E3 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really like the storybook games, even the name merits some sort of embarrassment of sort. If you like the storybook games, no problem I don't have anything against you. Secret Rings was fine with me. What I really hope for is a Sonic Adventure 3 that goes back to the classic 3D sonic formula. There's nothing wrong with the new formula or anything that we've seen in Unleashed/Colors/Generations, but to be honest the last game that played like a Sonic Adventure game was Sonic '06. Honestly, I don't want that to be the last one that plays like the old games. Adventure 3 would be a great idea, the only setback would be if Sega made some really unnecessary friends who have no merit to story or plot whatsoever. Shadow and Rouge had personalities, you got to learn about them throughout the continuing storyline. I miss that in Sonic games, I really do.

This year the main thing I want to hear about is stuff about the Wii U. Sure I'm gonna watch the whole thing but I wanna know about the price, the so called "360" like online, launch line up, ect...

This year the main thing I want to hear about is stuff about the Wii U. Sure I'm gonna watch the whole thing but I wanna know about the price, the so called "360" like online, launch line up, ect...

Online play, apps, the launch titles, portable and on console at the same time.
I'm so excited for it.

Yeah, I watched it too, for lack of much better to do (not that I don't have assignments, but I'm hitting brick walls left and right).

I hope you like gritty wartime (realistic or futuristic) shooters, because, hey, guess what most of the conference was?

Actually, that game where you fling cannonballs at castles looked pretty fun. As did that Forza spinoff. And South Park could be pretty good, depending on your tolerance for that kind of thing.

Also, that Xbox SmartGlass thingamabob, while a fairly obvious ripoff* of the Wii U setup, did provide some interesting insights into how said system could work. I mean, they showed the player getting a new Halo Waypoint entry for the big ship, and it showed off details and lore about it on the tablet. Anyone else think "Metroid Prime", here? That could be rather cool, having the lore show up on the Wii U controller without necessarily pausing the action on the main screen - you can read the data during the game's breather moments immediately following battles.

(* Okay, so odds are Microsoft was probably developing this technology at the same time, and this is all just a sheer coincidence. Still, given the order of reveals, it does seem a bit "me-too".)

Halo 4, Tomb Raider and SmartGlass were my favourite bits.
So, the Microsoft conference just finished up...

IT SUCKED
403568_436956649657078_178513369_n.jpg

bo2.png

Also hilarious was the number of times GT had to reset the feedback graph because it was flatlining on "hate".

犬夜叉;726477 said:
bo2.png

Also hilarious was the number of times GT had to reset the feedback graph because it was flatlining on "hate".
Halo 4 and South Park were hot
Kinect and Nike+ were NOT

So EA's conference finished about half an hour ago, and there wasn't much to talk about. SimCity and Crysis 3 were featured, both looking pretty good but the rest of the show was either brown war shooter or sports games.

Madden, however, is turning into a football-themed RPG with fake twitter which I thought was pretty humorous.

Didn't watch much of the Microsoft Conference as my brother hogs the TV, but my hopes for Microsoft -

Crash Bandicoot is announced as a playable character in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Spyro the Dragon is announced as a playable character in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Umjammer Lammy is announced as a playable character in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
More Parappa the Rapper stuff for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Parappa the Rapper 3
Some sort of Parappa the Rapper game

I missed everything of Ubi's conference before Rayman Legends, but what I did see was really entertaining minus the terrible jokes. And considering 91% of Gametrailers viewers loved it too, they must have done something right.

I missed everything of Ubi's conference before Rayman Legends, but what I did see was really entertaining minus the terrible jokes. And considering 91% of Gametrailers viewers loved it too, they must have done something right.

They loved it because of Watch Dogs.

I dunno about the actual game itself; the premise is incredibly interesting but the demo is really vague about just how much of the game is scripted and/or linear and how much of the game is user-oriented. It looks very open, but we need more details. I think what blew most of the people away was the presentation of the game. It was delivered in a way somewhat atypical for an E3 conference reveal and it was actually (for the most part) very intriguing.

Last edited:
Incidentally, Sony's presser was also incredibly blah. Almost nothing Vita. Not really any new games that were especially exciting (Sorry, I was not sold on 3EYOND going off that dull-as-hell trailer), a really lengthy demo of some book game that didn't really work as planned (that poor woman must've been so embarrassed :|), and some Uncharted knock-off (from the people behind Uncharted, no less), only with more uses of the word "fuck" and shooting people's faces at point blank!

2RMBM.gif

Nintendo wins by default, honestly.

I'm actually REALLY impressed by the technology a lot of these developers are showcasing in these trailers, the mo-cap technology for Quantic Dream's stuff (3EYOND) and the atmosphere and animations crafted for Watch_Dogs stand out, personally.

But, really, how much of it is an innovative game experience? Corridors are corridors and if the game just moves you along from one to another to pitch you its premise then it stops being a game and becomes more of a pseudo-playable digital movie.

Except that's pretty much at least two-thirds of the popular Western game market now (and almost everything at E3 so far).

Nintendo'S conference just finished. They haven't shown much new and they left really small amount of time for third party games. I think Wii U might get quite good line up.

NeoGAF is going on record as saying Nintendo's was the worst of the three.

I dunno. I saw more there that I'd be willing to buy than I did at the other two... but it was pretty bad. Pikmin doesn't really interest me, not sure how much I want New Super Mario Bros. again, and while Nintendo Land is a looker, it's apparently just a collection of multiplayer games that I'll never play beyond launch day. Already beat Arkham City, and this Armored Edition doesn't really add enough new to convince me to play it again. No interest in Ubisoft's lineup (outside of maybe Assassin's Creed 3, which got better representation at Sony's conference than it did here, and Rayman Legends). Really, really underwhelmed right now.

On the plus side, Scribblenauts Unlimited sounds cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back