• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

[SRB2 Kart 1.3] Editing Item Sprites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatOneGamingDude // T1GD

ThatOneGamingDude // T1GD
So SRB2Kart is basically a Mario Kart knock-off, and we all know that. To accommodate that fact, most of the items resemble Mario Kart items; Orbinauts are Green Shells, Self-Propelled Bombs are Red Shells, Mines are Bob-ombs, Eggman Monitors are basically Fake Item Boxes, and Hyudoros are Boos. Is there a way to edit the item's sprites so that they are their Mario Kart counterparts, or other references?

As I have already described in this thread by SIG7, it's actually easy to do this.

Say I were to replace the Jawz sprites (which are really just the SRB2 equivalent of the red shell). I would rename the graphics to start with "JAWZ" and give it its respective rotations, then I would place those sprites in between S_START and S_END markers in a wad/kart file. I would, obviously, save the file, then test if it works. And sure enough, it did. Here's what the resulting wad looks like in-game:

attachment.php

And here's what the wad looks like:
unknown.png

Note: These sprites were taken from srb2.pk3 and recolored to fit its appearance in the Mario Kart games.

Attachments

• kart0001.gif
    kart0001.gif
    7.6 MB · Views: 1,532
...You know older versions of Kart were straight up Mario items, right? SRB2 Kart has been increasingly distancing itself from Mario Kart, but if you want the old Mario items so bad, most of the sprites are right in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back