Official Level Design Contest Voting: March/April 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is officially the longest time that FuriousFox has waited to set up the new discussion topic. I've been itching to talk about Elemental Mansion Zone Act 1. -_-

I've noticed a pattern with this as well. The last two topics didn't start untill I asked to try hosting and seem to have stopped when I stoped asking.

Torgo said:
Single player:
Poison Prison Zone by SonicMaster - 5/10
Trying to use muliple paths is a good idea, but each area is too cramped. I also wanted to see more factory like gimmicks, or something to scenic.

Triopolis Tower by Brandon Dyer - 0/10
This is the same wad from Gemplanet. Even if it wasn't in a released wad, I wouldn't give this a good rating anyway. Pretty much everyone that posted after me stated the problems.

Metal Mechanism Zone, Act 1 by Hyperknux - 6/10
Ah, this looks much more like a factory. The level design is pretty good, the first area with the spring had a shortcut to the grass part of the level. I am not sure if that was intentional or not, but it skips a good part of the level.

Flooded Mine Zone by Boinciel - 7/10
This level is good. I liked the level of detail that was in it. I didn't get any sig segs or anything like that the first time going through. Using the switch to make the pumps was pretty good. There wasn't enough enemies though.

Green Hill Game Gear, Act 2 by Glaber - 2/10
Ow my ears. The rendition of the song was to high pitched. Anyway on to the actual level. The level is linear, and cramped. It didn't have any green hill type of feel to it.

Undersea Palace Zone, Act 1 by GCFreak - 6/10
I thought that some of the platforming aspects of the level were a bit annoying, there were too many places where I had to keep trying on the same jump. I think there could have been more springs. I still liked the stage enough to give it a 6, and I like the ending.

Match:
MAPA1 - Carnage Palace Zone by Zanyhead - 1/10
This one has cramped hallways and homing. Not very fun

MAPA2 - Metal Spire Zone by SonicMaster - 2/10
This felt bland, it just didn't feel like anything inspired it. The problem is the various heights and small rooms. It just didn't make it flow too well.

MAPA3 - Voiced Concern Zone by Glaber - 3/10
The layout was pretty good, the problem is that you can get all the emeralds and turn super. That definitely took some points down for me.
EDIT: Well, okay you made this to complain about the emerald idea for 1.1, but as I said in a post later, it is different to 1.09.4 scheme mainly because only one person can turn super in 1.1 and its very rare to get it. Not to say it still might not be a great idea, it just works a lot different.

Capture the Flag:
lolwut/10

Circuit:
MAPA4 - Frantic Factory Zone by Roy - 4/10
Kinda a good idea with the lazers to prevent thokfests a bit. It doesn't have much scenery.

MAPA5 - Barren Ambition Zone by Glaber - 6/10
This one wasn't too bad. I might have to try this at a later time to get the fell of it.

MAPA6 - Mine Maze Zone by Blade T. Hedgehog - 5/10
lol loops. Okay now that I got that out of the way. The scenery fit the level, though there are jumps that break the flow of the level. The loop breaks flow as well.

You got to realize that everyone tries their best. No one is perfect at making things good. I would love to see you come up with something better.

glaber said:
Glaber's Review post:

Flooded Mine Zone: 7/10
Hmm. nice layout, but your blimp badnik crashed the game. I give you a 7.

Green Hill Act 2: Can't rate/10
Reason: it's mine!

Metal Mechanism: 3/10
Uh, why did I find a spot with Red Volcaino Syndrom? This level stunk of robot exust and smoking guns. In other words: tone down the robots!

Poison Prison Zone: 8/10
WOW. This level amazed me. I like what I played and I really liked how
you gave credit to the person who made the music for your level. The acid Suprise was lacking, but I won't dock you for it.

Triopolis Tower: Can't rate/10
Reason: You sent in Triopolis Town instead. This level was already released prior to the contest twice on the fourms, and as such is a rule braking level. I'd advise releasing the correct level in this thread ASAP.
The threads where it can be found: http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?t=12586 http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?t=12648

Undersea Palace: 9/10
WOW! This level felt like a 1.1 level to me. I really liked the water slides.

WELL DAMNIT I DIDNT KNOW SORRY! I WAS NEW TO THE FORUMS THEN!
I SHOULD HAD NEVER SIGNED UP IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Ok sorry I broke the rules ok. I seriously didn't know.

I'll create a level thats not offical to GemPlanet next time.

Happy?

Besides, I would give my own level a -10 becuase I just realized there were no jumps possbile and that was the first level I created anyway so I don't really care and I do have better levels to enter next time.

A city level is hard to make without glitches and thats make me think Dark City will fail(No offense)

GemEarthBrandon said:

Happy?

Not really. You banned me from your net game today because of this mess.

glaber said:
GemEarthBrandon said:

Happy?

Not really. You banned me from your net game today because of this mess.

Yeah but you did deserve it, especially when your so hype and eager to report. How would you feel if I reported on you?

Upset at first, then I'd find out what I did wrong and let it go. I am sorry for seeming hyper about reporting but the only reason (I can currently think of) I kept bringing it up durring the contest was FF's lack of a responce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back