Resource icon
This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Twins'R'Okay

Mid-tier Pixel Artist
I managed to find some very old special stages, and gave them a fresh coat of paint.

These are special stages from Demo 4.35 and Final Demo 1.09.4, edited to look nicer and be more lenient, similar to 2.2's current multiplayer special stages.

But, unlike 2.2's mp special stages, which only retextured the special stages to look like the main zones, this one adds slopes here and there to better sell the 2.2 aesthetic.

In terms of which ones are which.
MP Special Stages 1, 2, 3, 6, 7 (Demo 4.35)
MP Special Stages 4, 5 (Final Demo 1.09.4)

Attachments

• VS_OldSpecialStagesRemake-v1.zip
    68.7 KB · Views: 1,091
  • srb20078.png
    srb20078.png
    55.6 KB · Views: 1,450
  • srb20079.png
    srb20079.png
    56.9 KB · Views: 1,256
This is pretty neat, I'd forgotten most of the Demo 4.35 special stage layouts so thanks for that strange sense of nostalgia.

Now I have to follow suit with Demo 4.1 Special stages. I have a sentimental attachment to those special stages despite their bad design. If anything the music from those needs some remix's because I love the themes of 4.1's SP3, SP4, and SP5.

Believe it or not the Special Stages after the second one in Demo 4 each had their own music which were... MIDI compositions of songs from the anime Ojamajo Doremi. I've no clue who thought to insert them in there, but clearly somebody was a fan. Here are specifically each one

It is a good idea that I wholeheartedly support and it deserves to come back :)

(that list is actually missing one song, though: Santa ga Machi ni Yattekuru which is used in THZ1 during Xmas mode, at least in Demo 4.35 and Final Demo 1.08)

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back