Is it possible to transfer save data from 2.2.0 to 2.2.8?

Steve9hw2

My question is as the title says. I had played 2.2.0 a while back and gotten a fair amount of emblems, though when I installed 2.2.8 my files weren't detected despite the installer stating files for versions 2.2 and beyond would be found. I know there are 100% files that can be downloaded, but I wouldn't want to cheat that since I wouldn't know what was genuine and what wasn't.
If anyone with experience working with the files has an answer, I'd be glad to hear about it. Of course, I'm aware that the official website showed that some more recent versions only needed a patch to update to 2.2.8, and I can understand if 2.2.0 is too old to transfer from. Thanks in advance!

You are absolutely able to transfer 2.2.0 saves to 2.2.8.

You could try manually transferring gamedata.dat and any srb2sav#.ssg files to wherever you installed 2.2.8 (unless it's in the same spot as 2.2.0?).

You are absolutely able to transfer 2.2.0 saves to 2.2.8.

You could try manually transferring gamedata.dat and any srb2sav#.ssg files to wherever you installed 2.2.8 (unless it's in the same spot as 2.2.0?).

It looks like that was enough to successfully transfer the data! I had tried moving one or the other, but it seems like all the save files and the gamedata.dat file are necessary for it to work. Thanks!

Also, the srb2sav#.ssg files are for your save slots and progress in them, and gamedata.dat is for global progress like unlockables, emblems, stats, etc.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back