This mod is truly a blessing.

SRB2's level design is probably not suited for a boost-based gameplay but having a good homing attack and double jumping helps a lot.

It is a huuuuuge help!

I was making this case in Suggestions for the base game but... I wish there was a mod that combined the Modern jump abilities (double jump/homing/wallkick) with spindash/roll and thok as jump+spin.

You're right that the levels aren't built for Boost so I basically use it as a thok anyway, just for direct forward propulsion. Well sometimes I'll use it like Metal to break spikes, but otherwise I'll just occasionally tap it rather than spam it.

I also like that the stomp almost functions as a hard emergency brake.

It is a huuuuuge help!

I was making this case in Suggestions for the base game but... I wish there was a mod that combined the Modern jump abilities (double jump/homing/wallkick) with spindash/roll and thok as jump+spin.

You're right that the levels aren't built for Boost so I basically use it as a thok anyway, just for direct forward propulsion. Well sometimes I'll use it like Metal to break spikes, but otherwise I'll just occasionally tap it rather than spam it.

I also like that the stomp almost functions as a hard emergency brake.

Wouldn't that be too many abilities to manage at once?

Anyway I like cheesing some zones with the air boost (especially in levels like Castle Eggman).
That makes me feel I'm playing Unleashed with M-Speed

Don't get me wrong, I really recommend this addon, but I would suggest some things that I don't think it's necessary. It would be nice if we have sprites made by your own, because those sprites were used in some old addons made back to the past. Haven't tested this WAD before, but I'm sure I can make some M-speed tricks (despite it only works with games powered by the Hedgehog engine). But anyway, it's a very fun WAD to play.

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

Wouldn't that be too many abilities to manage at once?

Anyway I like cheesing some zones with the air boost (especially in levels like Castle Eggman).
That makes me feel I'm playing Unleashed with M-Speed

Me either!

?

Modern Sonic needs a Spindash He can't spindash on DSZ with the thing where you need to wind up to open the door It'd be spectacular if you could fix it.

Modern Sonic needs a Spindash He can't spindash on DSZ with the thing where you need to wind up to open the door It'd be spectacular if you could fix it.

Modern Sonic has the stomp though, which can break the floor that leads to the alternate path for characters that can't spin. Just take that route instead.

Modern Sonic doesn't spindash. Not to mention I made sure you can complete the game with Modern. He is more than capable of doing so. People shouldn't be getting stuck or getting lost with Modern.

Modern Sonic doesn't spindash. Not to mention I made sure you can complete the game with Modern. He is more than capable of doing so. People shouldn't be getting stuck or getting lost with Modern.

I should mention that the stomp can break Amy and Fang Floors so he can take the routes that those two could.

Heya!

Can you tweak some of the bosses cuz....

Attachments

• srb20009.gif
    srb20009.gif
    6.3 MB · Views: 502
  • srb20007.gif
    srb20007.gif
    7.1 MB · Views: 427
Because? Listen, a few gifs isn't going to help. If you're saying they're too easy, not much we can do. If you're saying they're too hard, that's just on you.

Yeah, boss fights are totally possible, if they seem too hard that's a you problem.

use my milne sass

Are you going to add the quickstep to the next update, or is there a reason why you didn't add it?

It's still a great character to mess around and break servers with!

9/10 would boost again

To be honest many abilities for Modern Sonic aren't suited for the level design of the game (unless somebody creates map specifically for that).

Quick-stepping was made for long roads with Aero-Chaser,Interceptors Or mine-filled roads.

I can see uses for quickstep still, it's still a decent correction tool to perfectly adjust yourself to a certain distance while keeping your direction.

But yeah theres not many situations that need it in SRB2 and there aren't any more buttons for it anyway

I can see uses for quickstep still, it's still a decent correction tool to perfectly adjust yourself to a certain distance while keeping your direction.

But yeah theres not many situations that need it in SRB2 and there aren't any more buttons for it anyway
Also it's not like strafing in SRB2 wasn't a thing too.

I don't really know what to put here as title

Can I use your Modern Sonic for a Project? I'm trying to remake Sonic Unleashed in SRB2! And maybe even Sonic 2006, Sonic Colours and Sonic Generations! So can I use it for my Projects?

Downloading Issues

This is a pretty cool mod, and when I saw it I had to get it. I tried installing it by downloading it (I have Windows 10), going to my downloads, and extracting it to the "addons" folder in the SRB2 folder. However, the mod wanted to replace a ton of stuff, and even though I let it, I wasn't able to use it in game. Can anyone help me with installing it? (I deleted the mod completely from my computer and SRB2 folder)

Some mods require you to have unlocked new characters. Also, replace things? Are you referring to what's shown in the console? If you aren't, it shouldn't have had to replace files.

Downloading issues

The mod wanted to replace existing files. When I let it replace the files and I went into the game, it wouldn’t show up when I searched addons. Do I need to play the OpenGL version for it to work? Even so, why would it replace existing files? (I’m not very knowledgeable with this kind of stuff). If someone could, please tell me what I need to do to install the mod :) don’t sweat it tho

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 5, Members: 2, Guests: 3)

Back