Suggestions

WOW, Senku, that ROCKS!!!
Here are some more ideas for values:

SuperTics = The interval of time between each ring subtracted while super. set this value to -1 for unlimited super form.
Different set of sounds for when you're super, i.e. DSSPRTHK is the thok sound made while the character is super, DSSPRSPN is a super version of DSSPIN, etc.
I also think that the jumpheight variable should be more flexible. It should range from no jump at all to jumping to extreme heights.
I also think that MultiAblity should be changed from "on or off" to being a tic value. For instance, if MultiAbility = 1 for double jump, you could jump three times instead of twice, 2 would equal four jumps, and so on. The same would apply to thoks, floating, gliding, and for fly/swim, how long you can push the character up or down with a single keystroke. Setting it to 0 would mean the classic version, and -1 would mean infinite MultiAblity.
There should also be an option to make characters have a custom set of NiGHTS super sprites. It would mean a LOT more frames, but if you didn't want to use the feature, you could have the variable NightsSuper = (0 or 1) and if you set it to 0, it would use the default NiGHTS Super Sonic, and you could just have a lot of placeholder sprites in the unused frames.

One more idea. There could be the variable LoseAllRings = (0 or 1). The default value would be 1, which means that when hit, you lose all your rings. If set to 0, another value, RingLossAmount, would govern the number of rings you lose per hit.

Special NiGHTS axises and Axis transfers that put the camera behind Sonic for a type of "Rail Shooter" movement mode.
Super Sonic should use his Single player sprites for the player that goes into this mode while to other players he is stil using the Nights ones. For moving directly up on the track you could probably use a special item that has how high it takes you determined the same way that determines how high the fan object blows you. To switch out of the "Rail shooter" mode you would just use a regular NiGHTS axis.

Is there a way to make NiGHTS Super Sonic stay that way without a time limit? If there isn't, that should be in 1.1.

I also have a couple more ideas for entries in the S_SKIN lump.

skipfactor/superskipfactor = (0-100) This entry would determine how big your character's water skipping would be, if they can skip across water. 0 would be just spinning over the surface without bouncing, 100 would be an enormous skip.
rockbuster/superrockbuster = (0 or 1) This entry would determine whether or not your character can bust through rock just by walking into it, like Knuckles. This is currently set automatically if your ability is Glide/Climb, but it should be an option independent of what ability you have. Also, it should be possible to set whether this is on or not in super animations.
spinrockbuster/superspinrockbuster = (0 or 1) This entry would determine whether or not your character can bust through rock by spindashing into it. Setting it to 0 would mean that even if your character spins into bustable rock, there would be no effect. Setting it to 1 would be the classic setting, where spindashing can break bustable rock.
underspin/superunderspin = (0 or 1) This entry would determine whether or not your character can squeeze into really tight holes by spindashing. This would be useful for characters with large spindash frames, where it wouldn't make sense that they could squeeze into holes by doing that.
ghosttrail/superghosttrail = (0 or 1) Setting this entry to 0 would mean that the entry "spinitem" is used. Setting this entry to 1 would mean that instead of a spinitem, a bunch of ghost images would appear behind the character, like in Dash's World.
DSSHOOT This would mean the sound that the character, NOT the slingitem, makes when the character slings an item. The default noise would be silent, and it could be replaced so that, for instance, a character would yell "Take This!" while throwing a ring.
bubblegasp/superbubblegasp = (0 or 1) Setting this to 0 would mean that if the character is underwater, they can't grab air bubbles. This would add an extra element of challenge for someone playing as that character.
deadlyspringjump = (0 or 1) This setting would determine, if the character lands on an enemy while bouncing off a spring, whether you would be damaged, or the enemy would be.

Also, I have an idea that I think goes above most of my other suggestions for importance: CHANGE HOW YOU MAKE THE BOSS BATTLES! I HATE how Act 3 of each stage is just the boss and nothing else. Make it more like the original Sonic the Hedgehog--three long stages, and a boss battle at the end of the last one.

Option in S_SKINS to replace all certain sounds per character, like mario sounds or something, global sounds wouldn't be changeable per skin, aka Eggman's lasers or RVZ rumble, springs might work though, you would just have to think carefully about each sound if this gets added.

Another for slingring = 0/1 meaning if you require rings for your slingitem, some characters use weapons rather than ammo, I mean for instance Senku uses a sword, so he wont use up "ammo."

Yet another for slingitems, slingdelay sounds obvious doesn't it? Anyways it's as simple as the delay between slingitem shots.

Yet ANOTHER for slingitems, slingcount, how many of your shot item can be out at once, since I'm hoping to make a boomerang soon for Senya I was hoping this could be added in, plus it's be useful for swords again. >> <<

Next... I dunno right now I'll think of more stuff tomorrow.

The action that allowes the turret and Jetteson Gunner to shoot unhardcoded so that custom badniks that used the same commands can work properly.

Now I remember what I was gonna suggest in the post above, a redone sprite set order and more added sprites, alot are optional and stuff and can be disabled and not even needed via superanims = 0, or will default to using Sonic's frames. Such as if I used MTLS for Metalsonic and there was no MTLSw, it would grab PLAYw and use it.

####A - Stand
####B-E - Wait
####F-M - Walk
####N-Q - Spin
####R - Spring
####S-V - Run
####W,X,Y,Z,[,\,],^ - Ability
####_ - Bubble Gasp
####` - Hurt
####a - Die
####b-c - Edge
####d-e - Fall
####f-i - Push
####j - Hang
####k - Life Monitor Static
####l - Life Monitor
####m - Life Window
####n - Sign
####o-w - Super Transform
####x - Super Stand
####y,z,{,| - Super Wait
####},_,`,1 - Super Walk
####2-5 - Super Spin
####6 - Super Spring
####7-0 - Super Run
#### - Super Ability

....Running out of stuff so maybe I'll stop for a bit to think or something.

Sectors that turn lightdash on when you step on the them and turn lightdash off when you are off it. (So people can make loops with out having to have SA mode on.

Turn Eggman's Castle Act 2 in to a Match level.

In addition, sectors that automatically make you lightdash. Perhaps there could be options allowing you to direct which ring to start on, and which direction face after that.

In addition, certain rings could be set to turn to shadows, which remain lightdashable, but not obtainable.

These shadows should be used in Ultimate mode, but in Ultimate mode you can collect them, they just won't harm you from hits. When you get 100 "shadow" rings, you don't get an extra life yet, but a marker is put next to your life meter. At the end of the stage, you get the extra life. This same marker type stuff should happen with normal 1-up boxes.

This has probably been suggested before, but meh, here I go:
I don't know if this is possible or not, but I think the music should continue on where it leaves off whenever you get an extra life monitor. Or perhaps any other music-changing power up, it's just annoying when you are at the favorite part of the zone music which is playing, only to bop on a life monitor and hear it fade away and have it start at the beginning. It's a minor inconvenience, yes, but is still pretty damn annoying.

Make rail rings extremely fast projectiles instead of hitscan. Make it just a little more than point-and-click.

Add some "Custom game" options into the multiplayer menu, eg, how many points are needed to win, time limit, amount of rings started with, gravity, or perhaps what special rings players start with. In most cases, a graphical interface for several popular console commands used in multiplayer games.

Special match type with respawning NPCs such as crawlas? Could add a little variety to vanilla match. Maybe "allowbadniks", or something. Trying to kill robots (add score for eachone, but likewise, lose points for being hit by one or killed).

Topic moved to archives, and a new one made in its place.

The majority of stupid posts have been deleted. I've gone from 180 pages to less than a hundred...X_X

Developers, if I can get you find any plausible suggestions and copypaste their post ID into the thread in the developer's subforum, that would be great. Thanks!

Here's this topic again. The discussion topic wasn't particularly working out properly, so this is back into a single topic. Please don't discuss suggestions at length. If you need more than 10 posts to discuss something, make a new topic to talk about it.

Since the traditional copypaste of what SHOULDN'T be suggested is far too lengthy and boring to read, I'm going to spare you all of that. Instead, I'm simply going to ask that you all use your head when you make suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:
- Make it so you have to jump to get some rings, rather than just running.
Ex. Next to the four flowers near the start of GFZ1. It adds more classic sonic feel to it.

- Hollow out some of the huge block busting section in DSZ. Keep the branching paths hidden with bustable blocks, but don't keep the entire area covered in them.

Before joining a server, highlighting it on the MS list should show a small box saying what wads it has.

The sort-of large robots with the spears should be two hits.

Make the "buttons" at one of the ends of CEZ2 [spoiler:8d81bedda6]the ending where you have to flood water[/spoiler:8d81bedda6] actually look like buttons. They aren't obvious at all now, I thought they were chairs eggman straped people into and let the spike balls hit them to torcher them.

That's all I can think of.

Some ideas:

* Emerald Tokens should make a different sound. Having a ring sound is confusing. Just put any other one, there are plenty in Sonic games.

* There should be an outspace room before the final room in ERZ1, it´s really hard the first time, just because you don´t know that blue things are actually air. Just make a little room before that, with plenty of time but a blue thing on the way, so people understand how it works before getting there.

* It would be cool to have a Special Stage practice mode, or a Time Attack, so you can actually practice without having to play an entire level, just to fail and repeat...

* Change emblem colours somehow. I know they are different for Sonic, Tails and Knuckles, but I still can tell for sure when can I pick them. I just run into them and if I can´t pick it, I get back with other character.

These are my ideas to improve the SRB2 version 2.0

3 °-more levels of nights , only have two , slumber track and spring hill)

6 °-the way of change of the sky of SRB2 shuffle

7 °-give an option to play with complete screen or small screen for slow computers

PD: sorry if you cant understand me , so , i speak spanish

I would like a Save-per-act system.

I hate when a sigsev pops out when im searching for emblems and emerald tokens and then, have to start again, getting those emeralds again.

EDIT: And BTW if this wasn't said yet, a "Reconnect" command might come in handy

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back