*Can no longer doublejump after homing in on a boss"

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

That was so busted and fun lol

It's official, Modern Sonic will be getting a full resprite thanks to Bendy#3113 and DaOrangeBoi(Deranged/Orange)#0887 on Discord.

Modern Sonic gets kinda confused and the camera spazzes out and you ascend if you have the attraction shield on, and commit light speed dash.

I love this Modern Sonic mod. Very well done. I do have one criticism and that is why does Modern Sonic in boost mode can easily be stopped by walls? That used to not be a problem. Like if you are in boost mode and just barely touch a wall you instantly stop like why? Is it possible to not have that happen or is this because character balance? Also again probably the best character mod I discovered in 2.2 era and here have a Modern Sonic pic that came out much better than expected during game test.
srb20037.png

Modern Team idea

maybe you should make modern tails and knuckles as well tails could have a tail swipe dummy ring bombs and perhaps his arm cannon knuckles could have multiple punching moves and of course custom 3 super transform

I love this Modern Sonic mod. Very well done. I do have one criticism and that is why does Modern Sonic in boost mode can easily be stopped by walls? That used to not be a problem. Like if you are in boost mode and just barely touch a wall you instantly stop like why? Is it possible to not have that happen or is this because character balance? Also again probably the best character mod I discovered in 2.2 era and here have a Modern Sonic pic that came out much better than expected during game test.

The reason he stops is because the wall is "slowing" him down. There should be no reason you can continue boosting if you're hitting a wall...it just looks stupid. You would know what I mean if you ever played the 2.1 version of ModernAbilities I made.

scratch my old modern knuckles idea he could have his heat knuckle combo instead of spinning a max head knuckle charge attack and maybe some other moves like his tornado spin or digging you could also have modern sonic and modern tails team up if you decide to do modern tails

Last edited:
Love this mod, one of my favorite characters to this day.
I think a nice quality of life mod would be adding Chip from Zero's Werehog mod, I think that'd be cute.

The reason he stops is because the wall is "slowing" him down. There should be no reason you can continue boosting if you're hitting a wall...it just looks stupid. You would know what I mean if you ever played the 2.1 version of ModernAbilities I made.

I meant like it completely stops all movement like Silver when he runs into a wall. It used to be where if you hit a wall you would keep going depending on the angle of the wall hit. A 90 degree hit would stop you but a 15 degree hit would just not be noticeable but not even the slightest touch of the wall and you are reduced down to regular speed. Anyway wanted to get that cleared up.

I meant like it completely stops all movement like Silver when he runs into a wall. It used to be where if you hit a wall you would keep going depending on the angle of the wall hit. A 90 degree hit would stop you but a 15 degree hit would just not be noticeable but not even the slightest touch of the wall and you are reduced down to regular speed. Anyway wanted to get that cleared up.

What version allowed you to retain speed after hitting a wall? I haven't changed the method of boost since release.

something i've noticed is that it's impossible to use actionswap when in time attack, which makes it impossible for me to use time attack with him. Just some other way to activate actionswap with him (Maybe custom 3 if you're in time attack, since you cant go super in time attack anyways?) would be greatly appreciated.

This is the most fun I've ever had playing boost Modern Sonic in any game. This is also the most enjoyable character to play SRB2. It is so much fun navigating these levels with this moveset.

In summary this character mod in this game is the greatest Sonic game ever made.

My one suggestion would be to change the way the character's name appears when you complete the act... "Modern Sonic" works for the title screen but I feel like it should just be "Sonic got through Act 1" instead of "Modern Sonic passed Act 1" ... just imo

IMO this character deserves to be in the base game. Modern Sonic is so much more forgiving and easier to use than base game vanilla Sonic and would be a good option for "easy mode" Sonic. I think it makes the game much more accessible. And having a save file / level select with Modern Sonic ... oh man.

Great job!

This mod is truly a blessing.

SRB2's level design is probably not suited for a boost-based gameplay but having a good homing attack and double jumping helps a lot.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back