beware!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shadowsfollower

I downloaded sonic robo blast 2 and it killed my computer!!!

It is nothing but a big virus!!!!!

Beware the virus!!!!!!!!

...no

Either you are very,VERY mistaken or somebody gave you a wad that "potentally" had a bug. But trust me, there is no virus in SRB2.

And even if there was, dont you think we would of known about it by know? there are +400 members on this message board, and none of us have ever had a virus trouble with srb2. I highly doubt that you do/did as well.

You didn't get the virus from that wad, trust me..
Actually, most of the time people think they have terrible viruses when all they did was mess something up in Windows. :|

Just get it from the actual website if you got it from a random mirror. You don't know WHAT those mirrors do with SRB2 before putting it up.

And can you be more specific when you said it killed your computer?

Obviously, but I'm talking about how it stopped working. Like if one or more of these things happened: everything started spazzing out, black screen, BSOD, restart, shutdown, failed boot, whatever.

Actually, there is a leaked version of 1.09 here that will delete everything in your SRB2 directory (including the EXE itself) beginning with "SRB2" if you don't have srb2pat.wad, which is only for beta testers.

If you ask me, then that's malware.

hotdog003 said:
Actually, there is a leaked version of 1.09 here that will delete everything in your SRB2 directory (including the EXE itself) beginning with "SRB2" if you don't have srb2pat.wad, which is only for beta testers.

If you ask me, then that's malware.
What, you shouldn't be digging around in our directories ^_~

Omega the Hedgehog said:
Actually Mystic, that was up there on purpose. It was in SSNTails' public directory as a joke, even if it was a genuine EXE.
I know. It was a trap laid to see who would fall for it. That's not the only one, either.

Mystic said:
Omega the Hedgehog said:
Actually Mystic, that was up there on purpose. It was in SSNTails' public directory as a joke, even if it was a genuine EXE.
I know. It was a trap laid to see who would fall for it. That's not the only one, either.
People must be stupid to think that somebody will put a back-up of the game in an Internet server. Did you see any copy of Sonic Action around Internet?

There are copies of the real thing on our servers somewhere, Sik. We need them to distribute files between testers, and when people not included in development find them, that's how the leaks happen. Hence the fake EXEs that wipe all things in the srb2 directory of srb2*.*

Totally wrecks any previously downloaded leaks, as well as deters people from clicking on random EXEs they find in our directories, since some of them will cause some rather major inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back