Hey, let's not discourage people from trying. That's pretty douchey. Give them a chance and see how much they improve. Besides, I'm hoping for lots of submissions next month. Though maybe not QUITE as many as last time. We got a crazy amount of levels last OLDC.

BTW, if anyone wants to increase their chances of winning, make a multiplayer level. There was a lot less competition there last time. One person won twice for their multiplayer stages.

WATER. WATER MAP.

srb20016.gif

Really like the texture layering you've got going on.

Hey, let's not discourage people from trying. That's pretty douchey. Give them a chance and see how much they improve. Besides, I'm hoping for lots of submissions next month. Though maybe not QUITE as many as last time. We got a crazy amount of levels last OLDC.

Honestly, as a newcomer, the idea that ~20 SP maps is considered to be a ridiculous amount for OLDC is confusing to me. All it means is that more people participated, and shouldn't that be a good thing?

Ridiculous amounts of stages turns off voters.
See: BlueZero4 being overwhelmed by the sheer amount of stages- and not being able to make his videos and criticisms of all of them.

It also leads to the side effect of people not noticing when they forgot a stage in their vote, leading it to be disqualified.

And one vote makes a very large difference. Last season 1 vote was equal to 29 points. That's a lot of weight.

It also leads to the side effect of people not noticing when they forgot a stage in their vote, leading it to be disqualified.
To be fair, this wouldn't happen if we had a proper voting interface instead of doing everything manually. Something like google forms could be used to automate the process and ensure votes can't be submitted unless they rank every map. It would certainly be a lot cleaner than the current system as well.

Someone did make a little website for all of the OLDC entries. It was 95% on par with what my original votes were when I did them manually.

Honestly, as a newcomer, the idea that ~20 SP maps is considered to be a ridiculous amount for OLDC is confusing to me. All it means is that more people participated, and shouldn't that be a good thing?

Yeah... But as a voter, it's a bit intimidating. To give each level its fair chance, I went through each of them twice (or more, if they had character specific paths). That took a lot of time. I enjoyed it, but it was a lot of work.

Kinda shot my self in the ass by checking out everyones maps for ALL categories. This lead me to vote for all maps but as Kwiin pointed out. Missing one = that vote will not be included.

If we had that voting interface earlier this wouldn't of been a problem.

BlueZero4 being overwhelmed by the sheer amount of stages- and not being able to make his videos and criticisms of all of them.
I definitely did not pace myself. All my content from this past contest was from a single weekend, I think.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back