because I compared this to S3&K doesn't mean that's a good thing. This is 10 or more seconds where I have no control over the character and have to just deal with the fact that I am being thrown about all over the place and that's just not interesting on repeat playthroughs.

Where this level really shines is the decoration. I must applaud you on that wall texture, it's an absolutely fantastic use of composite textures and it looks really nice and varied. Like GFZWALL2 but for Green Hill. You use sector decorations in a way that is fresh and interesting, making seemingly new textures. These themes are absolutely full of interesting decorations and I love it.
MEVqW7L

I look forward to future levels of yours. Just make sure to compensate more for player speed and size, as not to make your levels so cramped.

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

I just did an Amy playthrough, and the paths you have her go on do not seem to have most of my issues.
The smaller stage, and Amy's slower playstyle works with it better. It's not as automated, as there isn't really a way to automate an Amy playthrough.

And also holy shit this path is beautiful. This has reinforced my belief that your decorations here are fantastic. This playthrough has definitely upped my opinion on this stage.

srb22941.gif

srb21035.png

This is the best Green Hill I have seen in SRB2! but I would like to actually have my save files. It could have been awesome.

This map could use being at least DOUBLED in size, especially the starting areas which are almost claustrophobic. That being said, HUGE fan of the layout, gives me the feeling of playing the classics in 3D, with the variety of lower/upper paths, slopes and secrets. Great work!

Pretty much this. It felt too cramped in most areas, if it was bigger it would be great. I really adored all the attention to detail in the areas i explored too. Directioning was good, i thought i was lost down 1 path but it was going the right way. This follows back to general Scaling of the level since i fell down into a small area with 2 paths. Overall, it was a very pleasant stroll.

A bit cramped, and I'd love to see more non-GHZ levels.

That said, great design here. There seems to be a ton to explore! Really cool level; my favorite in a good while.

Wow, this map was really amazing! My main complaint is that it feels a bit cramped, you could stand to make everything a little more spacious, but besides that, I was pretty much blown away by the absolutely gorgeous visuals (especially for a GHZ clone) with an absurdly beautiful amount of detail, and all the depth in the level design and the paths and places you could explore! Keep it up!

Going against the grain here, but I feel like like it's fairly open with enough twists, and turns to make things interesting if you're considering that this is designed mostly around sonic. If you're not just letting yourself be moved by the springs, you can actually tackle this stage in quite interesting ways when going as fast as possible. It's a very visually appealing level as well with pretty fitting music.

One thing I do have to complain about is this one section where you can get yourself soft locked with sonic https://i.imgur.com/ba2B2r0.mp4

Overall, this is definitely one of the better custom levels I've played so far.

I don't mind the over-use of Green hill Zone when it's this richly designed.
Very nice.
Heh, the giant Mania total poles in the backgrounds give the level a menacing undertone with that thing staring at you all the time.
Yeah, had a good time. Lost direction a few times but usually found my path again fast enough.

Update 1.1:
- Some places in the level have been slightly expanded.
- Increased ceilings at the beginning of the level.
- Fixed one of the secrets.
- Fixed some visual bugs.
- There is also one moving platform to go to the beginning of the level.

Had to sign up to say I love this stage. Cleared it with every character after jamming through it with Junio Sonic. It's cramped but I don't think that's bad, every screen is full of something to look at and makes me want to dive in. I can't fully explain it but it gives me Sonic Jam/ Sonic World vibes. Great stuff!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back