[Open Assets] MightyMania.lua: Mighty's abilities from Mania Plus in SRB2

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Emong

This script gives a character (specifically one named "sonic" by default), Mighty's abilities from Sonic Mania Plus.

This includes:

• The hammer drop!
    • Press jump again in mid air to slam down into the ground, piercing enemies and damaging enemies around you small radius around you when you land.
  • Spike protection!
    • If you jump onto spikes while curled into a ball, you'll pop off them. You won't be curled anymore so try not to land on them again before you hit the ground.
  • Projectile deflection!
    • While you're curled into a ball, any projectiles fired by a non-boss enemy will harmlessly plink off your shell.
Special thanks goes to Lat' who gave me a better way to detect spikes and Tatsuru who gave me the idea for how to decide which projectiles to allow deflection of.

Attachments

• MightyMania.lua
    9.5 KB · Views: 1,041
  • Hammer Drop.gif
    Hammer Drop.gif
    4.6 MB · Views: 1,216
  • Projectile Bounce.gif
    Projectile Bounce.gif
    4.7 MB · Views: 1,075
Awww, it doesn't deflect turretfire? I suppose some bosses do use that, but you could have checked for if the thing shooting had the boss flag, maybe...

Oh well. Welcome to Releases!

Oooo All he needs is a Wall Jump and boom perfect Mighty he'll a resprite though

[Say Mighties if you want a resprited Mighty]

Oooo All he needs is a Wall Jump and boom perfect Mighty he'll a resprite though

[Say Mighties if you want a resprited Mighty]

Thats if anyone will sprite him. And these are just mania ablities not... ablities he had before.

If I change the name "sonic" to "mighty", then Mighty still does his double jump (I'm using 2.1.19 for a modpack to work)
Strangely enough, it works in 2.1.21.

There are a ton of Mighty-ies

The one you're using, in which I believe is the one based of Sonic sprites with a really large shell, is "overwriting" the lua function with CA_DoubleJump.(Lua programmers are going to kill me now, cuz I don't know programming at all) There's other mightys that use othe char ability, or it's just set to none to fit in lua programming. I've actually just bundled the one I use with this lua, so he's basically a Chaotix + Mania abilities hybrid.

This was developed on 2.1.20, so I assume that 2.1.19 is just missing something that this script uses.

Sorry to ask this but
Is there a way to change the drop move to the spin dash button instead of the jump one?
I have the walljump with doble jump and I want the drop move to be a different key

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back