Urgent Problem with my wad Level :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone. So, i have problems with sky for my level, look:

glitchsz.png

can help me? =(

Sorry for my bad english. I speak Spanish and a little bit English XD

Last edited:
This looks like a fairly standard case of the Hall of Mirrors effect, which shows up when you either don't have a wall or thok barrier around the level or are missing textures. If you don't already have a thok barrier, you'll need to create one. I can't remember if there's a method to make the thok barrier invisible, but there are at least ways to make it unobtrusive.

1wV7P

These linedefs are missing textures. There's no sky around the edges of the map, just walls.

If the map is meant to be outside, make sure the outermost sector had a ceiling texture of F_SKY1. That will tell the renderer "hey, I want to see sky above this sector's ceiling height", and sky you will get.

Also make sure that the floor and the ceiling heights are the same. Not strictly required to get the sky effect (for instance, E1M1 of Doom uses it in the big outdoors area in the center of the map by having the ceiling lower than the ceiling of the surrounding sector, but you can walk underneath that sector just fine), but, well, you probably want a thok barrier, and that's made by having a 0-height sector.

Last edited:
dude, this is all kinds of bad first off, the thok barrier was built wrong (extremely wrong) reason 2: it looks like you're making a hangout level unless you're going to completely redo this its just going to be bad and you should quit right...wait for it.......now.

dude, this is all kinds of bad first off, the thok barrier was built wrong (extremely wrong) reason 2: it looks like you're making a hangout level unless you're going to completely redo this its just going to be bad and you should quit right...wait for it.......now.
I'm more inclined to think that this is either a very early work in progress or that it's just being made to experiment, particularly since the word "EXIT" is spelled out with sectors in the upper right.

That said, the goal of someone replying to a help topic should be to help the original poster fix his issue, and to encourage improvement. Telling someone to just give up because they set up the thok barrier wrong the first time is really premature.

I'm more inclined to think that this is either a very early work in progress or that it's just being made to experiment, particularly since the word "EXIT" is spelled out with sectors in the upper right.

That said, the goal of someone replying to a help topic should be to help the original poster fix his issue, and to encourage improvement. Telling someone to just give up because they set up the thok barrier wrong the first time is really premature.
you're right I was just tired it was 11:23 so I forgot about that 1 rule also i wasn't trying to be a jerk i just wanted to help him, I'll try to be more responsible from now on
any ways I tried and tried but, i can't find what the problem is sorry dude

Last edited:
You're right

I fixed it! you were right, I was missing textures where Lippa said, thank you very much for your answers, have a nice day!
Administrators if they can settle this issue, this fixed the problem (now I have no more problems with sky textures)

Sorry for bad english.

Bye

Well, i had the same problem with my wad, but i solved it- Two sectors were missing texture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back